Our Winter Getaway on the Breakaway

misguy

Just posted information about our lunch shortly after boarding.  We elected to eat in one of the MDRs and had a great table, good food, and service.  We were able to avoid fighting the crowds at the buffet.  On the blog, there is a short video out the window by our table.

We stayed at the:

HOLIDAY INN FRENCH QUARTER CHATEAU LEMOYNE

301 Rue Dauphine, New Orleans, LA, 70112, 

This was convenient to Canal Street, and I pushed my wife's wheelchair down Canal to the Riverfront Mall and we did some shopping there.  There is a streetcar stop on Canal a block or so away, but we wanted to walk since it was a nice day.  It is a typical HIE, we thought it was a good value.

8 minutes ago, nursey000 said:

Thanks!  Leaving Sunday on the Breakaway, So your info helps alot!

I will try to get the dailies posted in the next day or so, I am still working on finishing the MDR food.  Don't miss the free themed buffets in Moderno on sea days.  Also, I would get to the terminal as early as they will let you on departure day, it got nuts later in the afternoon I was told.  We got on early had lunch in Taste which opens at 12:00.  Any questions I will be glad to answer them.

• Like 1

As soon as you get on board, remember that there are both forward and aft elevators.  It seemed like everyone was using the forward elevators, so going against the crowd you may find elevators that are not really being used at all.  One of the first stops should be one of the interactive displays and book the comedy shows you want.  You can't book them before you are on the ship, so try to do those first thing, there will be some of the displays by the elevators.  You probably won't be able to get to your rooms till after lunch, so I would explore a little bit if you have time before lunch.  If the weather is decent, on deck 8 you have the Waterfront, and that is an easy way to avoid the congestion in the mid-ship areas inside while the boarding is going on.  I have a bunch of pictures and videos that I am working on for my YouTube channel.