Considering Celebrity and Could Use Some Help

NotTooCritical

8 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

It would be nice to have an energetic piano bar on a Celebrity ship.  The closest thing is a piano in the Michaels Club on some ships.  The concierge will sometimes arrange for it to be played as background music.  

http://www.perrygrant.com/resume/

I guess you never sailed on the Constellation with Perry Grant? He was the the quintessential Piano Bar player in the tradition of Don't Tell Mama in the Village. He is truly missed!  

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

http://www.perrygrant.com/resume/

I guess you never sailed on the Constellation with Perry Grant? He was the the quintessential Piano Bar player in the tradition of Don't Tell Mama in the Village. He is truly missed!  

Yes but that looks like Michael's Club.  Not an open to the public real piano bar!

4 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Yes but that looks like Michael's Club.  Not an open to the public real piano bar!

That WAS Michael's Club pre-Beer garden pre-suite only. He was literally pushed off Constellation when they decided to change the concept and take out the piano. Which is BEFORE they decided to make it suites only. And Now it will be the Retreat Lounge!

Edited by kwokpot

2 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

That WAS Michaels Club pre-Beer garden pre-suite only. He was literlly pushed off Constellation when they decided to change the concept and take out the piano bar. Which is BEFORE they decided to make it suites only. And Now it will be the Retreat Lounge!

Thank you- I did not sail on Celebrity in the old days when Michael's Club was for everybody.  It looks like it was a lot of fun!

5 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Also the concept of a piano bar is old school. Doesn't fit in with the new direction. I don't ever see them putting in a piano bar in any of their ships. Do you see a piano bar at any W Hotel or South Beach resort? 

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Also the concept of a piano bar is old school. Doesn't fit in with the new direction. I don't ever see them putting in a piano bar in any of their ships. Do you see a piano bar at any W Hotel or South Beach resort? 

But I do see one on Princess that is almost always packed. Crooners. My DW and I spend hours there when cruising Princess.

I will admit that I am old school.  

16 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

But I do see one on Princess that is almost always packed. Crooners. My DW and I spend hours there when cruising Princess.

I will admit that I am old school.  

The piano bars on the Carnival cruises are always packed too! In fact on the Carnival new build Vista Class when the first build came out people complained that the piano bar was too small. Subsequent ships expanded it a bit.

But as I said the particular LIFESTYLE (Which can be any age demographic) that Celebrity wants to court eschews that sort of thing. Probably the only participatory musical entertainment that fits into the new activities paradigm would be Karaoke .  

4 hours ago, kwokpot said:

But as I said the particular LIFESTYLE (Which can be any age demographic) that Celebrity wants to court eschews that sort of thing. Probably the only participatory musical entertainment that fits into the new activities paradigm would be Karaoke .  

Maybe the better question is what demographic is Celebrity trying to attract?