Cruise Critic Community
Cousin Eddie

Mardi Gras Europe 9 Day August 31, 2020

Good Morning everyone.  We booked this awhile ago and just getting to checking out the roll calls for here.    Also just signed up for the meet and mingle on cruise critic for this cruise.  Looking forward to going back to Europe! 

HI everyone!. We finally found the correct forum for this cruise. We booked in Feb. and are planning on doing private excursions with the group. This will be our 2nd inaugural  cruise. We did the Carnival Vista Mediterranean. It was great cruise. Looking forward to meeting new cruiser and planning. We are going to join the meet n mingle. Bye for now.

We are booked on this inaugural cruise, then also on the back to back Transatlantic.  We have booked a Havana Cabana.  So excited.  Can't wait!!!

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 3:42 PM, Snowbath said:

Booked too, great price for a Havana Cabana!

We also have booked a Havana Cabana!!!  We booked the back to back cruise after it for Transatlantic to New York.

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 8:23 AM, telebax51 said:

Booked for the first sailing Copenhagen and the T/A to New York   Also was on the Horizon with you Cousin Eddie I had the Havana Cabana for both sailings on the Horizon but booked the Junior Balcony on the Mardi Gras ( have no idea what that is )

but looking forward to the cruise.

We are also booked for the first sailing and the T/A to New York.  Have booked the Havana Cabana.  Not as many on this ship, which surprises me.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:47 PM, sailfirst said:

Added Bob and myself to meet and mingle Jo

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:00 AM, Love-to-ride said:

We would like to do the beaches as well.  Probably will try to do a private tour.  Don't really like the ships tours as a rule.  We are going to Paris for a land vacation the beginning of May.  after that one I think we will start thinking about excursions for this cruise.  How about the other ports ?  Anybody have any must do's or suggestions ?

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:00 AM, Love-to-ride said:

We would like to do the beaches as well.  Probably will try to do a private tour.  Don't really like the ships tours as a rule.  We are going to Paris for a land vacation the beginning of May.  after that one I think we will start thinking about excursions for this cruise.  How about the other ports ?  Anybody have any must do's or suggestions ?

We have signed up for the Meet and Mingle.  So excited to board an inaugural cruise for the first time.

Has anything occurred to the 9-night Mardi Gras August 31st, 2020 maiden voyage sailing? It's no longer listed/exists on Carnivals website. It's also removed from a few cruise schedule websites. Cruise Time Tables had the August 31st listed, but is now removed & has September 9th 2020 and onward listed. Even if sold out the cruise should still be listed on cruise schedule websites. Any news? 

😦

On 3/31/2019 at 8:22 AM, ObstructedView2 said:

Has anything occurred to the 9-night Mardi Gras August 31st, 2020 maiden voyage sailing? It's no longer listed/exists on Carnivals website. It's also removed from a few cruise schedule websites. Cruise Time Tables had the August 31st listed, but is now removed & has September 9th 2020 and onward listed. Even if sold out the cruise should still be listed on cruise schedule websites. Any news? 

😦

It is completely sold out! It may appear briefly from time to time if people cancel their trip, but don't expect to find it most of the time!

Carnival has announced they are adding Family Feud, and some better prizes, for the Mardi Gras!

On 4/10/2019 at 4:12 AM, Funzies said:

Hi Everyone!

Hi we are a group of 7 from Australia who have booked this cruise on the first day...lucky I have an American agent otherwise Aussie agents are not up on all the new ships and sailings and we could have missed out....as it was one couple had to get a deck below interior whilst the rest of us have balconies 

We are onboard with you as well.  Booked a Havana Cabin.  We are also on the Legend TA in the spring if anyone is on that sailing.  We will be coming from Puerto Vallarta but are originally from California. Cheers, Joe and Nancy

On 4/12/2019 at 2:05 AM, realent said:

We are onboard with you as well.  Booked a Havana Cabin.  We are also on the Legend TA in the spring if anyone is on that sailing.  We will be coming from Puerto Vallarta but are originally from California. Cheers, Joe and Nancy

We are Cheryl and Hersh from Toronto and are also booked on the legend TA.

Hello everyone! I’m so excited to join you! My husband, Chris and I booked this cruise YESTERDAY on a whim. We had a 7 hour car ride and this week booked the Panorama NYE cruise. That got me looking at the carnival site and we lucked into seeing this cruise. In the morning the only cabins available were interior and OV GTY cabins. In the afternoon, it showed GTY balconies. I took that as a sign that we must book it ASAP! I had no idea the ship was sold out! Ha! I guess that these GTY cabins are cancellations or travel agent returns. I’m crossing my fingers for a fabulous balcony. We don’t normally do GTY as I’m too much of a planner for that. 

I have done no research on the ports, but they were so intriguing to us that we booked spontaneously! 

I would love to explore private tours as the Carnival ones are often very crowded or rushed. 

Sorry for the novel. I’m so excited and feel lucky to have snagged a balcony cabin! They aren’t showing again today!

31DF0315-5EA6-439A-81F8-5D4C53288016.png

On 4/14/2019 at 9:08 AM, lawteach said:

We are Cheryl and Hersh from Toronto and are also booked on the legend TA.

I believe we have sailed together previously!

Do any of you know how many formal nights there are and when they will be? I’m already thinking of dresses. Ha! We have another cruise over new year so I will use them at least twice. 

19 hours ago, crucero said:

Do any of you know how many formal nights there are and when they will be? I’m already thinking of dresses. Ha! We have another cruise over new year so I will use them at least twice. 

There will be two formal nights and they're almost always on sea days.

4 hours ago, rhammond said:

There will be two formal nights and they're almost always on sea days.

Thank you!

Posted (edited)

Butch and I booked this cruise in February. I work for H&R Block so I’m just now getting around to checking roll calls. Can’t wait to meet everyone. We’re doing the Transatlantic after this cruise as well as the NewEngland/Canada and then the Journeys cruise after that. We’ve done several B2B, but this will be our first B2B2B2B. 45 days.  We signed up for meet n mingle

Edited by grannyjo1952

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 7:14 PM, grannyjo1952 said:

Butch and I booked this cruise in February. I work for H&R Block so I’m just now getting around to checking roll calls. Can’t wait to meet everyone. We’re doing the Transatlantic after this cruise as well as the NewEngland/Canada and then the Journeys cruise after that. We’ve done several B2B, but this will be our first B2B2B2B. 45 days.  We signed up for meet n mingle

Welcome to both of you.  I worked for Block for a few years, but when I obtained the job I have now my current boss asked me not to as a conflict of interest.  I work in a payroll processing firm, and there could have been the situations where I would be given one of our payroll clients.  I did enjoy it while I did it, and it is also what made me decide to go back to school at age 54 and get my accounting degree.  I am still in   contact with several of my co-workers from there.  Good for you to be able to cruise 45 days in a row( you must have gotten a great commission check, LOL, just kidding).  Look forward to meeting you.  Don't forget to sign up for the meet and mingle

I did sign up for the meet and mingle, and hoping to meet cruising friends.  Good for you to be able to do 45 days.  We are doing the B2B so only 23 days.  

Excited to be on an inaugural sailing. This has been a bucket list item for wife and I and are looking forward to it very much. 

Hi everyone. My husband and I booked this cruise and the TA last year, the day they were released. We booked a Cove balcony as usual.

If anyone organizes shore excursions please let us know at clairesouligny@gmail.com. Looking forward to another wonderful cruise.

Posted (edited)

We are Brenda & Ray (Silversneakers) (Central Florida) joining this cruise in CPH.  Looking forward to all of the wonderful ports and hoping to visit Normandy.

Edited by silversneakers