Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
MeandHer1968

Halloween cruise Oct 31 2020

Recommended Posts

Hi all - thinking about this cruise for Halloween.  Since it leaves on Halloween, will Carnival have their Halloween parties on this cruise?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, JustAGirl48 said:

Hi all - thinking about this cruise for Halloween.  Since it leaves on Halloween, will Carnival have their Halloween parties on this cruise?  

We're counting on Mardi Gras to have a Huge Halloween Party.

We plan on bring beads (obvious reasons :classic_ohmy:) Plus a costume. :classic_happy:

 

Mardi Gras (/ˈmɑːrdi ˌɡrɑː/), refers to events of the Carnival celebration. :classic_laugh:

Also known as Carnival or Carnaval, it’s celebrated in many countries around the world.

This sounds like us ! 

 

Mardi Gras is a tradition that dates back thousands of years to pagan celebrations.

Let's not break with tradition.

 

Traditionally, in the days leading up to Lent, merrymakers would binge on all the rich, fatty foods. Once again...this sounds like us.

 

Patch the Pumpkin Pirate was sailing across the sea when he drifted off course and became stranded. Patch was picked up by a passing Carnival ship. By the way... he’s 12 feet tall and loves Halloween! Patch has planned plenty of Halloween activities and fun happening during your cruise.

  • Show off your moves at Patch’s Halloween Deck Party.
  • Compete in Patch’s Pumpkin Carving Competition.
  • Join Patch’s Pumpkin Hunt as you search the ship for pumpkins he’s hidden.
  • Adults can enjoy Patch’s Punch at the atrium bar.
  • Check out our Patch & Friends Photo Op and become Patch himself

 

frightfully-fun-halloween-patch-lightbox.jpg

Edited by DD474

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cloud 9 Spa

Our luxurious Cloud 9 Spas are over 20,000 square feet and are featured on eleven Carnival ships. Some of the facilities are capacity controlled and extra charges may apply.

For guests who did not purchase a spa stateroom or suite but would like to use the Thermal Suites, Thalassotherapy Pool or large hot tub spa, we offer day passes and passes for the cruise duration. A Thalassotherapy Pool is featured on Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Magic, Carnival Splendor and Mardi Gras. A large hot tub spa is featured on Carnival Horizon, Carnival Panorama and Carnival Vista. 

Passes for the cruise duration can be purchased on board at the Cloud 9 Spa or pre-purchased online by accessing 'Manage My Booking' from the Carnival.com home page. Daily passes can only be purchased on board at the Cloud 9 Spa.

Prices from per guest (prices are subject to change and exclude Europe cruises)
Daily Pass: $40 
4 day cruise $79   
5 day cruise $99 
6 day cruise: $119   
7 day cruise: $139

 

Thalassotherapy Pool

Relaxation Room

Experience Showers

2 Saunas (men/women)

2 Locker Rooms (men/women)

Steam Chamber: Aroma Steam

Dry Heat Chamber: Salt and Infrared Heat Chamber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DD474 said:

We're counting on Mardi Gras to have a Huge Halloween Party.

We plan on bring beads (obvious reasons :classic_ohmy:) Plus a costume. :classic_happy:

 

Mardi Gras (/ˈmɑːrdi ˌɡrɑː/), refers to events of the Carnival celebration. :classic_laugh:

Also known as Carnival or Carnaval, it’s celebrated in many countries around the world.

This sounds like us ! 

 

Mardi Gras is a tradition that dates back thousands of years to pagan celebrations.

Let's not break with tradition.

 

Traditionally, in the days leading up to Lent, merrymakers would binge on all the rich, fatty foods. Once again...this sounds like us.

 

Patch the Pumpkin Pirate was sailing across the sea when he drifted off course and became stranded. Patch was picked up by a passing Carnival ship. By the way... he’s 12 feet tall and loves Halloween! Patch has planned plenty of Halloween activities and fun happening during your cruise.

  • Show off your moves at Patch’s Halloween Deck Party.
  • Compete in Patch’s Pumpkin Carving Competition.
  • Join Patch’s Pumpkin Hunt as you search the ship for pumpkins he’s hidden.
  • Adults can enjoy Patch’s Punch at the atrium bar.
  • Check out our Patch & Friends Photo Op and become Patch himself

 

frightfully-fun-halloween-patch-lightbox.jpg

Thank you!  With October 31st being embarkation day, I was wondering what day they would hold the Halloween events  Many of the things listed for Halloween couldn't happen, as they'll be busy with the sail away and delivering luggage, etc, along with people having to carry on costumes in case they don't receive their luggage in time.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JustAGirl48 said:

Thank you!  With October 31st being embarkation day, I was wondering what day they would hold the Halloween events  Many of the things listed for Halloween couldn't happen, as they'll be busy with the sail away and delivering luggage, etc, along with people having to carry on costumes in case they don't receive their luggage in time.  

 

Just returned from the Magic on Halloween  and asked the cruise director about it. He did say it will be rough on the crew. However, I do not think they will change the day. He really did not know either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Just returned from the Magic on Halloween  and asked the cruise director about it. He did say it will be rough on the crew. However, I do not think they will change the day. He really did not know either.

Hopefully, we'll still have Halloween party. :classic_biggrin:

I mean, that's what we paid for. :classic_ohmy: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Video shows, what look's like to be type of zip line.  Beside the roller coaster and rope line.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guy's Pig & Anchor Smokehouse | Brewhouse  :classic_tongue:

 

Tip: Come by during lunchtime and enjoy our menu of core BBQ faves — all free!  :classic_laugh:

If you hit the Pig & Anchor between 12 and 2:30 p.m. on embarkation and sea days, you’ll find a complimentary menu that features items like brisket, dry rubbed chicken, pulled pork, and sausage, as well as side dishes like mac and cheese, collard greens, coleslaw, and beans.

 

T1016BBQ.jpg

 

Let’s talk beers.  Carnival exclusive line of Parched Pig craft brews — a smoked porter, a farmhouse ale, a hoppy IPA and a toasted amber — is brewed under the supervision of a pro brewmaster, just feet from your table… and nowhere else* in the world. Want to tour the brewery? Or pick up a refillable growler? Go ahead!  :classic_biggrin:

Parched-Pig-Email-Banner.jpg

Edited by DD474

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Donna and I purchased the Thermal Suite Couples 7-Day Pass the first day it became available, it's gone up $35.00 in price.  Plus all the Spa Services have now added a Graduated cost.

 

Sub Total
$199.00
Gratuities
$35.82
 

spa-1081341.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen both of these Photo's referring to Mardi Gras. 

The Question is, Which one I actually going to be Mardi Gras ?

 

CAR-1005771-Thermal-Suite-7-Day-Pass-1392x5751.jpg

 

CarDec-85809-1548985317.jpg

Edited by DD474

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being that Plymouth Plantation is 30 minutes from our home.

Happy Thanksgiving.

 

P.S. That's our Church, about 1 mile from our home. (built in 1776)

 

The-First-Thanksgiving-at-Plymouth-Jennie-Brownscombe.jpg

Houses_of_the_Plimoth_Plantation_at_Plymouth,_Massachusetts.jpg

Plimoth-Plantation-village-Plymouth-Mass.jpg

 

 

 

710_Day_Lily_Show_7-18-2010_013.jpg

Edited by DD474

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being that I work in Boston, here my traffic for today and tomorrow :classic_ohmy:

AR-191118483.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:12 PM, MeandHer1968 said:

Just booked. ONLY 639 and counting...

  We're down to ONLY 339  and counting...

 

 

 

Edited by DD474

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MILITARY APPRECIATION

A Carnival cruise features special ways we recognize the service of U.S. and Canadian military members and veterans. It begins with military discounts on cruise fare... but it doesn't end there! Whether you're active or retired, come out and join us at the Military Appreciation Gathering — held on absolutely every cruise — where we honor the courage and commitment made by soldiers... and of course, their families as well. In addition to the event, there's also a chance for veterans, and the folks who matter to them, to gather around the reserved table and share stories at the Veterans' Tea Time Meet & Greet.

 

Count me in👍

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She's getting there.  :classic_biggrin:

My Room's on the other side. :classic_ohmy:

2.jpg

 

 

 

Edited by DD474

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...