Odyssey of the Seas Blocks are in the House

Lloyd555

1 minute ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Yes I’m aware they aren’t listed in any planner. I’m seeking a full list of all restaurants. Maybe I’ll need to wait. Thank you 

Unless they add a couple of surprises they’ve listed them.  The ones in the planner plus Playmakers and El Loco Fresh.  Playmakers is going in the Seaplex and my guess would be that El Loco goes where the Old Johnny Rockets was.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sergioag said:

What is that?

FlowRider, RipCord and audience shade provider (see below) pieces being placed in cargo ship hold for delivery to the shipyard. 

20200609_110415.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Like 2

On 6/8/2020 at 9:58 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Listed on the cruise planner for sale are;

Wonderland

Chops

Izumi

Hibachi

Chefs Table 

Giovanni’s Table

Solarium Bistro (free)

The one odd one on that list that I can't find listed on mine is Hibachi. Can you confirm where you saw that?

We just recently rebooked on a Jan 2021 sailing on Odyssey after losing our late March sailing on Freedom this year and was really looking forward to going to the Hibachi restaurant as it is one of my brother and I's favorite restaurants. I do see Teppanyaki on my cruise planner but not sure what the similarity/differences are or if it is just something else entirely.

Just now, cr08 said:

The one odd one on that list that I can't find listed on mine is Hibachi. Can you confirm where you saw that?

We just recently rebooked on a Jan 2021 sailing on Odyssey after losing our late March sailing on Freedom this year and was really looking forward to going to the Hibachi restaurant as it is one of my brother and I's favorite restaurants. I do see Teppanyaki on my cruise planner but not sure what the similarity/differences are or if it is just something else entirely.

It’s in my cruise planner and I have reservations. It’s actually called Teppanyaki (sp?)

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It’s in my cruise planner and I have reservations. It’s actually called Teppanyaki (sp?)

2 minutes ago, hallux said:

I believe that's correct.  Odd that RCI is getting one named that, NCL has a venue by that name on a few of the newer ships in the fleet...

Aha. So yeah, I have that on my CP too. Upon reading into it a bit further and the differences, this is what I have come to know (mistakenly) in the past as a Hibachi restaurant. Teppanyaki is more the actual term for cooking on the flat iron griddle that most of these restaurants use. So would make sense for multiple cruise lines to use it generically if not creating their own trademark.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 9:58 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Listed on the cruise planner for sale are;

Wonderland

Chops

Izumi

Hibachi

Chefs Table 

Giovanni’s Table

Solarium Bistro (free)

Bizarre- the only one I cannot see is Giovanni's Table, which we want to book.... 😞 not sailing till Feb 2021. Hopeful it will appear soon enough. 

Hibachi/Teppanyaki is probably just a part of Izumi. I think when we did Vision years ago they sold the restaurant as hibachi, despite them not actually offering that style in the Izumi on the ship (that was clearly an add on built in what was a lounge or something... haha, kinda dumpy)  

21 minutes ago, koolZip said:

RCCL may need to trademark "White Elephant of the Seas".

If they were going to do that it would have come with the Oasis class ships.  This Quantum, even as a Quantum-Plus ship is still smaller than those...

18 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Crap, I forgot we had free dinner reservations.  

Now it's definitely going to get cancelled