Cruise Critic Community
beachgirl32931

Mardi Gras December 12 2020 Western sailing!

Posted (edited)

Cruise Line Details New Sanitation Policies and Procedures

I. Embarkation and Disembarkation

a. Mandatory temperature screening and pre-boarding health declarations for all guests

b. Infrared fever screening system at the ship’s gangway

c. Higher frequency cleanings with increased levels of sanitization and disinfection at the ship gangway and passenger walkways

d. Stringent checks for all embarking individuals, including crew travel documents; guests aged 70 years   and above to provide a doctor’s certificate of fitness for travel  :classic_ohmy:

e. Online check-in for guests who’ll then receive designated arrival times to minimize crowd congestion at the terminal

f. Additional waiting areas for cruise boarding and disembarkation (with staggered times)

g. Compliance with all local port and health authorities’ regulations

Keep your fingers crossed and stay safe

Edited by DD474

2 hours ago, DD474 said:

Cruise Line Details New Sanitation Policies and Procedures

I. Embarkation and Disembarkation

a. Mandatory temperature screening and pre-boarding health declarations for all guests

b. Infrared fever screening system at the ship’s gangway

c. Higher frequency cleanings with increased levels of sanitization and disinfection at the ship gangway and passenger walkways

d. Stringent checks for all embarking individuals, including crew travel documents; guests aged 70 years   and above to provide a doctor’s certificate of fitness for travel  :classic_ohmy:

e. Online check-in for guests who’ll then receive designated arrival times to minimize crowd congestion at the terminal

f. Additional waiting areas for cruise boarding and disembarkation (with staggered times)

g. Compliance with all local port and health authorities’ regulations

Keep your fingers crossed and stay safe

There is no way my doctor or any doctor is going to provide a certificate of fitness to travel, so I guess I won't be sailing after all.  I wouldn't blame any doctor for refusing - too much liability at stake.

11 hours ago, DeanDeeDee said:

There is no way my doctor or any doctor is going to provide a certificate of fitness to travel, so I guess I won't be sailing after all.  I wouldn't blame any doctor for refusing - too much liability at stake.

The Cruise lines need to check on the HIPAA laws. 🤔 

The Cruise lines need to check on the discrimination laws too. 😐 

There only applying this rule to one age group. 😒

Posted (edited)
Doctor Notes Not Required for Passengers Over 70

Cruisers over 70 years of age are being reassured they will not have to provide a doctor's note to be able to cruise, once operations resume.

Well...OK. 😀

See..I made a few calls, pulled some strings..🤔  YA..That's it...

Edited by DD474

Posted (edited)

Our cruise starts in 222 days!

222-1.jpg222.jpg

Edited by DD474

Posted (edited)

Carnival Provides Update on Mardi Gras Inaugural Cruise Season

Published

3 weeks ago
 April 14, 2020

Why Snagging A Mardi Gras Stateroom Is So Tough

That said, there’s more to the story than first meets the eye.

While it’s very likely that Mardi Gras would be sold out under any circumstances, Carnival has unintentionally made the ship even more desirable with their decision to ease back into sailing once things return to normal down the line.

As we first reported last week, Carnival realizes that ongoing travel restrictions could make it difficult to get all of their crew members back on short notice once the current no-sail order is lifted.

With that in mind, a spokesperson told us that the company was basically limiting inventory on some sailings “so that we don’t overextend our ability to provide service on board.”

As it turns out, that same philosophy is impacting the still-to-be-unveiled ship. “Mardi Gras has been a popular ship since the moment we opened it up for sale last year,” a spokesperson tells Cruise Radio. “The delivery delay previously announced, along with the cancellation of the first 8 sailings, only drove more demand to book available inventory.”

But a thing worth doing is a thing worth doing right. “Given that this is a new class of ship and the largest we have ever operated,” the rep tells us, “we are still capacity-controlling the inventory as we take a conservative approach its first months of service. So sailings that are closed are the results of bookings reaching their self-imposed capacity.”

As of now, Mardi Gras is expected to set sail on November 14, 2020 :classic_biggrin:

Edited by DD474

Posted (edited)
On 4/29/2020 at 9:27 PM, DeanDeeDee said:

Edited by shiska
Discard statmnent

Carnival’s Commitment to Guest and Crew Health as of May 4th

I'm glad Mardi Gras is not on this list. :classic_biggrin:

Posted (edited)

Port Canaveral’s Cruise Terminal 3 Expected to be Completed on Schedule

By Space Coast Daily  //  April 4, 2020

cruose-terminal-three-600.jpg

cruose-terminal-three-600-2.jpg

cruose-terminal-three-600-3.jpg

cruose-terminal-three-600-4.jpg

cruose-terminal-three-600-5.jpg

Edited by DD474

On 5/9/2020 at 9:45 AM, DD474 said:

Port Canaveral’s Cruise Terminal 3 Expected to be Completed on Schedule

By Space Coast Daily  //  April 4, 2020

cruose-terminal-three-600.jpg

cruose-terminal-three-600-2.jpg

cruose-terminal-three-600-3.jpg

cruose-terminal-three-600-4.jpg

cruose-terminal-three-600-5.jpg

Very nice!!

Posted (edited)

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 to 

Saturday, December 12, 2020

Our cruise Is 

214 days from today

7 Months from today

30 weeks & 4 days from today

Or 

Alternative time units

• 18,489,600 seconds
  • 308,160 minutes
  • 5136 hours
  • 58.47% of 2020
  • Incase you were wondering 🤔
Edited by DD474

Posted (edited)

I spoke with my Carnival cruise planner yesterday. 

She confirmed that carnival is holding back on bookings to reduced capacity. 

Carnival wants make sure that there's enough crew members for the amount of passengers.  

I copied this from another thread.🤔

CBCC7851-F8BD-4564-86C4-CAE87C633BB5.thumb.jpeg.ba4540a030d7b61d8ad9f5f1bf3a7942.jpeg

Edited by DD474

Posted (edited)

Our cruise starts in 210 days!   (Ya know  2..1..0 )

imagesUOUCUP4P.jpg

30 Weeks from today !!

unnamed.jpg

Edited by DD474

We have passed 10,000 views😎

Posted (edited)

Edited by DD474

Carnival Mardi Gras

The following Cruise Critic members have signed up to this Meet & Mingle party:

DD474 # in party: 2
Mmch62 # in party: 2
BE474 # in party: 2
DeanDeeDee # in party: 2
EC474 # in party: 2
shiska # in party: 2
Risabrandon # in party: 2
Jaydub47 # in party: 4
Warm Breezes # in party: 2
DrBear22 # in party: 4
SarahB0308 # in party: 4

The current party tally is 31 -  :classic_unsure: 

This actually hasn't changed in two months.  

As of March..:classic_ohmy:

December 12th Mardi Gras  Roll Call Members :classic_biggrin:

1. Beachgirl332931         Marie & Rob                                        Merritt FL
  2. Dioxide45                                                                                    Ohio
  3. Stobe1                                                                                         Chicago IL
  4. Warm Breezes                                                                            Michigan
  5. AC352                                                                                           Florida
  6. Elevationist                                                                                  South Carolina   
  7. Zeta                                                                                               Orlando FL
  8. Zorky12                                                                                        Ohio
  9. Mmch62                                                                                       New York                          Cancelation Club Member
  10. DD474                           Drew & Donna                                     South coast Ma                Cancelation Club Member
  11. BE474                            Bobby & Emily                                     South coast Ma                Cancelation Club Member
  12. Arbabia                         Curt & Val                                             Virginia                               Cancelation Club Member
  13. DeanDeeDee               Robert & Diane                                    Fort Pierce FL
  14. EC474                            Ernie & Carman                                   Miramar FL
  15. Shiska                            Robert & Carol                                     Radcliff KY                          Cancelation Club Member
  16. Risabrandon                                                                                Port St Lucie FL
  17. Jaydub47                                                                                      North Carolina
  18. Chascougs                     Scott & Lynn                                        Charleston SC   
  19. Celticgrl                   Pete & Jenny                              North Carolina
  20. DrBear22                Jim, Frank, Sherri ,Daryle           Sarasota FL
  21. SarahB0308
  22. lasekeye                                                                     British Columbia          Cancelation Club Member
  23. Siestakey04                                                                America
  24. barrelracer89                                                              South Carolina

Posted (edited)

Being a Veteran from the 1970's.

Tomorrow,  I'll place a dozen small flags across my lawn to honor all the veteran that gave the ultimate sacrifice.  

Happy Memorial Day 

6d3204ae3fc74cecc14063851900fd6880c052ebf439541512e87ac02b35bb5b-rimg-w526-h296-gmir.jpg

Edited by DD474

Posted (edited)

I borrowed this comment from the March 27th  Mardi Gras Thread.😎

Carnival's motto is "Fun For All-All For Fun". I've added the word ......"Eventually" 😀

I think this is the perfect quote. 

Edited by DD474

Posted (edited)

The Terrible two's are over.😯

Our cruise starts in 199 Days!!

15941103_611529745714432_9194840363327992927_n.jpg

Edited by DD474

The two-person car of the Bolt roller coaster, shown here in a rendering, will twist and turn at speeds up to 37 miles per hour.

Instead of the chains and sprockets of a clicketyclack roller coaster, which pull a car full of people to the top of a track before gravity takes over on the way down, this ride would be more like a motorbike. The two-person car would have controls for the front rider. Just like an electric car, this roller coaster could be virtually silent. And just like an electric car, it could have immediate and powerful acceleration.

The Bolt roller coaster will cover one-third of the aft top deck, winding around the ship’s big exhaust funnel, a deck above the water park, basketball court and mini golf for safety reasons. Its weight and footprint will be less than half the size of a land-based roller coaster, and one circuit on the 656-foot-long track will take only about 20 to 30 seconds. A ride may be two times around—Carnival hasn’t yet decided. Nor has it determined if there will be a reservation system to book a ride or a cost to passengers for riding. The coaster can accommodate 190 riders each hour.

Posted (edited)

America is back in space !!!

America Made !!

Port Carnival 

c4e9c78e-ba20-47e9-9bd5-5c15b87404ae.jpg

70ca899a-eef4-4b87-a9b5-4159cd4c45e8.jpg

Edited by DD474

On 5/30/2020 at 2:43 PM, DD474 said:

America is back in space !!!

America Made !!

Port Carnival 

c4e9c78e-ba20-47e9-9bd5-5c15b87404ae.jpg