Odyssey of the Seas Blocks are in the House

Lloyd555

12 hours ago, island lady said:

Me too.  Not meeting the beautiful lady until early 2022.  Hopefully cruising will have a chance at semi normal by then.  

January 23 2022 for me  thats the thing that worries me will they be able to fill the ship or will they have to do half capacity and if they do half how will they determine who will get to go 

4 hours ago, dalee21860 said:

January 23 2022 for me  thats the thing that worries me will they be able to fill the ship or will they have to do half capacity and if they do half how will they determine who will get to go 

My best guess is that the vaccines will work and by the fall of 2021 there will be enough evidence of trends so the CDC doesn't extend the CSO meaning capacity restrictions and other protocols can be lifted in November. 

I had a January 2022 cruise booked that I was hoping would be my first mostly normal cruise experience post-pandemic.  Then Royal chartered the ship.   The positive spin is that even the chartering company is expecting cruises to be mostly normal by then otherwise why would they charter the ship?

On 12/14/2020 at 1:44 PM, dalee21860 said:

Eventually you will very likely only be able to cruise if you are Vaccinated and by Q4 2021 we might see cruising to go back to full capacity with possible some restrictions but mostly back to a experience before COVID, but this will only be possible if you are only allowed to board if you are vaccinated.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hallux said:

That is the view facing forward, isn't the screen at the aft end of the pool deck, with the screen facing forward, on her sister ships?

The screen is on the port side.

We'll have to keep an eye out for it on the Meyer Werft webcam.

20201225_081659.jpg

20201225_083541.thumb.jpg.c2ed4f3187f5b5161b2d97bc7dcc5041.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Like 1