Bon Voyage kiwi-cruisers and Marconi on Royal Princess around South America 49 days

4 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

No, I dont think anyone went to the Iguazu Falls from BA as we where very late arriving in to Buenos Aires!

Thanks to some passengers (who did not have the correct paper work for BA), that MSC ship crashing in to each other! and a few other issues!

I am currently writing a big post about this!, so hopefully I will get it up in the next few days!.

Shame, we look forward to your report.

On 2/20/2019 at 2:32 AM, Kiwi_cruiser said:

From my understanding this is Royal Princess first time around South America!

Probably right there, we did it on Golden Princess in 2014 and they also use Star Princess on that run.

Wonderful pics, thanks young Stu.

Edited by NSWP

39 minutes ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Have a look at our AIS track 😉

We did two trips around that ship in the middle as we had to go and pick up some pilots for cape horn.

Thanks for the update . That explains the figure 8 in the bay. Good luck with getting into Stanley. 1367713153_roy8.jpg.84360bfa1c997acaf0cc67710cda0e56.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

A trip to Volunteer Point is a must.

I did the battlefields tour when in Stanley on Golden Princess in March 2014, the boss did retail therapy, albeit only a handful of stores.

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

I did the battlefields tour when in Stanley on Golden Princess in March 2014, the boss did retail therapy, albeit only a handful of stores.

We got to look into the stores as well, one place stood out for me, it was the pub by the dock for a quick local ( which wasn't so local).

Looks like they made it ashore to Stanley in the Falkland Islands all be it overcast and raining. The harbour looks calm. Bet it will be cold there. They will be able to wander around in the village and take a stroll along Margaret Thatcher Drive.

1842525399_roy9falk.jpg.6267fa1e28938cccbc67a6fc2b0284a1.jpg

From AIS you can see the path the tenders take from the ship, into the landing at Stanley

1791607543_roy9falk2.jpg.74021fec01084b1deb46f46ec6182a44.jpg

They were due to sail around The Horn this morning, our time, but the bridge cam shows rough weather and the AIS track has them missing the Horn  and heading for Ushuaia . Perhaps we will get an update from Stu. Shame if they missed the Horn.

They have been as far south as they had intended and are now heading north up the Western side of South America. Looks like it was overcast again in Ushuaia . Now cruising through the Beagle Channel to the Pacific Ocean.

945165256_roy10u.jpg.15829dac1267be6d13bbe2b2593a996d.jpg

2073612861_roy10map.jpg.bcfd8a94f7ab7ba1e0fa6022f5ed97a8.jpg

1951495289_roy1map.thumb.jpg.9f6fe6cef7fd813c3678ae148914b781.jpg