I am booked on the Mardi Gras!!!

Jamman54

3 hours ago, edudansil said:

Hi everyone! 

Does anyone happen to know if there's a difference between the regular interior cabin and the square ones found on the Mardi Gras? The picture shows the two square type cabins in the Havana area and am wondering if there's a difference either in size or amenities? Tried looking up similar deck plans, but couldn't find much. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! 2027914374_ScreenShot2019-01-31at9_16_57AM.png.08429a69c0490b34afc03c9660b535cb.png

I was on the phone yesterday with my PVP discussing this too. Unfortunately she wasn't sure if it is bigger or the same. My guess it's probably the same square footage.

1 minute ago, E Heffa said:

Hmmm

Not sure what that means, but the agent I used asked a superior if he could "do anything" for us since we were transferring the Inaugural too, and they came back with 200.00 obc in addition to what Carnival gave us. I jumped on it. Plus, it is easier using 1 agency rather than 2. 

1 hour ago, 13cheermom said:

So do a search on youtube for square cabins on Carnival Magic cabin 6365 and you can see actual video of the square cabin layout.  Not positive that it will be the same but it does give you an idea of possible layout.  We also booked the square shaped interior vs traditional long skinny type on Deck 10 right across from the ocean suites above the atrium.  We actually had booked one of the sideways interior cabins on the Breeze couple of years ago and really liked the additional room space it provided.  Hope these will also be roomier. 😁

Thank you! We just booked it so let's hope! I'll check out the videos though. 

It also seems like 8295 is smaller than 8288 so I'm also hoping that  doesn't make too much of a difference. 

2 hours ago, thalliday said:

We booked "inside cabin #10396" for both the Inaugural cruise and the Trans Atlantic.  Looks like a balcony cabin, but Carnival rep said it wasn't.  I guess I'll have to wait until the official deck plan come out on the Carnival site to confirm.

Mardi Gras 10396.jpg

You have circled 10398, which is indeed a balcony cabin.

10396 is one of the square-shaped cabins across the hall, and is indeed an interior.

58 minutes ago, consmarci said:

It went great. We are booked on the Inaugural and Transatlantic. I transferred both over...got the free gratuities on the Inaugural and 200.00 extra onboard credit on the Transatlantic. He couldn't have been nicer. He says they are slammed today. 

Thank you to the original poster mentioning Crucon. We saved over 400.00 with this transfer and it is much appreciated! 

I've never heard of crucon before, but would love to get the prepaid gratuities.  Did you just call them and ask for them to transfer your booking?  I booked on the Carnival website last night.  I'm not sure if the sailing we booked on is sold out or if there is a glitch as I looked at the Carnival website this morning and it doesn't show.  Any info you can share is much appreciated!

14 minutes ago, fsuchick97 said:

I've never heard of crucon before, but would love to get the prepaid gratuities.  Did you just call them and ask for them to transfer your booking?  I booked on the Carnival website last night.  I'm not sure if the sailing we booked on is sold out or if there is a glitch as I looked at the Carnival website this morning and it doesn't show.  Any info you can share is much appreciated!

Yes, just call them and let them know you want to transfer the booking. It is done all the time, evidently, to get the perks that agencies offer. It does take away your ability to call Carnival with issues/ price reductions etc in the future, since you have to go with the agent, but in this case, since both of my categories are already sold out, I felt it was worth it. An agent will call you back, get all of your info and it was done within a half hour. Gotta say, they were terrific, efficient and a pleasure to work with. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sw33twif3 said:

I'm booked on the transaltlantic. 

Where are y'all getting deck maps?  I looked on Carnival.com and can't find it.

"Official" ones:

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/Ships/MD/DeckPlans/mardi-gras-deck-plan-pdf.pdf

Not linked usefully from anywhere else on the Carnival site that is Mardi Gras related, unfortunately.

Just booked the Dec 12, 2020 in the Vista Spa Suite on Deck 17! Been wanting to try the Captain's Suite style rooms for a while now but the Vista Spa Suite looks like a step up from the Captain's Suite.   We don't normally spend this much on a cruise for the room, but we have been to all these ports multiple times so this time around the ship is going to be the destination for us.  Luckily we have a Sunrise cruse this June and Breeze back to back booked in early 2020 to help with the wait time for Mardi Gras.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stobe1 said:

Just booked the Dec 12, 2020 in the Vista Spa Suite on Deck 17! Been wanting to try the Captain's Suite style rooms for a while now but the Vista Spa Suite looks like a step up from the Captain's Suite.   We don't normally spend this much on a cruise for the room, but we have been to all these ports multiple times so this time around the ship is going to be the destination for us.  Luckily we have a Sunrise cruse this June and Breeze back to back booked in early 2020 to help with the wait time for Mardi Gras.

You'll be boarding the Mardi Gras when we are getting off.  If you booked the one on the starboard side, we have a spa balcony 2 doors down from the cabin you booked (forward view, extended).  I would love to have splurged more, but maybe one of these days! 

We have the Magic booked in the meantime 😉

It went great. We are booked on the Inaugural and Transatlantic. I transferred both over...got the free gratuities on the Inaugural and 200.00 extra onboard credit on the Transatlantic. He couldn't have been nicer. He says they are slammed today.  Thank you to the original poster mentioning Crucon. We saved over 400.00 with this transfer and it is much appreciated! 

Went great for me too. They gave us the free gratuities, transferred my $200 OBC from Carnival and topped it off with another $50 loyalty OBC. Combining this with the excellent price we got from Carnival for the Havana Cabana, we are more than satisfied with both CruCon and Carnival.

Thanks to whoever posted this promotion from CruCon. I had their promotional email in my inbox but never looked at it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, mdin said:

I was on the phone yesterday with my PVP discussing this too. Unfortunately she wasn't sure if it is bigger or the same. My guess it's probably the same square footage.

That would be my guess too, the other thing I'm seeing is those cabins are connected to some type of storage area.

Whom ever books those rooms can be prepared for a few bangs and bumps , perhaps an automatic alarm clock included . 

On 1/29/2019 at 7:33 PM, Jamman54 said:

So, my PVP called me at 7pm telling me that I was his first call and that I could book my cruise now. We'll be on the first cruise from Port Canaveral on October 16th 2020. It's an 8 day cruise going to San Juan, St. Thomas, Amber Cove, and Grand Turk. The following cruises will be 7 days. He told me that there will be some Med cruises and a TA. We booked an 8J Deluxe Balcony on Deck 11 (11358). Got $200 OBC and a 50% deposit. (ES) rate. We are so excited!!! :classic_biggrin:

I can’t wait to read your review and see Patty’s pics! We are thinking of a Med cruise, and this ship would be great!

9 hours ago, CruzCrazy said:

I've always been intrigued with forward-facing cabins.  We've been in a 6K before on the Glory (suite suite with floor-to-ceiling windows at an oceanview price) and loved the forward-facing view.  We've also been in 4J's on Breeze and Horizon, and, although I love the close-by forward observation deck, when the ship is underway it's very windy out there. 

I have a spa forward-facing extended-balcony on hold on Mardi Gras.  I'm starting to second-guess myself about it because I'm afraid it will be too windy to enjoy the balcony while the ship is sailing.  The website description says there are patio chairs and table on the balcony, but I remember seeing chairs tied down in stacks on the other ships in that location (albeit more open and not partitioned off like these will be on Mardi Gras).  I realize they were just "extras" being stowed there, but now that I think about it, those light-weight loungers would blow all over the place if they weren't tied down. 

We almost had one of the spa forward-facing extended-balcony cabins booked and while we were looking around at other options, it all of the sudden disappeared lol. In retrospect though, we are a little concerned about the wind....We ended up on the same deck (17) in a spa balcony, which is fine. I'm so excited for this trip - we are on the inaugural Europe itinerary!

Edited by melissadavon

51 minutes ago, Snowbath said:

We got somewhat of an answer from John Heald about the Havana pool:

e13a29adb3074b9905ae4f4a4a004d07.jpg

Regarding the Havana Vista Suite, I was able to get John to reply with a few more details since there isn’t much info available on Carnival’s site about them just yet.

That reply and John’s extra info about the Havana pool make me feel more optimistic 😊

24CA9D9A-229C-4EE7-A738-CEC5DB34C323.jpeg

Edited by Dylobs
  • Like 1