Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
azmay1

Carnival Mardi Gras Transatlantic September 9-23, 2020

Recommended Posts

Just booked this cruise. Who will be joining this group.

Carol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be on the T/A Mardi Gras were you on the Horizon last sailing and the T/A ? can't wait to start planning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, telebax51 said:

I will be on the T/A Mardi Gras were you on the Horizon last sailing and the T/A ? can't wait to start planning.

yes. I was.

Carol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, azmay1 said:

yes. I was.

Carol

 

maybe others from Horizon will be on this cruise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Carol,

Neil here Shirley and I will also be on the T/A.

It will be good to see you again I hope you are planning another cocktail party, if so count us in.

Neil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We booked this as well as the Inaugural. We were also on the Horizon Inaugural. Very excited!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim & I are booked on this one and the inaugural. We were on the Horizon Transatlantic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, graybeard said:

Hi Carol,

Neil here Shirley and I will also be on the T/A.

It will be good to see you again I hope you are planning another cocktail party, if so count us in.

Neil

Welcome. It will be great to see you and Shirley again. If there is enough interest I will plan a cocktail party. Thanks for the information.

Carol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, telebax51 said:

 

maybe others from Horizon will be on this cruise

I think it will happen.There is a core group of people that have done the TA's for the new ship. I think they will come onboard. I am glad I booked yesterday. We received $200 from Carnival and my travel agency matched the $200.

Carol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, consmarci said:

We booked this as well as the Inaugural. We were also on the Horizon Inaugural. Very excited!

Welcome to Roll Call. We are only doing the Transatlantic.

Carol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kmrnprnfl said:

Jim & I are booked on this one and the inaugural. We were on the Horizon Transatlantic.

We were on the Horizon Transatlantic as well. Welcome to Roll Call.

Carol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, azmay1 said:

Welcome. It will be great to see you and Shirley again. If there is enough interest I will plan a cocktail party. Thanks for the information.

Carol

 

Hi Carol we also attended the cocktail party so if you decide to do it again Elaine and Ted will be attending

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My husband and I just booked. Both excited and nervous! First transatlantic. Temperature wise, what should we be prepared for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, scott_gallant said:

My husband and I just booked. Both excited and nervous! First transatlantic. Temperature wise, what should we be prepared for?

I have found that temps on the crossing are mild. At least the mid 60's to 70's.

Carol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, azmay1 said:

I have found that temps on the crossing are mild. At least the mid 60's to 70's.

Carol

I have seen the sea as smooth as glass.

Carol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, scott_gallant said:

My husband and I just booked. Both excited and nervous! First transatlantic. Temperature wise, what should we be prepared for?

Welcome to Roll Call.

Carol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, azmay1 said:

I have seen the sea as smooth as glass.

Carol

Good to hear! Doubt the forecast is available that far out yet 😜

 

We are doing 9 night southern itinerary on Royals Navigator of the Seas in March 29. Will have to try to sneak in one more cruise next winter to get us through to Mardi Gras!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, scott_gallant said:

Good to hear! Doubt the forecast is available that far out yet 😜

 

We are doing 9 night southern itinerary on Royals Navigator of the Seas in March 29. Will have to try to sneak in one more cruise next winter to get us through to Mardi Gras!

Sorry, just posting what I have experience..17 transaltlantics worth.

Carol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, azmay1 said:

Sorry, just posting what I have experience..17 transaltlantics worth.

Carol

I will say no more.

Carol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, azmay1 said:

I will say no more.

Carol

Haha, no no, I appreciate your input! Was cracking a joke 😁

 

17 transatlantics, wow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, scott_gallant said:

Haha, no no, I appreciate your input! Was cracking a joke 😁

 

17 transatlantics, wow!

me too.

Carol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We booked the B2B Europe and Transatlantic. We are excited to see new European ports! We did the last Med and Transatlantic on the Vista, but have not sailed the Horizon yet. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Laura and Marty here from Wild, Wonderful West Virginia. We booked last night and got the last Spa Forward Vista Balcony (Not exactly sure what they are called). This will be our first Transatlantic. Looking forward to the ship. We sailed on one of the first Caribbean cruises for the Vista, and stayed in the Havana Cabana area, which we loved, but it appears much different on this ship, and the pool is itty bitty and tucked away. Glad I went with a Spa cabin this time, but was just looking at the deck plans and it appears the spa is on Deck 6?, but the cabins are on 17?? Seems a bit odd. This will also be our first time on a super big ship, not that the Vista is small, but it seems that this ship will be closer in size to the NCL and RCCL mega ships. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are booked on the cruise. Booked a Spa Ocean View. Hope this will be our second transatlantic as we are hoping to book the NCL Encore for this fall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, cloverose said:

We booked the B2B Europe and Transatlantic. We are excited to see new European ports! We did the last Med and Transatlantic on the Vista, but have not sailed the Horizon yet. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Welcome to Roll Call.

Carol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...