1-31-19 Thursday Weigh-In

pacruise804

Happy Thursday Everyone!

I didn't see another post for today, I hope Belle is alright.  I overslept this morning and forgot to weigh myself, I'll try to remember next week.

Schools are closed in our area today so I'm enjoying some time with my kiddos.  Stay warm all!

Hey Pacruise804, Hope Belle is ok too. I am only down 1lb when I weighed myself this morning the  brutally cold weather is here.. At 430am was only -4*f.. wearing several layers as was prepared to be outside clearing snow so next week should be even better... Rob

Hi all, I stayed right about where I was at( even ) . The low pressure system that hit us this week made my arthritis flare up along with my tendonitis in my wrist so I didn't hit the gym so far this week been wearing a brace and taking advil all week long Coupled with stress at work  it hasn't been easy.  58 days till our cruise and I hope to lose a few more lbs... 

Good Morning all!!!  Hope everything is ok with Belle.

Doesn't seem as if all had the best of weeks, I'm truly sorry, I know how discouraging it is.  It is cold here ... right now it is 6 degrees ... I understand that to the south of us it is colder ... interesting weather patterns ... I'm so ready for warm weather.  (I leave in 72 days for Florida.)

I am down 1.8# which is a biggy for me .. I'm very happy - It means that I have now lost 17.4# ... It does get discouraging when I have so far to go ... but am really hoping that I can stay steady for the next 10 weeks.  Jan

• Like 1

I confess to doing some blizzard comfort food eating this week but I am down 1 lb and will take it!  Hopefully I can lose 8 more before my April cruise.  The hardest things for me, especially in the winter, are getting in enough water and exercising.  I am keeping a water bottle by my bed and making sure I finish it before my feet touch the floor each morning.  I've also dug out my 1 mile walk tapes so I can do something easy when the weather is too bad to walk outside.  Have a good week everyone!

• Like 1

Rob, hope you were able to stay warm shoveling.  We are double digits now (12*) with positive windchill (1*).  My sister in Wisconsin said it was -22* on her drive home last night.

Dave, praying you heal soon - arthritis in no fun 😞 I made the workout last night and found I barely notice my hip pain, my back on the other hand - ouch!

Jan and Angiemom - nice losses 😄 I have a Leslie Sansone video too that I should dig out - I think it's the 5 mega miles one.

Have a good weekend everyone 🙂 

Hi,

Pacruise, thanks for the thread. Have fun with your kids. I too hope Belle is ok. Maybe computer troubles. 

I stayed the same. Need to lose more for the April cruise.....

Hate to say it but in No. Cal. it is 65 and sunny today........We are supposed to get 3 storms starting tomorrow though, 1.5-2" of rain total through Sunday then freezing temps. by Tuesday. 

Jan, fantastic. Wow, so close to a 20 lb. loss. Know you can do it. 

Ren and Dave, hang in then. I feel for you guys.

Anguie, good loss.

Have a good day everyone. Diana

Thanks everyone, I'm fine, in fact wrote a post last night for today. 

Don't know where it went. Can't repeat it as you know I just make it

up as I go along. Don't remember all of it.

Thank you Pac for starting it this morning. Sounds like it's been

a good week loss wise but terrible weather wise. Sorry you are

so cold. I couldn't live in it. More power to you all.

I lost a pound this week, broke the staying the same pattern, hope it sticks.

Have a good Friday and weekend Stay warm and inside if you can. Be safe

in that weather your having..

• Like 1

Hi Everyone, well done all the weight loses this week. My first full week and i lost 2lbs. I was meant to start exercising this week to go alongside the diet but work commitments mean ive been working 12 hour days so i've  been too tired. Hopefully i'll start some exercise by next week. Its been down to -5 in the UK 😣. I just keep thinking this time next year i will be in the Caribbean sun ... with a nice slim body ( she says wistfully 😂

Good morning everyone, and another great week as everyone is staying on track and keeping positive attitudes. Wo hoo up to 6*f at 930am hoping to get to 20 today.. then the warm up.... Already had two large cups of tea, just finishing my daily work breakfast at my desk of a smashed banana with oatmeal and cinnamon and along with two hard boiled eggs am good for most of the day... Today we have a super bowl party and wings along with chili and a mac and cheese, one buffalo and one with bacon... I have almost stopped eating bread but pasta I am having.. Lets go Patriots!!! Hope you all have a great weekend . Take care Rob...

• Like 1

Hi all!

You all have done so well. Sorry to be a downer but I'm up 0.8 lbs. It 's hard to resist those After Eights calling my name each time I open the fridge!!

I leave Thursday for a week in Arizona visiting with my sister at her home away from home. Looking so forward to being warm again.

It's been really cold & sometimes blizzard like here so was housebound for almost a week. Finally got out yesterday

to drive to Town on snow covered roads when didn't it start up again!!

Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~ 😊

How come there's no night owls on here?  Always have to talk to myself.

Jo it's nice you get to go to AZ and get warm for a week and of course

enjoy your sister's company for awhile. I have a friend that lives in

Chandler.

Edited by Belle

Rob should of talked to you instead of trying to sleep. Didn't sleep, had one of those nights.

Your 2 hours ahead of me in time.

You work 6 days a week, not fair. Suppose to have 2 days off. Everyday up at 5 am. Bad!

Have fun at your Super Bowl Party. Make everyone help clean up. You work tomorrow.

Bet you have good food to eat. I'm hungry.  Think I'll have a taco salad for SB. 

Now I know why my post didn't go though and why have to sign on each time now.

Cruise Critic problems. Reading others having the same problems.

Everyone have a good Sunday watching the Bowl or doing other things,

On 1/31/2019 at 8:22 PM, anniedave said:

Hi Everyone, well done all the weight loses this week. My first full week and i lost 2lbs. I was meant to start exercising this week to go alongside the diet but work commitments mean ive been working 12 hour days so i've  been too tired. Hopefully i'll start some exercise by next week. Its been down to -5 in the UK 😣. I just keep thinking this time next year i will be in the Caribbean sun ... with a nice slim body ( she says wistfully 😂

Congratulations on your loss!  I hope the -5 was Celsius not Fahrenheit.  I didn't think it got that cold in UK for some reason (but this has been a brutal winter).

On 2/1/2019 at 9:42 AM, renjrusa said:

Good morning everyone, and another great week as everyone is staying on track and keeping positive attitudes. Wo hoo up to 6*f at 930am hoping to get to 20 today.. then the warm up.... Already had two large cups of tea, just finishing my daily work breakfast at my desk of a smashed banana with oatmeal and cinnamon and along with two hard boiled eggs am good for most of the day... Today we have a super bowl party and wings along with chili and a mac and cheese, one buffalo and one with bacon... I have almost stopped eating bread but pasta I am having.. Lets go Patriots!!! Hope you all have a great weekend . Take care Rob...

Congratulations on your team's win, Rob.  We are a Steelers family here, but I can still be happy for my internet friends 🙂 

The sun has been shining and the temps are in the 30's - Woo Hoo!  I picked up a nasty cough over the weekend though and am struggling to stay productive.  Drinking lots of fluids and will probably have chicken broth for lunch.  Our trainer gave us homework of 3-5 sets of 30 second planks, but with feeling sick I haven't knocked them out yet.  

Hello All......One day till weigh-in. Know this is a weigh-in thread for us each week but........

wish we would come in more and talk during the week, me included.

Tell how we're doing, what we did to stay on track or to say I need help, give me ideas.

Like me it's hard not to snack in the evening (sweets or whatever) so trying to drink hot tea instead. Not

hard at this time because of the cold weather we're having.  Doesn't always work but I'm trying.

What's your tip for night eating>

Hi Belle, that was one of the hardest things to stop snacking at night. I am usually home and have dinner by 5pm but after that am trying to stay on track by having an apple instead. Its much healthier for you and figure if you choose the apple your really trying to stay away from the junk food. I all but stopped buying anything really unhealthy but for the superbowl had chips for my grandkids.. I will talk anytime if you like..Rob.. 

I think I'd be ok not eating after supper, except DH usually wants a snack.  I know I don't have to eat with him, but it doesn't seem right for him to eat alone.

What I have been doing is not serving myself as much as I serve him, or just having part.  If we have celery with pb or cream cheese I might only have the celery.

5 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

I think I'd be ok not eating after supper, except DH usually wants a snack.  I know I don't have to eat with him, but it doesn't seem right for him to eat alone.

What I have been doing is not serving myself as much as I serve him, or just having part.  If we have celery with pb or cream cheese I might only have the celery.

I would skip the celery and just eat the pb.., you could put peanut butter on anything and it would be good..

• Haha 1

My hubby is the evening snacker. Not me.........After dinner I don't want to eat.  I'm good though about not partaking. I just let him have his snacks. 

I've been working hard to lose this week so hopefully I have a loss to post tomorrow.

See everyone then.

Diana