Long Beach Terminal

coinkc

I have been searching but can't seem to find much info about the Long Beach terminal.  Can anybody recommend a shuttle service to get from LAX to the cruise terminal?  Or know approximately how much a cab would cost? 

Also, is there any place within walking distance of the cruise terminal to purchase wine and pop?  

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Hi,

There is nothing in walking distance of the cruise terminal in Long Beach.

Are you flying in the same day as your cruise???

Most of us would suggest flying in one day early just in case!!

We drive up from San Diego and even we come the day before the cruise.

Using the app on your phone to call an Uber or Lyft car is very popular here in California.

You can do that from LAX or you can use any shuttle service you prefer.

There are several suggestions listed on the LAX web site.

Alternatively you can go to the West Coast departure board on this site to see the info already written there.

If you go to the home page for forums on this site and scroll down the page you will find home port forums.

Thanks for your help!  I searched on the West Coast departure board but didn't get any results.  I'll keep changing up my search terms and see if I can get any info!  

We are flying in the morning of.  I know that's not recommended (and we usually do!) but it's all we can do at this point due to school and work schedules.  We arrive at 10:00 in the morning and the ship doesn't leave until 6:00 so I'm optimistic we won't run into any issues.  

Thanks again for taking the time to respond!  This is our first time cruising out of California so it's all new to us!

we fly in day-of from NorCal and it's never been an issue (Southwest Airlines, direct flights only).

you can take an Uber or Lyft from LAX to the terminal in LB.

i'd recommend you take your Uber or Lyft to a Trader Joe's. there you can score some wine and pop, although TJs doesn't really sell name branded pop (we don't drink soda or pop so I don't recall which brands TJs sells). just search google maps for a location that works for you near LB or in LA.

as for wine, TJs has a great selection at value prices. it's hard to go wrong with a wine purchase there.

Check www.limos.com for price shopping.  I have used them many times.  We were just at the cruise terminal and sadly there is nothing around there.  But a drive from LAX to there will yield a wealth of places to buy whatever you need.  We have used limos off the www site and had them make a quick stop for wine with no problem.  You will probably find them cheaper than a taxi or UBER.  We just did UBER from Long Beach airport to the cruise port (much closer) and it was $28.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/4/2019 at 3:54 PM, CoW mAn said:

Here's a rundown of the costs to get from LAX to the pier. Ultimately it may depend on how many people are in your group but generally for 1 or 2 people SuperShuttle is cheapest

Thanks! That was interesting. I was pretty sure Uber or Lyft would be cheaper than a shuttle. Have to check into the shuttle prices now. 

• Like 1