Cruise Critic Community
Cousin Eddie

Mardi Gras Europe 9 Day August 31, 2020

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:27 AM, CruisingOcean said:

Hi I am Virginia traveling from Tampa, FL.  I am also booked on this cruise and looking forward to visiting Europe.  All these ports are new to me so I am very excited!  

I will be traveling solo so want to see if maybe there are other female solo travelers who might want to split expenses on a pre-cruise hotel in Copenhagen.  I was also thinking of staying a few days post cruise in London.

At the very least maybe we can have dinner together on the ship.  Can't wait to see the Mardi Gras!

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 6:45 PM, mochafonzie said:

Hi Virginia, I’m Leah from Australia also traveling solo.

i can’t help with the hotel in Copenhagen as it was booked by my travel agent at the start of the year, I’m doing the transatlantic straight after the first cruise so won’t be staying in London either, but would love to meet you and catch up for some dinners on the ship or do day tours together. 😀

Hi Virginia and Leah, why not cruising solo, it will be my 26 year old daughter and myself on this cruise  we are from Ohio and have never done a European cruise. but two women travelling together. So we are up to meeting new people. So I'm doing lots of reading.  Hope to meet you on the ship.

Thinking of canceling after watching the devastation from Hurricane Dorian.  We would be crossing the Atlantic during hurricane season and the thought of being tossed around doesn’t appeal to me. Any thoughts?

9 hours ago, comptix said:

Thinking of canceling after watching the devastation from Hurricane Dorian.  We would be crossing the Atlantic during hurricane season and the thought of being tossed around doesn’t appeal to me. Any thoughts?

I cruise during hurricane season all the time, but I am not prone to seasickness.  I've done several transatlantics and none have been super rough. 

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 6:27 AM, CruisingOcean said:

Hi I am Virginia traveling from Tampa, FL.  I am also booked on this cruise and looking forward to visiting Europe.  All these ports are new to me so I am very excited!  

I will be traveling solo so want to see if maybe there are other female solo travelers who might want to split expenses on a pre-cruise hotel in Copenhagen.  I was also thinking of staying a few days post cruise in London.

At the very least maybe we can have dinner together on the ship.  Can't wait to see the Mardi Gras!

Hi, Virginia.  I am cruising with a friend so cannot help with the hotel, but we are single ladies and there are at least 4 single lady friends in their own cabins on the cruise, too.  Maybe we can join up for a drink or dinner.  If I hear of someone who needs a roomie in Copenhagen, I'll let you know.

Nadine

10 hours ago, comptix said:

this is a forum for the 9 nights cruise from Copenhagen to Southampton, I doubt we will get any rough seas due to hurricanes 

I know. I am b2b with the transatlantic which is why I am thinking of cancelling. 

17 hours ago, comptix said:

I know. I am b2b with the transatlantic which is why I am thinking of cancelling. 

Being from Florida, you do realize that Hurricane season is six months long...right? 

Yes, of course. But this cruise is right in the worst of it. The month of September is notoriously risky. Just thinking, that’s all.  Still grateful that we missed getting hit by Dorian. 

We booked an Airbnb with 3 rooms and 260 square feet and 5 stars reviews  for three nights just outside of downtown, just over 100.00 US per night  with all fees, have to late August to cancel. Been looking at hotels for a while and found them on the high side. Been tracking airfare but will have to wait till we know where we will be before we can book.

On 9/6/2019 at 9:04 AM, comptix said:

Yes, of course. But this cruise is right in the worst of it. The month of September is notoriously risky. Just thinking, that’s all.  Still grateful that we missed getting hit by Dorian. 

I believe there is a forum for the transatlantic, you may be better posting your comments on there as you may confuse others when you say this cruise is right in the worst of it when most of us are just booked on the 9 day European cruise ....hurricane season will in no way impact this cruise as far as I am aware ...hard choice for yourself when it involves 2 cruises B2B 

Edited by abbey1609
spelling

We are on both the Inaugural and Transatlantic. There is a group already...

carnival mardi gras transatlantic september 9-23-2020, not quite as active as this group, but up to 8 pages, so not bad for a year out. Come join us, comptix.

On 9/4/2019 at 10:24 AM, mandmcruise said:

Hi Virginia and Leah, why not cruising solo, it will be my 26 year old daughter and myself on this cruise  we are from Ohio and have never done a European cruise. but two women travelling together. So we are up to meeting new people. So I'm doing lots of reading.  Hope to meet you on the ship.

Hello,  

I'm Janine from CT and will also be traveling solo on this cruise.  I'm really looking forward to the Scandinavian ports: my late mom and now my youngest sister have tracked down several branches of our Swedish and Norwegian family trees, so I'll be quizzing her before I leave for sure!   Otherwise, I'm mostly looking forward to truly disconnecting from work for 10 days!    I'm all set for Copenhagen hotel plans, but would be happy to meet up on the ship! 

Hi Janine, would love to meet up with you, I’m doing both cruises and will enjoy 31 days off in total, always cruise alone as I have no one to do it with me.

so looking forward to it all. 😀

Hello! Julie & Quinton from Boston. We were on the Vista when she was in Europe three years ago. Very excited about the Mardi Gras! We have friends from FL (that we met on the Vista) that will be traveling with us. Was happy to see the shore excursions start to pop up. We are in a Havana cabin, never tried one before. Excited to meet everyone!

26 minutes ago, javajunkie91 said:

Hello! Julie & Quinton from Boston. We were on the Vista when she was in Europe three years ago. Very excited about the Mardi Gras! We have friends from FL (that we met on the Vista) that will be traveling with us. Was happy to see the shore excursions start to pop up. We are in a Havana cabin, never tried one before. Excited to meet everyone!

We were on the Horizon and had a Havana Cabana cabin for our BTB TA 23 days now i'm spoiled so be forwarned.

43 minutes ago, jmdenver said:

We have booked the Havana cabin for the Inaugural and the B2B so hope we love it. 

Like i said previous you will love the cabin and the area, it will be hard to go back to a regular balcony.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 5:14 PM, consmarci said:

Cruising Ocean, we are from Tampa Bay! Have you decided on flights yet?

We are from Tampa too and we are two couples. If Tampa people keep popping up we might just Charter a flight.

Ha Ha Just Kidding.