Cruise Critic Community
thebugz

Which Yacht Club deluxe suite would you pick?

Hello seasoned MSC cruisers!

I have already booked a YC1 on the MSC Seaside, but it looks like tons of rooms opened up on both the 16th and 18th decks. As this is my first cruise, I took the room that MSC's website suggested, but I'm now second guessing and want to ensure I've picked a good cabin. Right now I'm in suite 18039.

Could anyone give me their opinion on which room they'd choose? I am a somewhat heavy sleeper but my boyfriend is not, so I'd prefer a quiet-ish cabin, if possible.

Deck 16

16015, 16012, 16016, 16020, and 16034 (I'm leaning towards this one)

Deck 18

18007, 18015, 18021, 18012, 18016, 18020, 18030, 18036, and 18045

Thanks for any help!

I always try to go with rooms above and rooms below but it doesn't always work out that way.  I do this no mater what the ship, line or location.  On Seaside we are booked in 16005.

Edited by Nymich

1 minute ago, Nymich said:

I always try to go with rooms above and rooms below but it doesn't always work out that way.  I do this no mater what the ship, line or location.

Thanks Nymich! It looks like deck 16 is below...I'm not sure, as there's no deck 17. Deck 18 is the last deck with rooms, I believe. So maybe 16 would be the better option?

I picked 16 because of the rooms above and below.    Cruisedeckplans.com has a really cool tool where you can look at what is above and below.   Allows you to drag the decks etc...…. 

There is no Seventeen.  Italians view the number as unlucky (like we view 13 as unlucky), os they don't use it. 

1 minute ago, JAGR said:

There is no Seventeen.  Italians view the number as unlucky (like we view 13 as unlucky), os they don't use it. 

JAGR,

Yep - I did read that! Pretty cool factoid.

5 minutes ago, JAGR said:

I did not know that......thanks

We were just in 18009.

Around 6:30 on most mornings we did hear a bit of noise from the pool deck above, like chairs being dragged.  It only went on for a few minutes and wasn't a surprise to us, because we'd heard it might happen.  We're also early risers, so it didn't bother us at all.  A heavy sleeper could sleep right thru it.  

Anyone who is booked on 18, don't worry about it.  Even on mornings where we slept in a little, it was so minor, had no problem rolling over and falling back to sleep.  The curtains keep the room very dark, too.  Good for sleeping.

For the ones listed as available, I'd take 16034. 

The reason being that staterooms aft of the Royal Suites have a better view from the balcony. Staterooms forward of the Royal Suites cannot see as much when looking aft because of the bump out of the ship. 16041 and 16026 would be ideal as far a view for a Deluxe Suite. 

I also prefer 16 over 18 because of the potential noise from above and from (if too far aft) noise from the Jungle Pool. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only

11 minutes ago, jules815 said:

We were just in 18009.

Around 6:30 on most mornings we did hear a bit of noise from the pool deck above, like chairs being dragged.  It only went on for a few minutes and wasn't a surprise to us, because we'd heard it might happen.  We're also early risers, so it didn't bother us at all.  A heavy sleeper could sleep right thru it.  

Anyone who is booked on 18, don't worry about it.  Even on mornings where we slept in a little, it was so minor, had no problem rolling over and falling back to sleep.  The curtains keep the room very dark, too.  Good for sleeping.

Jules,

Thanks for the information! Good to know that the curtains keep the room dark. I am one of those people that cannot sleep when there's too much light!

3 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

For the ones listed as available, I'd take 16034. 

The reason being that staterooms aft of the Royal Suites have a better view from the balcony. Staterooms forward of the Royal Suites cannot see as much when looking aft because of the bump out of the ship. 16041 and 16026 would be ideal as far a view for a Deluxe Suite. 

Thanks! This makes sense. Do you think 16034 would have a decent view as well?

5 minutes ago, thebugz said:

Jules,

Thanks for the information! Good to know that the curtains keep the room dark. I am one of those people that cannot sleep when there's too much light!

It's so dark, there were a few mornings where we slept in a little (7:30ish), and when we opened up the curtain, it was like a blast of sunlight in the face.  So dark that I still had to be careful not to trip over the extension cord for my husband's CPAP that was across the floor.  The a/c worked well too.  Good for sleeping.

4 minutes ago, thebugz said:

Thanks! This makes sense. Do you think 16034 would have a decent view as well?

Here is a picture taken from the Topsail Lounge outdoor area....

bmSSH4B87R.JPG

...which shows how the forward Deluxe Suites can see aft but are partially blocked by the bump out. You can get an idea of what 16034 would see. All of the views are good but the ones aft of the bump out are a little better. For most people, it's not an issue no matter where the Deluxe Suite is. 

We always like the Starboard side of the ship on deck 16. Direct corridor into Top Sail Lounge.

5 hours ago, niehauscr said:

We always like the Starboard side of the ship on deck 16. Direct corridor into Top Sail Lounge.

I'd book in that spot.  I paid particular attention to that area with the doorway into the corridor, and it wasn't ever busy.  I know that's a question that comes up often here.  

I would choose 16034 for the following reasons.

Prefer cabins above and below which deck 16 gives you.

Only 2 cabins further along the corridor so not a lot of foot traffic past the cabin.

Cabin situated on the hump (we had similar last year) which offers views forward and backward. 

We are looking at roughly the same room options on a different date. I had thought about 16034, but I thought I had read somewhere that there was a Yacht Club door right across the hall. We are SUPER light sleepers - even with ear plugs, and I was wondering if anyone had any insight into where the non-cabin Yacht Club doors are located on the 16th floor. Thanks again!

We were in 16034 last September.  The location is wonderful and extremely quiet. My husband is an extremely light sleeper, and he had no issues. The doors are much closer to 16036, but are set back so far from the cabins that they shouldn’t be an issue even for that cabin.  16034 has a wall across the hall.  

5 hours ago, Deb B said:

We were in 16034 last September.  The location is wonderful and extremely quiet. My husband is an extremely light sleeper, and he had no issues. The doors are much closer to 16036, but are set back so far from the cabins that they shouldn’t be an issue even for that cabin.  16034 has a wall across the hall.  

Awesome! That's good to know. What was the balcony view like?

View was great.  I went through all of my pictures but didn’t really have one from the balcony that shows any of the ship at all. I guess that means it’s a clear view!