Cruise Critic Community
Cousin Eddie

Mardi Gras Europe 9 Day August 31, 2020

Here is the roll call for the first cruise for Carnival Mardi Gras!

Only 579 days. Let the countdown begin!

dSJfgEB.png

Booked!!  Staying in a cove balcony, so excited!! What's everyone thinking about flights?  Direct to Copenhagen or to Amsterdam and take a train over?  I know this is early to be thinking about but it's $$$ so I need to plan 🙂

Edited by tjwillis
additional question

Booked too, great price for a Havana Cabana!

Edited by Snowbath

5 hours ago, tjwillis said:

Booked!!  Staying in a cove balcony, so excited!! What's everyone thinking about flights?  Direct to Copenhagen or to Amsterdam and take a train over?  I know this is early to be thinking about but it's $$$ so I need to plan 🙂

Probably direct to Copenhagen for us, but it depends on award availability.  Since the ship leaves on Monday we will need to get lucky to find a late Friday flight so we can have the weekend in Copenhagen. Since we are arriving in Southampton on a Wednesday we are looking forward to extending our trip for a few days before we have to come back to reality on the following Monday. Maybe up to Scotland or over to Ireland for a few days before heading home. Of course if the schedules line up right we might stick around England and try to catch a football match at Old Trafford (Manchester).

2 hours ago, Snowbath said:

Booked too, great price for a Havana Cabana!

We booked in the Havana as well. We are a bit nervous about the layout after having been on the Vista and Horizon and have been spoiled by the Havana on those ships. Hopefully as more information comes out I'll see some things that eases the worry of that large pool area and two hot tubs being reduced to a single pool/hot tub. Either way we are super excited about the new ship and itinerary.

7 minutes ago, Cousin Eddie said:

We booked in the Havana as well. We are a bit nervous about the layout after having been on the Vista and Horizon and have been spoiled by the Havana on those ships. Hopefully as more information comes out I'll see some things that eases the worry of that large pool area and two hot tubs being reduced to a single pool/hot tub. Either way we are super excited about the new ship and itinerary.

I wasn’t going to book a Havana after looking at prices last night but when I got home from work today, I checked again and the difference between a regular inside cabin and the Havana Cabana was only about $300. There was only 5-6 available and they were gone within 5 minutes. 

Booked for the first sailing Copenhagen and the T/A to New York   Also was on the Horizon with you Cousin Eddie I had the Havana Cabana for both sailings on the Horizon but booked the Junior Balcony on the Mardi Gras ( have no idea what that is )

but looking forward to the cruise.

I just booked for my wife and me! Sooo exciting. We did the Vista in Europe and wanted to do this itinerary sooo badly! It's perfect to celebrate her 40th late and our wedding anniversary!  

14 hours ago, Cousin Eddie said:

There weren't any Havana Cabanas available - we too have been spoiled on the Vista and Horizon. We are in a balcony with the big windows on 17.

We are doing Inaugural and Transatlantic back to back (first time for a B2B) in a spa oceanview. Love the Thalassotherapy pool.  We did the Inaugural Horizon and it was really great. So excited about this...only a bit over 500 days! 

7 hours ago, telebax51 said:

Booked for the first sailing Copenhagen and the T/A to New York   Also was on the Horizon with you Cousin Eddie I had the Havana Cabana for both sailings on the Horizon but booked the Junior Balcony on the Mardi Gras ( have no idea what that is )

but looking forward to the cruise.

Hey Awesome! Hope you were able to get that limoncello back to the States without breaking!

7 hours ago, JennN said:

There weren't any Havana Cabanas available - we too have been spoiled on the Vista and Horizon. We are in a balcony with the big windows on 17.

Those look cool. There are a lot of really neat looking cabin choices that are different from the norm on this ship. Will be interesting to see how it all comes together.

37 minutes ago, Cousin Eddie said:

Hey Awesome! Hope you were able to get that limoncello back to the States without breaking!

we got back to the states everything I bought without breaking and paid zero 0 thru customs we were lucky. Will see you onboard.

We are booked for Europe and Transatlantic. Looking forward to visiting new European ports! 

HI there!  Booked yesterday in ocean suite deck 9.  Going with friends from Horizon and Vista inaugural!  We are debating transatlantic too.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:22 PM, Cousin Eddie said:

Same here.  I'm on the 15-day repositioning but just checking other roll calls to see if others have more info about it LOL 

We're booked! This will be our third Inaugural cruise (Vista and Horizon). My wife Joyce and I are excited to cruising the northern European area. One of the ports, Gotenburg is where my father was born. I've been wanting to visit Sweden and being able to visit his birthplace and cruise there is icing on the cake.

We were booked on an NCL cruise to do the Baltic area for May 2020, but when this one came out, we cancelled it, replaced it with a 14 day NCL cruise out of Southampton to cruise Norway, Iceland and Ireland this Sep. We saw a documentary on our cabin TV last cruise that featured Iceland and Norway and we had to add it to our bucket list.

Lots of cruisers that were on the Vista and Horizon will be joining us. Look forward to meeting y'all and planning this cruise.

We're also doing the TA. 

Let the planning begin!

7 hours ago, Rosesgt said:

We're booked! This will be our third Inaugural cruise (Vista and Horizon). My wife Joyce and I are excited to cruising the northern European area. One of the ports, Gotenburg is where my father was born. I've been wanting to visit Sweden and being able to visit his birthplace and cruise there is icing on the cake.

We were booked on an NCL cruise to do the Baltic area for May 2020, but when this one came out, we cancelled it, replaced it with a 14 day NCL cruise out of Southampton to cruise Norway, Iceland and Ireland this Sep. We saw a documentary on our cabin TV last cruise that featured Iceland and Norway and we had to add it to our bucket list.

Lots of cruisers that were on the Vista and Horizon will be joining us. Look forward to meeting y'all and planning this cruise.

We're also doing the TA. 

Let the planning begin!

Hey there stranger lol!

• Just booked a Spa Cove Balcony for the Inaugural and Transatlantic. Looking forward to the new ship. Can't wait to see old friends again.