Owners Panoramic Suite or Grand Panoramic Suite on Oasis/Allure

jgoodm

Hi All,

I would love some feedback from anyone that has actually stayed in both of these cabins?  I have staying in a Grand Panoramic on Oasis and I loved the room.  The two dislikes I had were:

(1) In order to reduce noise from the Coastal Kitchen a double door (false door) was placed in the main hallway which blocks off 1758 and 1756.  So to get to the room, you go through that false door and then you are in a foyer where you have the regular doors for 1758 and 1756.  The thing I didn't like was the false door in the hallway  is where the doorbell for the GP Suite is but the do not disturb sign goes on the actual door inside the foyer.  So what happens is anyone who is bringing something to the suite rings the bell not knowing you do not want to be disturbed.  I found this irritating after a while because in Star Class they bring you things so often.

(2) The smell from the kitchen, not sure if that was Windjammer below or Coastal next door (though I eventually got used to it and didn't consider a deal breaker by any means).

So the question is (for anyone who has stayed in both suites), is the Owners Panoramic worth the $1,400 more they charge for it?  I don't mind spending the money if I am really getting value but I never actually saw the Owners Panoramic so I have no idea...

Thanks!

J.

I will be interested in hearing these responses, too.  I have stayed in neither yet but have the GPS (Oasis) booked for this coming Dec.  Is the balcony as small as it looks ?  That is rather disappointing.  Having been in the 2 BR ATS and a both of the Star Lofts, which all have HUGE balconies, I am a little concerned about the GLS.  We enjoy eating on the balcony but it doesn't look as if there is even a table out there !

I know what you mean about constant interruptions.  We will be on Anthem in 2 weeks for B2B Star Class combo (2 different Grand Loft Suites).  When the Genie first contacted us (we have the same Genie for both segments but must change suites) I asked her to PLEASE try and coordinate the deliveries and minimize the interruptions.  I know that they don't have control of everyone who comes through but it sure seems as if we are jumping up every 5 minutes for someone either coming, going or calling. My husband doesn't even like sailing in Star Class for this reason alone.

I wonder if the balcony is as small on the OPS.  That room is still available on our December cruise.  If the balcony is better, I may switch to that one.

Just now, RFerrington said:

I will be interested in hearing these responses, too.  I have stayed in neither yet but have the GPS (Oasis) booked for this coming Dec.  Is the balcony as small as it looks ?  That is rather disappointing.  Having been in the 2 BR ATS and a both of the Star Lofts, which all have HUGE balconies, I am a little concerned about the GLS.  We enjoy eating on the balcony but it doesn't look as if there is even a table out there !

I know what you mean about constant interruptions.  We will be on Anthem in 2 weeks for B2B Star Class combo (2 different Grand Loft Suites).  When the Genie first contacted us (we have the same Genie for both segments but must change suites) I asked her to PLEASE try and coordinate the deliveries and minimize the interruptions.  I know that they don't have control of everyone who comes through but it sure seems as if we are jumping up every 5 minutes for someone either coming, going or calling. My husband doesn't even like sailing in Star Class for this reason alone.

I wonder if the balcony is as small on the OPS.  That room is still available on our December cruise.  If the balcony is better, I may switch to that one.

I loved the GPS.  The view from the bed can't be matched elsewhere on the ship.  The balcony is indeed small.  There are two small drink tables at the foot of the loungers (can't even fit them on the sides because the loungers are side by side parallel to the ship).  The kids loved the jacuzzi though.  I never used it.  I did use the loungers a lot but if you are looking for a big balcony, this room is not for you.  

12 minutes ago, jgoodm said:

I loved the GPS.  The view from the bed can't be matched elsewhere on the ship.  The balcony is indeed small.  There are two small drink tables at the foot of the loungers (can't even fit them on the sides because the loungers are side by side parallel to the ship).  The kids loved the jacuzzi though.  I never used it.  I did use the loungers a lot but if you are looking for a big balcony, this room is not for you.  

Thanks !  Let's see what someone who has stayed in the OPS says.  Maybe I will switch over if the balcony is bigger on that one.  The views are bound to be similar.  I wonder if it has the same situation with the double doors.  It seems as if the layout is pretty much the same....maybe just a big bigger ?  I really don't know.  I've never even seen pix of the OPS.

My question is quite a bit more nuanced based on my complaints (to the extent they're complaints) than those videos and would take an answer from someone who has stayed in both.  Were you directing those videos to me?

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

Thanks !  Let's see what someone who has stayed in the OPS says.  Maybe I will switch over if the balcony is bigger on that one.  The views are bound to be similar.  I wonder if it has the same situation with the double doors.  It seems as if the layout is pretty much the same....maybe just a big bigger ?  I really don't know.  I've never even seen pix of the OPS.

I guess it was directed to another CC colleague.  Happy and Safe travels.

Pam

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

I just mentioned this to my wife and she agreed. I forgot about it but there are CONSTANT interruptions. Someone was always in our suite. Only thing we didn’t like about Star Class. You can mitigate in various ways but you shouldn’t have to. 

I looked at 2 different videos of the GPS and OPS.  I honestly could not tell see much difference at all.  Obviously the OPS is a bit bigger but other than that, I couldn't see anything that would be worth more money to me.  There are just 2 of us.  How much room can we really need ?  The balcony on the OPS didn't look an inch bigger than the GPS.  Based on what I saw, I don't think I would be willing to pay any more money for the OPS over the GPS.

On 2/2/2019 at 9:10 AM, RFerrington said:

I looked at 2 different videos of the GPS and OPS.  I honestly could not tell see much difference at all.  Obviously the OPS is a bit bigger but other than that, I couldn't see anything that would be worth more money to me.  There are just 2 of us.  How much room can we really need ?  The balcony on the OPS didn't look an inch bigger than the GPS.  Based on what I saw, I don't think I would be willing to pay any more money for the OPS over the GPS.

I am pretty sure the “complaints” I had are the only major differences. But, confirming that from someone who has actually stayed in both cabins is the only way to really find out. I went ahead and booked the OPS for December so if I remember this thread, I’ll report back my observations. 

The room size difference is about 100 feet if I’m not mistaken. Figure the foyer that is part of the OPS instead of being outside the GPS is about 10 to 11 feet by 5 feet and foyer being part of the OPS is roughly half the size difference alone between the rooms. I don’t think the rest is going to be very noticeable. The balcony is definitely not going o be different as a matter of exterior ship design. However, I wouldn’t discount the things I mentioned above as annoyances in the GPS. Something about those two things bothered me more than once every day. 

• Like 1