Premier Beverage Package Royal Princess

cruzn fun

I see on the Princess web that you cannot pay difference if your drink is over $12. I'm wondering if anyone has only been charged the difference? Also if they do charge for entire beverage, I'm guessing it doesnt count towards my 15? Thank you 🙂

24 minutes ago, cruzn fun said:

I see on the Princess web that you cannot pay difference if your drink is over $12. I'm wondering if anyone has only been charged the difference? Also if they do charge for entire beverage, I'm guessing it doesnt count towards my 15? Thank you 🙂

You cannot pay the difference. You would have to pay for the entire drink. In that case it would not count against the 15.

I have found very few that exceed the set amount. 

There are maybe TWO drinks (on most Princess ships) that are over the beverage package limit. If you are on one of the few Princess ships that have the "Whiskey Adventure" with the expanded beverage menu (in one venue only - on Emerald Princess it's in Wheelhouse for instance) then there will be a large number of items above the price ceiling but most Princess ships don't have that option. ALL "normal" drinks are included in the package. Seriously, don't worry about it. It is almost never an issue.

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

There are maybe TWO drinks (on most Princess ships) that are over the beverage package limit. If you are on one of the few Princess ships that have the "Whiskey Adventure" with the expanded beverage menu (in one venue only - on Emerald Princess it's in Wheelhouse for instance) then there will be a large number of items above the price ceiling but most Princess ships don't have that option. ALL "normal" drinks are included in the package. Seriously, don't worry about it. It is almost never an issue.

What about wine? The one cab by the glass is over the limit😞

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Grburkart said:

I’m a doubles guy. That probably wont work either. My solution to that would be to tip generously and hope for a strong pour. 

Glenn

Pouring a double is totally at the bartender's discretion. I had lots of doubles. Once the bartenders realized I wasn't going to share my drinks (day 2 of my cruises) they happily poured me doubles. I was drinking straight Scotch. My wife doesn't drink that. (She had the package too.) They had no issue at all pouring me doubles and, in fact, did so as the default. The bartenders aren't stupid. Yes, I got "charged" for two drinks but I didn't care. After all, I was having two drinks. This was the case on our 28 day cruise in October of 2017 and the 14 day cruise in March of 2018.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

What about wine? The one cab by the glass is over the limit😞

the Robert Mondavi cab is $ 12 .... bottle today at my local today was $ 7.99 - $ 3 off regular price ..

but, yeah  - the Silverado cab was $12, but went to $ 16 ...

I used the search function "price list" and "drink menu" and NOTHING...Anyone have a current drink menu? I'd like to see if my regular cocktails are included...I'm on the Royal Princess in January 2020....

Champagne - Veuve

Bourbon - Bulleit or Woodford

Red Wine - Meomi, curious to what's available....

Vodka - Titos or Beldevere if it's a martini

• Like 1

Bulleit is my go to Bourbon and it is included - I have 2-3 Manhattans with Bulleit before dinner most nights,  I am pretty sure Veuve  is not covered.  Not sure about the Vodka's, my wife does Grey Goose martini's without any vermouth - so basically Goose up with a twist and it is covered

• Like 1

11 hours ago, voljeep said:

the Robert Mondavi cab is $ 12 .... bottle today at my local today was $ 7.99 - $ 3 off regular price ..

but, yeah  - the Silverado cab was $12, but went to $ 16 ...

Exactly. Silverado. I’ll bring bottles onboard I suppose. Much cheaper!

• 9 months later...
On 1/30/2019 at 9:05 PM, Grburkart said:

I’m a doubles guy. That probably wont work either. My solution to that would be to tip generously and hope for a strong pour. 

Glenn

I ordered a double bailey's and didn't get charged. Of course I wasn't ever near going over the 15 limit.

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

I thought I had seen here on CC that Princess now allowed you to pay the difference for drinks over $12 on PBP. I also see Rombauer on Vines menu - is this same Vines menu fleet wide 

I have seen the same thing posted on CC. However, "The Premier Beverage Package Terms & Conditions 2019" posted on their website still says "Items selected that exceed the $12.00 USD or $16 .00 AUD price are charged at full menu price."

Note that the "Terms & Conditions 2019" are linked to my bookings in Cruise Personalizer for 2020 and 2021, even though "Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update the terms and conditions of our beverage packages at any time with or without notice to guests. The terms and conditions as published on princess.com on the date of sailing will apply." So I really do not know what the terms and conditions will be for my currently booked cruises in 2020 or 2021.

Although some people posted that they were only charged the difference, I would not count on it until I see it posted by Princess. In the meantime, the only way you can know for sure is buy a drink and look at your folio when you are onboard. If they charge you the full price, you won't get very far quoting the CC posts.

Edited by NavyVeteran

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 12:28 PM, JennyB1977 said:

I used the search function "price list" and "drink menu" and NOTHING...Anyone have a current drink menu? I'd like to see if my regular cocktails are included...I'm on the Royal Princess in January 2020....

Champagne - Veuve

Bourbon - Bulleit or Woodford

Red Wine - Meomi, curious to what's available....

Vodka - Titos or Beldevere if it's a martini

Try looking here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=princess+cruises+drink+menu+2019&newwindow=1&sxsrf=ACYBGNQBCdWITnFRwUDClOiUGl1EV_-Qdg:1574110515427&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj_te_Q0vTlAhXlUN8KHe_JBlkQ_AUIESgB&biw=1012&bih=444&dpr=1.35#spf=1574110637114

• Thanks 1