Odyssey of the Seas Blocks are in the House

Lloyd555

2 hours ago, gmerick said:

Something for speculation:  Is this an interior 3-cabin suite?

image.png.fc9c865674f0a17bb10fcaf5ea1e50e6.png

It's interesting that the space in between those cabins is white and not greyed out. Also that opening makes you wonder what could it be. Then there is the white area next to 7713 that makes you go hmmm, crew utility/storage area? 

Talk about jogging my memory. I somehow remembered someone asking about those cabins on another Quantum-class ship on another social media site. It turns out that it was Anthem of the Seas back in 2015.

(Quantum of the Seas doesn't have them.)

1260137330_3cabins.thumb.jpg.5958a5e600a2782cc115cce83234b50f.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

Talk about jogging my memory. I somehow remembered someone asking about those cabins on another Quantum-class ship on another social media site. It turns out that it was Anthem of the Seas back in 2015.

(Quantum of the Seas doesn't have them.)

1260137330_3cabins.thumb.jpg.5958a5e600a2782cc115cce83234b50f.jpg

Great memory.  Thanks for clarifying.

10 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

She must be getting close to floatout from building Hall 6. Any idea when that is scheduled to happen?

That likely depends on when the shipyard needs to move the megabolck for AIDACosma being built in front of Odyssey.

1 minute ago, hallux said:

"needs to" or "is able to"?

I see no need to move Odyssey until she's finished or they need to move her to move the AidaCosma block (when it's finished enough to move) - I think the latter will happen before the former.

14 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That likely depends on when the shipyard needs to move the megabolck for AIDACosma being built in front of Odyssey.

Good point on that. And I guess they are in no hurry to start on the next ship build after AidaCosma since most if not all upcoming deliveries are intentionally delayed.

Just now, Tall-Cruiser said:

And I guess they are in no hurry to start on the next ship build after AidaCosma since most if not all upcoming deliveries are intentionally delayed.

For Odyssey, only AidaCosma work matters and there seemed to be good progress on the forward megablock.

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

For Odyssey, only AidaCosma work matters and there seemed to be good progress on the forward megablock.

Thanks to the photos from Lloyd we can see some of that progress you note as the Webcam has not been updated for some time now. 

20 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

@Lloyd555 - Thanks for the photo updates. She must be getting close to floatout from building Hall 6. Any idea when that is scheduled to happen? Thanks.

I asked in the Meyer Werft Fanclub on FB, and got one response that said that they don't announce the float out date now because they don't want people to gather like they usually do. 

2 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

I asked in the Meyer Werft Fanclub on FB, and got one response that said that they don't announce the float out date now because they don't want people to gather like they usually do. 

I can see the sense in doing that given these unusual times we are all in. Thanks

11 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

Exactly, they want to avoid crowds right now and therefore they did not announce the float out of the Spirit of Adventure or the Ems river conveyance of the Spirit of Adventure. So - if nothing changes - it´s pretty likely that the float out of the Odyssey won´t be announced either.

steamboats

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steamboats said:

Exactly, they want to avoid crowds right now and therefore they did not announce the float out of the Spirit of Adventure or the Ems river conveyance of the Spirit of Adventure. So - if nothing changes - it´s pretty likely that the float out of the Odyssey won´t be announced either.

steamboats

.......as Lloyd has posted earlier......