Allure or Rhapsody for a Transatlantic? What would you choose?

I was on the Allure last a few years ago for the TA and found that it just seemed too big and getting on and off the ship was a major effort.  I have done 5 TA and do like the days at Sea but 10 days at sea just seems a bit much.  I am doing the Jewel in a couple of months and will let you know how that goes.

13 hours ago, dreadpirate3 said:

We're looking at booking a transatlantic for 2020 or 2021. The current schedule for next spring has me wondering which ship and itinerary to choose.

Allure - 12 night

image.thumb.png.a30758b27732d28e46dc4a08f760dbeb.png

or Rhapsody 14-night

image.thumb.png.4641a91a6637c694ff0f76a081686f2b.png

I look forward to hearing your feedback and advice.

Easy Allure is 7 weeks earlier....it is going to be COLD!

Rhapsody will have MUCH better weather and most likely the Atlantic will be calmer too....as the winter ( March) tends to have much more waves!

Edited by holiday-shrek
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, holiday-shrek said:

Easy Allure is 7 weeks earlier....it is going to be COLD!

Rhapsody will have MUCH better weather and most likely the Atlantic will be calmer too....as the winter ( March) tends to have much more waves!

That is what I'm leaning toward. I need to also look and see if there are TA itineraries in early summer. I'm starting a doctoral program in 2020 and won't be able to travel during the academic semesters.

14 minutes ago, dreadpirate3 said:

That is what I'm leaning toward. I need to also look and see if there are TA itineraries in early summer. I'm starting a doctoral program in 2020 and won't be able to travel during the academic semesters.

Royal usually runs their transatlantic cruises  in March/April and October/November.  Sometimes they vary a bit.  Royal also has a transatlantic from Northern Europe to the US East Coast in August.

I believe Cunard has a more regular schedule of transatlantic cruises.

8 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

That is correct.  Plus you can legimately bring your non-service dog on-board.  They have kennels on one of the upper decks.

27 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Royal usually runs their transatlantic cruises  in March/April and October/November.  Sometimes they vary a bit.  Royal also has a transatlantic from Northern Europe to the US East Coast in August.

August one is crazy expensive 

41 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

They do. I found two that leave the first week of May, which would work with my new schedule.

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

We have sailed Allure twice....they changed a few things between our 1st and 2nd cruise (one moving the DL), but what would they do to change the gym?  Gee.

Who knows, but they completly relocated the gym on Navigator and in the process the free sauna and steam room were omitted.  Anything can happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paulette3028 said:

We have sailed Allure twice....they changed a few things between our 1st and 2nd cruise (one moving the DL), but what would they do to change the gym?  Gee.

Make it smaller? That is certainly what happened on Adventure.

• Like 1

Rhapsody.

The indoor pool is a big benefit.

Plus it’s just fun to get to know your fellow passengers.  On a 14 night cruise on the rhapsody you will make great friends.  On the allure you are unlikely to see half those people more than once the whole sailing.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, singinalot said:

We just booked the November 2020 TA on the Allure. So excited our first TA and 3rd time on Allure. I like the gym a lot on that ship and that there’s so much more to do 

We will also be on this TA.  Fresh out of dry dock and sailing with 1500 fewer kids.  Plus five  25 hour days.   We have done 3 TA'S on Oasis class and all have been great but westbound is our favorite.  If your a balcony sun worshiper be aware the sun never sees the starboard side. PS: there is a great roll call already going.  . 

8 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Who knows, but they completly relocated the gym on Navigator and in the process the free sauna and steam room were omitted.  Anything can happen.

Sad that the free sauna and steam room are gone.  But the addition of the waterslides on Navigator are a good one, at least for me.