Cruise Critic Community
beachgirl32931

Mardi Gras December 12 2020 Western sailing!

Aloha!  Booked a Havana Cabana cabin on this sailing.  We are Marie and Rob and we live in Merritt Island Fl.  We usually cruise either the second or third week in December and try to sail from Port Canaveral!

I know it's a way to go but we will be looking for others to share a snorkel adventure with radical adventures in Roatan.  It's a 6 person minimum!  We've done this before and want to do this again.  

Looking forward to chatting with others on this cruise.

We are booked too. Going on the transatlantic in September and then again on this one!

Booked this cruise 2 days ago. We booked in one of the Vista Spa Suites on deck 17.  We don't normally splurge this much on a room, but we have been to these ports dozens of times so this trip the ship will be the destination for us!! 

We are Chris and Stephanie from Chicago.

The ship will certainly be the destination, but we are also doing the transatlantic on the Mardi Gras, so we will have had plenty of sea days on the ship.

On 2/2/2019 at 7:57 PM, stobe1 said:

Booked this cruise 2 days ago. We booked in one of the Vista Spa Suites on deck 17.  We don't normally splurge this much on a room, but we have been to these ports dozens of times so this trip the ship will be the destination for us!! 

We are Chris and Stephanie from Chicago.

We love to cruise and most times the ship is our destination unless we go Tortola, Barbados, Roatan, or any of the ABC islands.

Wow. What a surprise! Our Deck 17 Vista Spa Suite (which we booked at a very good rate practically when bookings opened) is now a Presidential Suite with all those fantastic Excel Suite perks. We really lucked out!  

Sorry to brag. Just had to share! I'm afraid to look and see what this room would cost now for this same sailing now that all of this has been announced.

We are from Central Florida and I  moved our cruise on the Breeze to the Mardi Gras because I just had to be on this ship and decided December was as long as I was willing to wait..     

On 9/10/2019 at 8:55 PM, beachgirl32931 said:

Just chatting with a friend this evening about this cruise and only 349 days to go!

We are still more than a year out. Even the TA cruise is still more than 349 days out.

13 hours ago, dioxide45 said:

We are still more than a year out. Even the TA cruise is still more than 349 days out.

I was delirious when I wrote that.  I cruised last week and came home sick with a virus.  Didn't realize how sick I was until Wednesday night.

As of today 455 days to go!!

Hey, y'all! I just got off of my first cruise on Monday, a 4-night to the Bahamas with my mom aboard the Carnival Sunshine, and now I'm addicted!

So much so that I've just booked my next sailing, in celebration of my 40th birthday, aboard the Carnival Mardi Gras on December 12th, 2020! Standard Balcony room, Deck 10 mid-ship. So excited!

So far only one friend is joining me, but I have several others who are interested and so I'm hoping to have a fun little group coming with me.

Looking forward to chatting with you all over the coming 424 days!

Edited by Elevationist

Hi, we just switched from Horizon to this cruise on Mardi Gras. Celebrating our daughter's 18th birthday on board. I love that we are sailing out of Port Canaveral and hoping Matt is on board for our sailing. It should be a blast.

I also love sailing out of Port Canaveral.  It's roughly 7 minutes from my driveway to the drop off for the cruise.  We try to cruise out of here in December because it is just easier to get home and back into the Holiday routine.  This year we are going on Celebrity and I'm dreading the ride home.  

We will be on this cruise. Extended balcony on deck 14. Its our second cruise and the first for our 19 and 14 year old daughters. Can't wait !! 

I'm hoping to convince some friends to come along.  There are a group of us who cruise together every December but we usually go on other lines so hoping I can convince them to make the switch.