I am booked on the Mardi Gras!!!

Jamman54

• 1 year later...
On 1/30/2019 at 6:21 PM, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I just put cabin 14476 on hold. It looks to me on the deck plan like the balcony for this cabin may be bigger than the other cabins in this category. What do you guys think? The 800 # rep says she shows the same size in the description. 

I just booked this cabin too because of the balcony for the Christmas Cruise starting December 18, 2021!

We were booked on the original Transatlantic Cruise on the Mardi Gras and were very disappointed the delivery of the ship was delayed and they cancelled that voyage. It looks like they will be delivering to the US with no passengers just like they did with the Carnival Panorama. We were on the original Transatlantic Cruise on the Carnival Horizon. Our next scheduled cruise is on the Carnival Panorama in late November 2020. They just charged our credit card the final payment for that so they haven't cancelled it yet. I really think it will get cancelled. I'll take the FCC plus any bonus as we'll definitely be cruising on Carnival again eventually.

16 hours ago, CruiseRookieSteve said:

We were booked on the original Transatlantic Cruise on the Mardi Gras and were very disappointed the delivery of the ship was delayed and they cancelled that voyage. It looks like they will be delivering to the US with no passengers just like they did with the Carnival Panorama. We were on the original Transatlantic Cruise on the Carnival Horizon. Our next scheduled cruise is on the Carnival Panorama in late November 2020. They just charged our credit card the final payment for that so they haven't cancelled it yet. I really think it will get cancelled. I'll take the FCC plus any bonus as we'll definitely be cruising on Carnival again eventually.

We were also on the original inaugural and Transatlantic Mardi Gras which was cancelled. Was hoping the Celebration sister to the Mardi Gras would accept passenger to Europe before transatlantic to the states but might not be. We have decided to look at another line when cruising in Europe for US passengers is open.

25 minutes ago, candigirl41 said:

For those of you booked for spring of 2021, I just heard on the news that Carnival is cancelling all cruises through spring of 2021.

Candi

I think the news station was confusing the cancelling of itineraries for the four ships for all cruises cancelled.  No-one else has reported anything, and that kind of thing would pop up here PDQ.

5 hours ago, candigirl41 said:

Listening to it, it is clear they have summarized it far too broadly - they start talking about Carnival Corp without mentioning it is the Mother Corp, and the sell off of 18 ships across multiple brands, then they talk about "Carnival" (not specifying the CCL brand) canceling "multiple itineraries" into the Spring - again glossing over that it is only four ships' worth, and Carnival is accelerating Dry Dock servicing for those ships.

What a horrible, misleading story.  Shame on you, GMA.

• Like 1

I think the news station was confusing the cancelling of itineraries for the four ships for all cruises cancelled.  No-one else has reported anything, and that kind of thing would pop up here PDQ.

I have seen 2 news reports today stating the CDC will probably be extending no sail order and cruise lines are aware.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 year later...
On 1/30/2019 at 6:21 PM, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I just put cabin 14476 on hold. It looks to me on the deck plan like the balcony for this cabin may be bigger than the other cabins in this category. What do you guys think? The 800 # rep says she shows the same size in the description. 

We are booked in this cabinnext week. I wondered about the balcony size too.