I am booked on the Mardi Gras!!!

Jamman54

15 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Good job Jeff, very disappointed in the Havana options....

Thanks Jimbo!  We got exactly what we wanted. I did notice the odd location of the Havana Bar and the lack of a pool. :classic_cool:

4 minutes ago, BoDidly said:

Thanks Jimbo   , that's something to be considered . I wanted to say something  nice to Jeff but I see he's booking /bragging again 😁.    JK Jeff Enjoy !

Thanks! My relationship with my PVP paid off this evening. I knew that I was at the top of his list but had no clue that I would be getting the call tonight. :classic_cool:

1 minute ago, Jamman54 said:

Thanks! My relationship with my PVP paid off this evening. I knew that I was at the top of his list but had no clue that I would be getting the call tonight. :classic_cool:

Tell him to call me . My PVP called me last month about some sale that was going on so I returned the call. Only to receive a follow up call a week later ,after the sale was over   :classic_rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Lovetwocruz2009 said:

Looking at the leaked plans, there’s a pool on deck 8. Is this pool for Havana guests? It’s the opposite end of the ship, though 

That area is called Summer Landing and it's a public space.

7 minutes ago, Lovetwocruz2009 said:

Looking at the leaked plans, there’s a pool on deck 8. Is this pool for Havana guests? It’s the opposite end of the ship, though 

I don't see a pool for Havana guests, but there is a hot tub in the Havana outside area.

image.thumb.png.e1ea80e0626d88f4dd2035a4ae6372c7.png

Got on this the moment that I could for my partner and I. Although the Havana area doesn’t look as equipped on this ship as on the Vista class, I placed a courtesy hold on one of the new Havana Vista Suites - We’ll have a long time to plan for this one, so lets go all out!

I particularly liked the front location on Deck 8 for this room, and I hope it’ll have some nice deck space with the private lanai, which appears to be what the gray space is on either side of the ship for these rooms.

In a Havana Vista Suite you’ll find all the luxury of a suite, all decked out in Cuba-inspired décor. Outside your Havana Vista Suite lies a private lanai with your own hammock chair, plus exclusive daytime access to Havana Pool area... not to mention amenities like VIP check-in, a walk-in closet, and a bathroom with one luxurious rain shower.”

That said, I think a lot will rest on the configuration of the room and how things are situated since it is a corner space.

Here’s to hoping that we find out more information about the ship and its areas soon!

9A9CAC33-5858-466E-AF96-D15F45BF245E.jpeg

• Thanks 1

We received an email stating we could book using a special early offer under our VIFP numbers. We're booked on the 9 day out of Copenhagen, followed by the 15 day TA.  We booked using the link provided in the email, and was shocked that entire decks were already sold out. We couldn't book the same room for  both voyages, hopefully, we can get that changed between now and then.

I guess I'm not special enough, I can select the cruise and date I want, get to the type of cabin and that's as far as I can get. The message says no pricing available for the dates I chose. Well, it's the very first one out of port Canaveral, so you shouldn't put it up if you can't select it. Oh wel, I didn't particularly want to go on the monster, just checking out the deals.

I do not have a PVP, so did not get a call.  Instead I awoke very early this morning (1am-ish) from falling asleep on the sofa last night, saw I had an email from Carnival about the itineraries going on sale, and tried as I might could not find a "hump balcony" available.

Our ideal sailing dates were very limited - we have a couple of side-line activities that get planned out a year or three in advance, and we know the general blocks of dates - Oct/Nov and Feb through mid-April are off limits for other stuff.  Plus we have cruises booked in (late) April 2020 and Dec 2020, so it was either going to be the earliest possible booking in Oct 2020 or maybe sometime in late-April 2021.  As it turns out, only the last available sailing (currently) is viable - even the itinerary the week before conflicts with stuff already planned, believe it or not.

So I just decided to make the best of it and grabbed one of the forward balconies on deck 14 for that latest date I could book (24 Apr 2021) - room is on hold for another 40 hrs or so until I get a better chance to assess other options.  

I did want to explore those forward balconies anyway, so this isn't a "boo hoo feel sorry for ProgRockCruiser" post, but I suspect every single PVP got those hump balconies booked within a few hours before even the pre-sale.

I do find the itineraries a bit underwhelming.  Maybe that's to ensure the ship can get from point to point with time to spare (since I bet they don't want to rely on max cruising speed right out of the gate!), so they simply can't get too far from Port Canaveral for a 7-day.  That 8-day would be nice, since we've never been to St Thomas.  So I may switch to that, even though it is going to be less than two months prior to the cruise already booked for Dec 2020.

• Like 1

We also no longer have a PVP,  just like booking on our own, lol.  Did put a cabin on hold just to wait, see and think about it.  I did check same itinerary on Breeze from PC and it was only about $100/pp less than Mardi Gras, so not that much of a mark-up considering it is a new ship.  We also went with the first sailing out of PC (8-day) cruise, since it's our go-to port.  The way I look at it, we are booking for the ship and all the amenities onboard , to try it out and see if we like new design and size.  The ports are all repeats and am kinda disappointed in these itineraries to say the least.  We don't book ES rates so don't get any OBC attached, except from stock holders which is the same, lol.  The 1/2 deposit isn't any savings considering we have to pay it eventually.  I do see where having a PVP might have negotiated a highly sought out cabin like the hump balcony as stated above.  Well can always cancel if something else pops up with PG rate.  😂

57 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I do find the itineraries a bit underwhelming.  Maybe that's to ensure the ship can get from point to point with time to spare (since I bet they don't want to rely on max cruising speed right out of the gate!), so they simply can't get too far from Port Canaveral for a 7-day.  That 8-day would be nice, since we've never been to St Thomas.  So I may switch to that, even though it is going to be less than two months prior to the cruise already booked for Dec 2020.

Talked it over with my wife, we decided to stick with the April 2021 booking.  The 8-day in Oct 2020 is "too close" to the 8-day we have booked in the first week of Dec - we'd literally be getting on the next cruise exactly 6 weeks later.

We'll find a different cruise to get to St Thomas, eventually.

When the Mardi Gras gets more itineraries released after April 2021, I'll consider whether to book again if it is something unique/special.  And maybe get a hump balcony!

15 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I was given the same call, was told its hush hush right now only for special members.

This is a joke, right? I mean you're just kidding? Do you really feel that much more special than anyone else?

Everyone that signed up on the Carnival website to get an email when the ship was ready to book, should have received their email last night. I received mine, but decided to wait until the ship is actually up and running before I book. I seen what happened to the Celebrity Edge. Everyone wanted to be on that ship and paid high prices, and now it's coming back with not so good feedback. Mardi Gras ship is smaller than Oasis, and holds like 1,000 more people.  Hope everyone that is booked though, have a wonderful time.

12 minutes ago, lovelights said:

This is a joke, right? I mean you're just kidding? Do you really feel that much more special than anyone else?

Why would that be a joke?

Some people who frequently cruise with Carnival and likely had long-time PVP’s got the scoop before it went live online. It’s as simple as that, lol.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lovelights said:

Everyone that signed up on the Carnival website to get an email when the ship was ready to book, should have received their email last night. I received mine, but decided to wait until the ship is actually up and running before I book. I seen what happened to the Celebrity Edge. Everyone wanted to be on that ship and paid high prices, and now it's coming back with not so good feedback. Mardi Gras ship is smaller than Oasis, and holds like 1,000 more people.  Hope everyone that is booked though, have a wonderful time.

I believe the poster was referring to a call from their PVP.

In this case those working with proactive PVPs were indeed special as they were able to get booked several hours before any emails were sent and before either the website or phone agents could book. I was disappointed by this, but harbor no ill will towards anyone able to take advantage. I too received my email... about twenty minutes after I had booked through the website shortly before midnight. Interestingly the price when I clicked through the link in the email was $20 per person higher than what I had already booked moments earlier.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cousin Eddie said:

I believe the poster was referring to a call from their PVP.

In this case those working with proactive PVPs were indeed special as they were able to get booked several hours before any emails were sent and before either the website or phone agents could book. I was disappointed by this, but harbor no ill will towards anyone able to take advantage. I too received my email... about twenty minutes after I had booked through the website shortly before midnight. Interestingly the price when I clicked through the link in the email was $20 per person higher than what I had already booked moments earlier.

It's going to be interesting to see how these prices might change between now and the time the ship sails. It's nice to be able to see the layout of the ship now though.

We will be onboard the first sailing from PC as well. I went ahead and snagged a Havana Cabana on a 48 hour hold, I am hoping there will be a few suprises in store for that area. Otherwise it's a little underwhelming compared to the Vista class Havana areas.

I agree that the itineraries for the Mardi Gras leave a little to be desired. I was hoping for an Aruba/Curacao/Grand Turk run, but oh well. I like the ports on this run OK, and if Dad goes along (they have a cabin on hold as well) he will love San Juan and the forts I think.

See everyone who booked the inaugural PC sailing next year! :)

• Like 1