Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Cousin Eddie

Mardi Gras Europe 9 Day August 31, 2020

Recommended Posts

We just booked...so many categories are all ready sold out!

What a great itinerary!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 6:49 PM, abbey1609 said:

We are 6 very excited Aussies....we cruised the inaugural on the Vista and the TA on the horizon and I am so excited to be doing the Baltics and by ending in Southampton, we get to do a road trip of the UK so doubly exciting 

 

I am very happy for those doing the B2B and I hope there is a separate board for that cruise, when people starting mixing up the cruises and discussing ports which are not on our cruise,  it can get very confusing 

 

What a lot of ports to investigate, on all my 3 Med cruises, I have organised 19 private tours and for any newbies, private tours are generally better value and you see a lot more than a big tourist bus...heres to an exciting cruise

 

Doing the happy dance.  LOL 

Daughter and i would be interested if you have room.  We have a ways to go yet but doesn't hurt to plan ahead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My husband and I would also be interested in joining in on private tours, especially in Le Havre/Paris.  Our time there is so short compared with all that there is to see.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My husband and I are excited to be doing this maiden voyage. We did the last European cruise on the Vista before it headed to the States and largely did private tours. We're definitely interested in joining with others on private tours as the time gets closer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 6:49 PM, abbey1609 said:

We are 6 very excited Aussies....we cruised the inaugural on the Vista and the TA on the horizon and I am so excited to be doing the Baltics and by ending in Southampton, we get to do a road trip of the UK so doubly exciting 

 

I am very happy for those doing the B2B and I hope there is a separate board for that cruise, when people starting mixing up the cruises and discussing ports which are not on our cruise,  it can get very confusing 

 

What a lot of ports to investigate, on all my 3 Med cruises, I have organised 19 private tours and for any newbies, private tours are generally better value and you see a lot more than a big tourist bus...heres to an exciting cruise

 

Doing the happy dance.  LOL 

Hi crazy Ausies I believe we did a tour with you on the Horizon Jo & Bob from Pennsylvania let me know if you make any plans thanks Jo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, iamsteph said:

My husband and I would also be interested in joining in on private tours, especially in Le Havre/Paris.  Our time there is so short compared with all that there is to see.  

If you go into Paris it is really far from the ship we did a ship tour that included a river cruise in Paris it was a great tour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My husband and I just booked this cruise !! We are very excited we have a regular balcony on deck 9. Mardi Gras looks like a really neat ship can't wait. 

We are open to any and all ideas. We did the third sailing on the horizon in a Havana Cabana it was nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are Cheryl and Hersh from Toronto. This will be our second inaugural, the first being the Magic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:24 PM, Annmarie58 said:

My husband and I just booked this cruise !! We are very excited we have a regular balcony on deck 9. Mardi Gras looks like a really neat ship can't wait. 

We are open to any and all ideas. We did the third sailing on the horizon in a Havana Cabana it was nice!

My daughter and I did a Havana Cabana last March on the Vista, we really liked it.  However the Havana area on the Mardi Gras does not appear to be as nice, we opted for an aft balcony on 10.  Can't wait for this cruise, and to see what this ship has to offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just booked on Saturday. Can’t believe how fast the cabins are going. Have friends that booked an aft extended balcony and invited us to join them on this cruise. Looks to be a great itinerary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Just booked this cruise. My husband Tom and I are from Pennsylvania. My first cruise was on the old Mardi Gras and it was one of the last cruises to sail. I am so excited.

Deb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are Patti and Amit from Toronto and just booked and paid the deposit today.

 

We are joined by another couple from Philadelphia who we met on a Cruise Critic private tour back in 2012...this will be our 6th cruise with them..

 

We look forward to joining others on private tours on this wonderful itinerary.....all ports are new to us.

 

regards,

Amit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 7:15 AM, sailfirst said:

Hi crazy Ausies I believe we did a tour with you on the Horizon Jo & Bob from Pennsylvania let me know if you make any plans thanks Jo

Hi jo...nice to hear from you again, this will be the trifecta for us, the Vista, the Horizon and the Mardi Gras ....will definitely be checking out some tours in the coming months and look forward to reading everybody's plans on what are must do's.  cheers Mate 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did the Vista in the Med on the last cruise before the TA.  These ports are all new except we have been to London and will be in Paris this coming May.  We joined in on several private tours on the Vista cruise and it worked out great.  Would love to do that again this time.  Will probably do a Normandy tour in France instead of trying to go into Paris.  Just starting to look into the other ports.  We just have a plain old inside room but at least we are on board.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always book private tours!  They are the way to go!  I have had great experiences Vista & Horizon Inaugurals Med with great tour companies and everyone in my group who joined were fabulous!  I like to keep it to 8 people minimum but have done two vans in past for a few tours lol.  The only one I have concern with is I want to go into Paris so that might be the  one I might consider using ship.  I will have to do some research as it gets closer.   We have never been to Paris so that is on my list.

 

Melody

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This entire itinerary is new to us, in fact Europe is new to us. Have never been, looking forward to this cruise, we also want to go to Paris and was thinking a ship's excursion maybe the way to go.  I haven't researched anything yet, but I am sure this will be a great cruise.  Have never done an inaugural either.  We did sail on the vista last March and had a Havana.  This time aft balcony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2019 at 1:03 AM, caribnsnrklr said:

I always book private tours!  They are the way to go!  I have had great experiences Vista & Horizon Inaugurals Med with great tour companies and everyone in my group who joined were fabulous!  I like to keep it to 8 people minimum but have done two vans in past for a few tours lol.  The only one I have concern with is I want to go into Paris so that might be the  one I might consider using ship.  I will have to do some research as it gets closer.   We have never been to Paris so that is on my list.

 

Melody

After organising more than 19 private tours on the legend, the vista and horizon in Europe which were all fabulous, I was very concerned doing the same when we did a B2B asian cruise from Singapore to Hong Kong, I was worried with traffic and much larger populations and I can say, they were every bit as good as Europe so now I will have no hesitation anywhere in the world booking private companies as long as the research does not flag any major issues...it looks like quite a few people here willing to organise and plan for this many ports, after my New Zealand cruise and another South Pacific one, I will start getting into it ...its very exciting 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, abbey1609 said:

After organising more than 19 private tours on the legend, the vista and horizon in Europe which were all fabulous, I was very concerned doing the same when we did a B2B asian cruise from Singapore to Hong Kong, I was worried with traffic and much larger populations and I can say, they were every bit as good as Europe so now I will have no hesitation anywhere in the world booking private companies as long as the research does not flag any major issues...it looks like quite a few people here willing to organise and plan for this many ports, after my New Zealand cruise and another South Pacific one, I will start getting into it ...its very exciting 

 

Jealous!  I was supposed to do a Repo in October to Singapore but had to cancel since my hubby didn't want to meet me in Singapore to head to Thailand.  He won't do cruises with lots of sea days and he didn't feel like all that flying alone.  Thats why he's doing this Inaugural with me then a friend and I are staying on for transatlantic  and sending our hubbies home.  We are doing land trip Italy, Spain and Germany the end of next month for two weeks for my 50th and Mediterranean cruise on Celebrity Edge in September so those are the trips I am focusing on now.  I love the planning but I do lots and lots of research so I want undivided attention when I start focusing on this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 6:56 PM, Terrydactyl23 said:

Terry and Kory, booked for our Honeymoon trip.  So excited!  Ocean Suite Deck 9. 

Early congratulations, and looking forward to meeting you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure everyone has gotten the revised itinerary e-mail. Love the change for Paris. Might be able to see a bit more. That is a big welcome change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Mike and Jet said:

I'm sure everyone has gotten the revised itinerary e-mail. Love the change for Paris. Might be able to see a bit more. That is a big welcome change.

I did not get the e-mail (I am guessing it went to my TA, and she is on vacation right now).

 

My initial documents for Le Havre showed us arriving at 7a and departing at 8p. The new arrival is 9a and departure is 9p. With this new change, we actually lose an hour at that port. Zeebrugge and Rotterdam have swapped and slightly shifted times, but the amount of time in each port remains the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, My husband and I booked this cruise last week and getting so excited, we can't wait to meet up with friends from our last two inaugural on the Vista and Horizon!  The only really disappointment is it is not going to Stockholm.  If you have the time and are looking for a per cruise stop you should be looking into Stockholm, there are alot of thinks to see and do, the food is great, and it is just a couple hour train ride to Copenhagen.

Denise and Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...