Odyssey of the Seas Blocks are in the House

Lloyd555

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, but the thing to the right is the Solarium roof and other Odyssey parts.

Yup. that is indeed why I posted that webcam image. Speaking of Odyssey parts, here's a nice photo by visitor Michael Marx of a piece of the forward cabins. 

Michael Marx 1.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, molly361 said:

What type of obstruction are there with the balcony cabins and are some more obstructed than not? 

Should be the same as all Quantum class - discussed in plenty of Anthem threads - basically anything on deck 6.

• 3 weeks later...

Lloyd - Yes not a lot change that we can see but, I think that this time of the year with the holidays, things do slow down a bit at the yard.

It may be too early in the build stage for Odyssey but, do you have any close-up photos of the very last side aft balcony cabins on either Port or Starboard side for Spectrum OTS that you could please share? Checking some things, as some of the aft balcony cabins will be the same as Odyssey. Thanks

5 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

It may be too early in the build stage for Odyssey but, do you have any close-up photos of the very last side aft balcony cabins on either Port or Starboard side for Spectrum OTS that you could please share?

Check the Spectrum thread like this one - pics there.

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Check the Spectrum thread like this one - pics there.

Thanks. I did and found one with the right profile that was almost what I wanted to see except the area was covered with scaffolding. Others were slightly on an angle so could not quite see the exact balcony from deck 8 up to 13. 

image.jpeg

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

2 hours ago, Cruise for vacation said:

It’s almost sold out, I suggest you think quickly.  Also they are not taking a waiting list, I was trying to get DD a cabin.

oh yeah. O-H-I-O go Buckeyes, I see you are from Michigan 🤣

Currently onboard Rhapsody.  Thinking of using the reduced deposit by booking onboard.  GO BLUE!

Has anyone seen the cabin configuration or layout for any of the aft J1 Junior Suites? The description on the RCI web site is a general one and mostly for the J1 on deck 6 of other Quantum class and Spectrum OTS. In looking at the deck plans, I don't think the J1s on deck 6 are the exact same size as those on the aft of decks 10, 11 or 12.  By the way, Spectrum OTS has similar J1s but I couldn't find a single photo or video of any. So if you have any info on these J1s that you could share I would appreciate it. Thanks 

40 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Has anyone seen the cabin configuration or layout for any of the aft J1 Junior Suites? The description on the RCI web site is a general one and mostly for the J1 on deck 6 of other Quantum class and Spectrum OTS. In looking at the deck plans, I don't think the J1s on deck 6 are the exact same size as those on the aft of decks 10, 11 or 12.  By the way, Spectrum OTS has similar J1s but I couldn't find a single photo or video of any. So if you have any info on these J1s that you could share I would appreciate it. Thanks 

So funny cause I called RCL about this very cabin yesterday! It was missing from their website for the 3/26/22 sailing, but was visible on many other websites. Anyway, she was showing available J1 rooms in her system but did not understand why they were missing from RCL website.

I did ask her for more info about these Junior Suite Aft cabins (can hold up to 4 people). These are AFT CORNER Jr J1 suites...there are also aft regular junior J4 suites. She said J1 will be 276 sq ft room size plus 161 sq ft balcony...as opposed to 267 sq ft of regular junior suites. She even said RCL OWN’s WEBSITE had the regular junior suite square ft wrong! Their own website says 301 sq ft. 

Now, I don’t know whether to believe her or not...

55 minutes ago, TravelMommyof2 said:

So funny cause I called RCL about this very cabin yesterday! It was missing from their website for the 3/26/22 sailing, but was visible on many other websites. Anyway, she was showing available J1 rooms in her system but did not understand why they were missing from RCL website.

I did ask her for more info about these Junior Suite Aft cabins (can hold up to 4 people). These are AFT CORNER Jr J1 suites...there are also aft regular junior J4 suites. She said J1 will be 276 sq ft room size plus 161 sq ft balcony...as opposed to 267 sq ft of regular junior suites. She even said RCL OWN’s WEBSITE had the regular junior suite square ft wrong! Their own website says 301 sq ft. 

Now, I don’t know whether to believe her or not...

Thanks for your feedback. Funny indeed and I'm not the only one curious about these Aft J1 Junior Suites. I have had a similar conversation with another agent who mentioned the same script about the J1s. I asked her to please pull out a deck plan to look at the J3s on deck 9, the J4s mid ship, the 2 J1s on deck 6 and compare that to any aft J1 on 10, 11 or 12. She then said after looking that the info on the website and showing in their system must not be right since the aft J1 cabins interior space according to the  deck plans appear larger. Assuming that most of the cabins on th deck plans are relatively drawn to the same scale, then yes the aft J1 do appear bigger but the balcony is no way 161 sq ft either.  I also asked if these aft J1s had 1 or 2 baths but no information was available. Someone has to know. 

I was also hoping that the aft J1s would have a side balcony similar to some of the aft suites on Anthem. While possible, I'm not sure it will happen if they do the same as on Spectrum which doesn't appear to have it from photos I've seen thus far. May be they'll surprise us :classic_biggrin:

@Tall-Cruiser you’re right! I don’t think anyone really knows about these staterooms yet. I DID notice there was no mention of Spa Junior Suites whatsoever, only Spa Oceanview balconies. Also from RCL website all Jr suites have only one bathroom on this ship.

I guess we have to wait for either RCL to put a video up of these rooms or at least a real life video of the aft of the ship when it’s nearing end of construction. I’m excited! 

@TravelMommyof2 - I am excited too. I have followed the Quantum Class construction since the beginning but haven't had a chance to sail on this class yet. Had a booking on Quantum one time but had to cancel once they changed the itinerary. 

On this ship there are no Spa Junior Suites. They are all now J4s and mostly mid ship. There are a few also at the aft next to J1s. See photo of Spectrum OTS courtesy Getty Imges. Another attachéd photo of the aft starboard side of Spectrum, courtesy Andreas Depping.

image.png

image.jpeg

Hopefully RCI will update their website and info on these cabins soon. 

image.png

Edited by Tall-Cruiser
  • Thanks 1