Cruise Critic Community
shortnicole45

November 7, 2020 Mardi Gras Roll Call

Hello All,

This is the roll cal for the November 7th, 2020 sailing. Please feel free to discuss any questions, concerns, or ideas here. Our itinerary is as follows:

11/7- Port Canaveral

11/8- Day at Sea

11/9- Day at Sea

11/10- San Juan, Puerto Rico

11/11- Amber Cove, Dominican Republic

11/12- Grand Turk

11/13- Day at Sea

11/14- Port Canaveral 

Thoughts are welcome on all of the following and more:

Disney/Universal Prior to embarkation day

Cheers! Package

Bubbles Package

Formal Nights

Port Excursions

Spa Treatments

Bolt- Roller Coaster at Sea

All Food Outlets

Havana Area

Gratuity

and so much more...

2105-dfd33f88cc5.jpg

Just booked yesterday for my daughter and myself!  Long time away though but looking forward to the new ship!!

Welcome to the group. We have a LONG time to get to know each other. Lol

Took a chance and booked into the Havana area on this cruise for my husband and I.

I cant wait!

We booked last week!  So excited to see this beautiful ship.  Hubs and I are leaving the kiddos with my mom for this one!  

I just booked 4 cabins for me and my family!   So excited!  I wish they had cabins with bath tubs in them. 

We have 5 cabins + booked for this Nov 7/20 cruise! This will be #18 for us so we're quite excited to see this new beauty.

We just booked this cruise and will be joining friends on this Adventure.

We are booked too! Does anyone know if this is "Jersey" week in 2020?  (ie: week in November where a lot of public schools in NJ and other states have a lot of days off?)  

We just booked as well.  Deck 14 balcony.  Looking forward to seeing a new ship.  Its a looooong ways off but we have 2 cruises between now and then so it should go by quick.  Look forward to getting to know everyone! 

Is anyone following John Heald's Blog, or his face book items on the Mardi Gras in Finland?

It looks to be quite a ship.

Posted (edited)

I'm excited for it and just found out our CD will be Matt Mitchum

Edited by KLCruiser1
thought I was on another board

5 hours ago, KLCruiser1 said:

I'm excited for it and just found out our CD will be Matt Mitchum

You will be pleased to know that our friends Jay & Bonnie from Buffalo will be doing a BtoB on the Mardi Gras; we're on the second week of their cruise.

On 6/21/2019 at 11:59 AM, KLCruiser1 said:

Oh neighbors!  What area are they from?  I live in Amherst.

They live in Kenmore, we're cruising with them this Nov. on the Magic, and in Apr. on the new Panorama, as well as the Mardi Gras.  Jay is a diver on cruises.

Hello everyone.....We've cruised with Matt Mitchum and enjoyed it. 

Anyone have plans for ports yet?  We've been to PR and GT a lot.  Never been to Amber Cove.  Doesn't sound like there is a lot to do there....Anyone have any ideas?

On 6/9/2019 at 7:29 PM, VaTech8912 said:

We are booked too! Does anyone know if this is "Jersey" week in 2020?  (ie: week in November where a lot of public schools in NJ and other states have a lot of days off?)  

The kids in Ohio are not out of school this week.   I hope it’s not for other states.   We usually book our cruises the first or second week of November to avoid the ship being over flowing with kids.  Kids haven’t been an issue in any of our past cruises during this time period.  

Booked just yesterday. 

We've been to these ports multiple times, since Eastern or Southern itineraries are our favorites.  But this cruise is all about the ship for us.  Sounds exciting.  Been watching the You Tube videos on the ship. Can't wait to see it in person.

We booked a balcony on Deck  14.

I just started watching vidoes of this new ship and have come to realize it does not have any water slides or water park for the kids!  Or have i overlooked it?

28 minutes ago, lisamw4174 said:

I just started watching vidoes of this new ship and have come to realize it does not have any water slides or water park for the kids!  Or have i overlooked it?

If you go to deck plans, on deck 19 is an area called the ultimate playground with something called a sea coaster; that might be what you are looking for.  They don't provide much detail, but it's probably not built as yet.

Hi everyone, just booked this cruise. We're definitely excited for this ship coming out. We're Sam and April from SC. This will be my 12th cruise. 

Welcome aboard, we'll be cruising with some medical people as well out of TX & NY.

We love a new ship.

My wife and I are booked on this. This is our second cruise ever. First cruise was last year on Vista. We are on a deck 14 extended balcony room. Cant wait ! We also had Matt Mitchum on our vista cruise and he is great and so much fun!

Edited by zorky12