Carnival Dining Package

schazzy

Probably because it isn’t very appealing for a lot of people. You save $8.00 to get non-refundable vouchers and you still need reservations.   Reservations usually aren’t an issue, but I know personally we have planned to go to a speciality restaurant and for one reason or another we ended up not going.  With this offer you  have no choice but to go to the speciality restaurant during the cruise or lose the voucher. 

If you are someone who loves going to speciality restaurants numerous nights on a cruise, then this offer will be appealing to them. 

13 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Probably because it isn’t very appealing for a lot of people.

That hasn't stopped some of JH's other "big brilliant announcements" from being posted here in 3 different threads before :classic_tongue: I just thought it was interesting that Carnival is testing the waters on a dining package.

23 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

You save $8.00 to get non-refundable vouchers and you still need reservations.   Reservations usually aren’t an issue, but I know personally we have planned to go to a speciality restaurant and for one reason or another we ended up not going.  With this offer you  have no choice but to go to the speciality restaurant during the cruise or lose the voucher.  

And I agree with you, I personally am not a big fan of the reservations thing, it's kinda hard to decide a several months to a year in advance if you want to eat in a certain specialty restaurant on a certain night at a certain time and if after you get on the cruise if you still even want to go.  

1 minute ago, bury me at sea said:

Not appealing to me.  It's also not very clear to me.  What does the voucher for the steakhouse represent?  A meal for one person excluding alcoholic drinks?

That's how I'm reading it, $60 per person, so you save $8 on 3 meals.

7 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

I appreciate your posting this news even though I'm not interested in buying the package.

It's always good to be informed.

Yeah, it's probably not something we wouldn't buy either because like PhillyFan pointed out, with it not being refundable, you have to commit yourself to eating at 3 restaurants to save $8, and I know on our upcoming Sunshine cruise, we only are definitely going to do Cuchina and Bonsai, but we are in no hurry to try the steakhouse again.

I do not see the big draw to this package either.  Does the $15 voucher even cover the cost of the other restaurants?

Personally for me, I do not like the steakhouse and will each at Ji Jis 2-3 times a cruise so I will just continue to pay as I go.

22 minutes ago, cccer said:

I do not see the big draw to this package either.  Does the $15 voucher even cover the cost of the other restaurants?

Personally for me, I do not like the steakhouse and will each at Ji Jis 2-3 times a cruise so I will just continue to pay as I go.

And when you add in extra tips for the service staff at 3 venues while maintaining your auto-grats for the included dining options that $8 savings is nothing. Pass.