Cruise Critic Community

Booked this on the first day.  Going with my husband, sister and brother in law.  Going to be a long time coming.

Diane

We also booked this as soon as it opened up yesterday. Matt and Eyan from Worcester, Massachusetts. This will be cruise #13 for us, second time with Carnival. We are booked in a Havana Extended Cabana this time around. We tried out a Havana Cabana on the Vista and we enjoyed it. It'll be a long wait for this cruise, but we are really looking forward to it and looking forward to talking with everyone on here up until its time to sail!

We are booked.  We are going to try on of the new forward-facing extended-balconies on deck 17 (spa balcony).  Thank goodness we have the Magic in Dec. 2019 to tide us over.

We just booked this cruise along with my Sister and BIL. Looking forward to the New Ship. I noticed the price came way down now around $700 for a cove balcony. Worth a look on line or call to see if you can get a Price Drop.

We are booked! This will be a family trip. Bringing our 3 girls 21, 13, and 5. Can’t wait!

Booked this on the first day as well.  Trying the Havana section - although was hoping they'd keep the pool section like on the Vista and Horizon but Mardi Gras just seems to have a very small dunk pool with no hot tubs per the deck plans.

Posted (edited)

Hey Everybody!! So excited already😁 This will be the wife and my 3rd Carnival cruise and we've had a great time and sure this will be as good or better...I'm showing 599 to go, practically around the corner!

Edited by SeamanZero
remove old cruise countdown

Greetings!  My husband Ken and I will be taking this cruise and while we have cruised Carnival before, this is our first NEW ship.  I am more excited than he is.  😁  I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you on board.

Hi All... I booked  immediately when Mardi Gras came available and got a Junior Balcomy as it was a great deal as the OBC increase from my TA & Carnival offset the cost of the upgrade from Oceanview. As of now I'm going solo as I have no significant other in my life but even if I go solo there are many "opportunities" onboard awaiting

We, husband and I, are booked in a Suite, will be traveling with my BFF and her husband, who also have a Suite. We are sooooo excited about this trip! Can't wait to see the ship and get to explore all the cool new things.

Happy Friday everyone!  I am happy to say I just booked this cruise for my bestfriend's 45th birthday!  We will be trying out a Havana Cabana and I'm pretty excited about it!  Can't wait to see this ship and all it has to offer.  The ports of call are wonderful too!  This will be my friends first time in all these ports!  This will be my 13th carnival cruise if I dont take another one before this one.  We headed out on NCL SKY in July for my birthday!  Good times for sure.

Hi everyone!  My partner and I just booked this cruise a couple days ago.  We're in a extended balcony on deck 11.  I thought this ship is SO big that this deck was in between the Lido areas and the dining room areas.  This cruise is so far off and ship is under construction, so I'm happy we have 3 other Carnival cruises booked in the meantime to get us through. :-)  See you in a year and a half!!!! :-)

My wife and I,  plus 3 others couples booked this cruise on January 30, 2019.  We are looking forward to the new ship.

My husband and I will be joining you all on 12/5. Seems so far away but I know it will be here before we know it. I have a feeling 7 days on this ship won't be long enough.

Hubby and I are booked on the Mardi Gras for this sailing - our first cruise on a sparkling-new ship. We've never booked so far ahead of the sailing date, but couldn't pass up the great price for our mid-ship ocean suite.

It'll be time to board before we know it!  Look forward to meeting y'all!

If you want to see a great review of the Mardi Gras here's a great 20+ minute complete video of the decks. There also is another video on the cabins (equally as long) 

Posted (edited)

And here's the Cabin Guide

Edited by iahawkize

On 8/12/2019 at 10:52 AM, iahawkize said:

And here's the Cabin Guide

Wow thank you so much for posting these videos!  So much information already.  Now would be a really good time for everyone to check their cabin location since we have plenty of time to move cabins if you feel necessary to do so.  Ship is looking better and better w each new video.

Can't wait to see the Mardi Gras.. been wanting to book for almost since it was announced but finally did..😎😎

Hi..we are from Clermont Florida near WDW..

Can’t wait to be on this beautiful ship! December is great for cruising 😮❤️🛳

We booked a while back, just logging in to post. Cannot wait to see the new ship.

Can't wait to sail the Mardi Gras. My husband and I will celebrate our 51st wedding anniversary. This will be our 20th cruise(14th w/ Carnival) and we will turn Platinum on the Mardi Gras. We will be sailing with another couple.

Edited by pj103