Cruise Critic Community
MeandHer1968

Halloween cruise Oct 31 2020

2 hours ago, DD474 said:

491 days till your cruise!:classic_laugh:

MeandHer1968 - Scott & Karen            - Utah               

DD474               - Drew & Donna           -  Dighton Mass.

MPJCH              - Mike & Pam                - Georgia           

SoMDGirl           -                                      - St. Mary's County Maryland

Lamar20            - Lamar & Emily         - Georgia              

lele100               -                                                           

sammyd44        -                                                           

SayDees            -                                  - Toronto Canada

miamilady305    - Donald & Kim     -Miami FL          

SLLBFL517                                              -N. Carolina

Mouce                                                  - N. Carolina

123Brody               - Don & Zita            -Port Charlotte Florida

Twodaywonder    - Capt. Kirk              - Port St. Lucie Florida

Niquein99             -Monique             - Atlanta, GA

WOO HOO!!!

Mahogany Bay cruise terminal

Mahogany Bay is a Carnival Corporation-managed (exclusive) cruise terminal that serves ships from the fleets of Carnival Cruise Line and Princess Cruises. Mahogany Bay terminal is located east of Roatan Airport, in a area fka Dixon Bay.

Special attraction at Mahogany Bay terminal is the chair lift system. It transports passengers from the terminal building directly to the Mahogany Beach. The lift's all-day pass costs USD 12.  :classic_unsure:

Just off the cruise ship pier, there is a shopping mall with ATM, rent-a-car offices, kiosks providing information for Roatan Island tours (shore excursions), restaurants, souvenirs, jewelry shops and live musical performances

This is Roatan's new cruise ship terminal (inaugurated in 2009) that spreads over 20 acres of land, including the terminal building.

Mahogany Bay cruise terminal can accommodate 2 large vessels (post-Panamax sized) simultaneously (Meaning, Mardi Gras can't fit through the New Panama Canal Locks that opened in 2016) 

Passengers’ area has capacity for 8,000 people.  :classic_ohmy:

29-large-0b526f8569d8319fd4698b7979294c5a.jpg

29-large-13add042d17acc46007522f94ac5ab02.jpg

29-4dc2f98397a8b.gif

Vessel's keel-laying (aka "coin ceremony") ceremony was held on June 18, 2019, with which officially started ship's construction at Meyer Werft's Turku Shipyard in Finland

Mardi Gras Leaves Copenhagen, Denmark on Aug 31, 2020 @ 6PM

Here's Our Time Table:

Oct  31      16:00 Departing from Port Canaveral, Florida
Nov  02     10:00 - 19:00 Cozumel, Mexico
Nov  03     07:00 - 17:00 Costa Maya, Mexico
Nov  04      07:00 - 17:00 Roatan Island, Mahogany Bay-Coxen Hole, Honduras
Nov  07      07:00 Arriving in Port Canaveral, Florida

Godspeed to the new ship!

Costa Maya (Mexico)

Port Costa Maya features a modern shopping mall, central plaza and saltwater pools. There are also several shops selling discount-priced brand jewelry, beachwear, Mexican silver and handicrafts, hand-made souvenirs. It is generally open to cruise ship passengers only

The region is generally undeveloped but has been rapidly growing after the construction of a large pier with capacity to accommodate world's biggest passenger liners. Other port upgrades included new shops and attractions. The new pier and port expansion project was completed for season 2017-2018, and fully operational for season 2018-2019. The result was increased passenger traffic growth from 900,000 to over 1 million. Port's daily cruise ship passenger capacity is 15,000 to 18,000.

455-37ea2de11bd2.jpg

455-ff658a36ad68.jpg

455-93a32c9dd1ee.gif

Cozumel (Mexico)

Cozumel Island offers some of the world's best underwater tour activities, with its main tourist attractions being the offshore coral reefs and numerous diving shops and tour operators. The main diving areas are located on the island's western side. Its east side is relatively undeveloped, but has amazing beaches with beach restaurants every few miles. The most popular among tourists beaches are Playa Palancar and Playa Azul.

26-large-1e2e5f606f40465195f41c12aace71a3.jpg

26-b30c74844e1af.jpg

26-ff1bbc03d6f8a.jpg

13 minutes ago, DD474 said:

Cozumel (Mexico)

Cozumel Island offers some of the world's best underwater tour activities, with its main tourist attractions being the offshore coral reefs and numerous diving shops and tour operators. The main diving areas are located on the island's western side. Its east side is relatively undeveloped, but has amazing beaches with beach restaurants every few miles. The most popular among tourists beaches are Playa Palancar and Playa Azul.

26-large-1e2e5f606f40465195f41c12aace71a3.jpg

26-b30c74844e1af.jpg

26-ff1bbc03d6f8a.jpg

Where can I find all this on different ports?

Two of my favorite words on a cruise ship..."Complimentary & Drinks"

Dining: 

Street Eats (complimentary):

Big Chicken Restaurant (complimentary): 

Guy's Burger Joint (complimentary):

Seafood Shack (a la carte):

BlueIguana Cantina (complimentary):

Drinks

RedFrog Tiki Bar:

The Watering Hole:

Guy's Pig & Anchor Smokehouse Brew House:

Bar Pools:

This was already covered, but I am concerned on how very crowded this ship will be. Size vs guests plus the large crew. Checking other ships it will have a lot more passengers vs size of the ship. Anywhere from 2 to 3 thousand more. Just an example. The RCCL Liberty is 1112 L x 185 beam 3634 guests, crew 1360. Mardi Gras 1130 L x 137 beam, 5500 up to 6630 guests, crew 1745. That is a major size difference. Even the RCCL Harmony size vs passengers is less. Well we will see. Might need a shoe horn to get around 😎 

Carnival has Mardi Gras listed at 180,000 Ton's with 5200 Passenger's (approximately)

RCCL has Liberty of the seas at  154,000 Tons with  4200 Passenger's (approximately)  

Hopefully Carnival will stick to the 5200 passengers, :classic_wink: That's currently listed on the website.

P.S.  One of the many reason's I got Donna and I an Excel Corner Suite with access to Loft 19.. (less crowded)

I also purchased a Beach Cabana in Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan and the 

Private Oasis At Passion Island in Cozumel, Mexico (avoiding the crowds)

Posted (edited)

Happy Belated 4th of July. 

I was military in the 70s 

Firefighter/EMT in the 80s (10 years)

Law Enforcement now 22 years. 

Served our country since I was 18. 

Proud to be American. 

images.jpeg

Edited by DD474

Carnival Mardi Gras  :classic_biggrin:   480 Days Left :classic_tongue:

The following Cruise Critic members have signed up to this Meet & Mingle party: :classic_laugh:

DD474 # in party: 2
jlo4sho # in party: 2
MustLuvDogsFL345 # in party: 2
jdgordon # in party: 2
onatreadmill # in party: 2
MeandHer1968 # in party: 2
SLLBFL517 # in party: 2
123Brody # in party: 2
twodaywonder # in party: 2
Niquein99 # in party: 1
miamilady305 # in party: 2

The current party tally is 21  :classic_smile: 

Almost at the 25 needed for our party.  Luckily we got 15 months to get 4 more members to join. :classic_ohmy:

MeandHer1968 - Scott & Karen          - Utah               

DD474               - Drew & Donna          - Dighton Mass.

MPJCH              - Mike & Pam              - Georgia           

SoMDGirl           -                                  - St. Mary's County Maryland

Lamar20            - Lamar & Emily         - Georgia              

lele100               -                                                           

sammyd44         -                                                           

SayDees                                               - Toronto Canada

miamilady305       - Donald & Kim        - Miami FL          

SLLBFL517                                           - N. Carolina

Mouce                                                   - N. Carolina

123Brody               - Don & Zita            -Port Charlotte Florida

Twodaywonder     - Dan & Marianne     - Port St. Lucie Florida

Niquein99             - Monique                 - Atlanta, GA

NEW BRUNCH MENU

Carnival Cruise Line announced the rolling out of a new brunch menu of traditional favorites fleetwide. The new menu is already available onboard 11 "Fun Ships" and will be rolled out to the rest over the next months. Brunch will be available on seadays only.

The offering gives passengers another option for meals in a bacchanalia for food. A major appeal of cruises has always been the variety of dining, both in the ability to eat practically 24/7, and the choice of food.

The new brunch menu includes popular food items for Breakfast (frittata, parfaits, cereals, croissants, muffins, Danish pastries, toasts, bagels, omelets, eggs benedict) and for Lunch (salads, egg salad, burgers, fried chicken, pasta, seafood / lobster benedict, crab, shrimp, tuna, salmon).

Posted (edited)

We're the 5th highest membership Roll Call Board for Mardi Gras :classic_biggrin:  out of 21. :classic_dry:

Edited by DD474

9 minutes ago, DD474 said:

NEW BRUNCH MENU

Carnival Cruise Line announced the rolling out of a new brunch menu of traditional favorites fleetwide. The new menu is already available onboard 11 "Fun Ships" and will be rolled out to the rest over the next months. Brunch will be available on seadays only.

The offering gives passengers another option for meals in a bacchanalia for food. A major appeal of cruises has always been the variety of dining, both in the ability to eat practically 24/7, and the choice of food.

The new brunch menu includes popular food items for Breakfast (frittata, parfaits, cereals, croissants, muffins, Danish pastries, toasts, bagels, omelets, eggs benedict) and for Lunch (salads, egg salad, burgers, fried chicken, pasta, seafood / lobster benedict, crab, shrimp, tuna, salmon).

Ok I need some clarification on this. Not familiar with the Bacchanalia. What is it and is it on all the Carnival ships?

Brunch was usually in the MDRs was it not? You mention almost 24/7 but is that on the Carnival ships? Last the burgers. Different from Guys? Thanks!

Posted (edited)

I found this on Cruise Fever Website. 

Referencing Carnival's new brunch menu. 

Cruise Fever will have the latest when more Carnival cruise ships receive the new brunch menu

brunch.png

Edited by DD474

Not familiar with the Bacchanalia. What is it and is it on all the Carnival ships? I see there are charges for certain items. Where a price is not shown, is that complementary or does everything have a certain charge?

Now you got me started. I did some checking and found that the NEW sea-day brunch will probably be in the dining room. The one NOT normally used for breakfast. Which ever that one is on a particular ship. I also found out that it will be starting very soon on 11 of the carnival ships. They are as follows. Horizon NOW, Vista, Fantasy, Sunrise, Sensation, Victory, Imagination, Inspiration, Ecstasy, Splendor and the Liberty. Still trying to find out what the asterix indicates on the menu. Currently the brunch is included with your cruise. No idea about this one. They show steak and eggs using a filet mignon. That one has the asterix but so does the eggs any style. As for the burger. Guess it will not be a Guy's Berger. Going on the Magic for Halloween and wish it would be on there.

21 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Now you got me started. I did some checking and found that the NEW sea-day brunch will probably be in the dining room. The one NOT normally used for breakfast. Which ever that one is on a particular ship. I also found out that it will be starting very soon on 11 of the carnival ships. They are as follows. Horizon NOW, Vista, Fantasy, Sunrise, Sensation, Victory, Imagination, Inspiration, Ecstasy, Splendor and the Liberty. Still trying to find out what the asterix indicates on the menu. Currently the brunch is included with your cruise. No idea about this one. They show steak and eggs using a filet mignon. That one has the asterix but so does the eggs any style. As for the burger. Guess it will not be a Guy's Berger. Going on the Magic for Halloween and wish it would be on there.

This is very interesting.  We'll have to do more research.  Guy's burgers are complimentary. Guy's Barbeque is only complimentary for breakfast and lunch.  I think Shaquille o'neal chicken is also complimentary. 

5 minutes ago, DD474 said:

This is very interesting.  We'll have to do more research.  Guy's burgers are complimentary. Guy's Barbeque is only complimentary for breakfast and lunch.  I think Shaquille o'neal chicken is also complimentary. 

yes they all are. 

Check this out. Sounds like the burgers will give Guys a run for there money. Not on our ship. Darn.

3 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Check this out. Sounds like the burgers will give Guys a run for there money. Not on our ship. Darn.

🤔😫

I would order a regular cheese burger. Not one like they are showing. If you could get one your way? Nothing really interests us.