Drink costs

GUEST234

Ok, first-time cruiser. Going on the Grand Princess from Galveston on 2/18. One question I haven't been able to find the answer to is this: How much do the drinks on-board cost? Specifically I like Captain Morgan and Coke and Pina Coladas. Information for some budgeting would be nice. Thanks in advance.

Drinks are NOT cheap by any means. Some of the more tropical drinks (like a pina colada) will come in different sizes (small, medium, large) I usually got mediums and they were around $7.50 by the time they added the tip in. Jack and Coke (or something of the sort) will run just under $5 but it's usually very small so you are better off ordering a double size.

Mr. Sush

I noticed you are cruising on the 02/18 Grand Princess. We have a terrific Roll Call going.....so come join us! We have 84 folks reporting in for the cruise....so find us at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=226537

We have been sharing a lot of info and we will be meeting up on board after the life boat drills.

Hope to see you on the Roll Call soon.

I really didn't think the drinks themselves were priced too bad. Order a large. My husband and I would order one large and share it sometimes. They are huge and I think it works out to be a better deal. By the way, we were on the Star, I highly recommend the Long Island Ice Teas, Pina Coladas and thte 24K Margarita.

On the Grand, order a large Texas Tea(Long Island Ice Tea). It might cost 8 bucks or so, but atleast it will last you awhile.

FYI...I was at Pappadoux's this past Sunday and the drink prices WERE higher than the ship's drink prices.

Also, I thought the drinks made in Skywalkers(disco) were alittle weak, but the drinks made by the pool bars were good.

Archived