18 month old excursion suggestions!!!

Camuy82

I have decided to go to a resort for the day. It’s called Bay Gardens. I would consider something like that myself. It’s a very child friendly resort. The transportation to and from the resort is included as well.

You could do a land tour but it would involve a prolonged time in the car and if car sickness is an issue for any of you that could be a problem when touring St. Lucia.

I think 18 months is a tough age to take a child on a catamaran trip myself so I wouldn’t recommend that.

48 minutes ago, Karysa said:

I have decided to go to a resort for the day. It’s called Bay Gardens. I would consider something like that myself. It’s a very child friendly resort. The transportation to and from the resort is included as well.

You could do a land tour but it would involve a prolonged time in the car and if car sickness is an issue for any of you that could be a problem when touring St. Lucia.

I think 18 months is a tough age to take a child on a catamaran trip myself so I wouldn’t recommend that.

Thank you! What is included at the resort? And where did ou book the trip?

12 hours ago, Camuy82 said:

Thank you! What is included at the resort? And where did ou book the trip?

It was from resort for a day

Cost is $95

includes:

transportation both ways, lunch, 4 drinks and either a 25 minute massage or 2 non motorized water sports or 1/2 day at the inflatable water sports park and use of beach and chairs/pool and chairs 

Edited by Karysa

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2019 at 7:57 AM, Karysa said:

Do you happen to know whether they would have car seats? We also have a 16-month old, and are looking for something to do in St. Lucia. We weren't planning on bringing our car seat with us, and were considering just staying on the ship.

2 hours ago, dcipjr said:

Do you happen to know whether they would have car seats? We also have a 16-month old, and are looking for something to do in St. Lucia. We weren't planning on bringing our car seat with us, and were considering just staying on the ship.

No we were suggested to bring a car seat so we bought a cheap one for travel only. It’s pretty lightweight. We are waiting Til on the ship to book st Lucia , don’t think there is much we can do there other than a beach day

If you book the excursion there is a place to write a comment. Write that you have a toddler and ask if they can provide a car seat. My guess would be yes but if you don’t ask them to bring one they probably won’t have one in the vehicle.

On 2/18/2019 at 3:06 PM, dcipjr said:

dcipjr, I emailed Resorts for a day, and was told that car seats are not available.  

As far as bringing your own car seat is concerned, you need to be aware of 2 things-

Seat belts in the islands are not necessarily the same as in the States in the way that they lock.  So fastening the car seat may be problematic.  Moreover, I was told that unless you pay for bringing the baby, they will not even guarantee a spot for the little one in the van, the parent may have to hold him or her on their lap.   I think that it is about a 1/2 hour ride to the resort (not sure of that though), we were considering going there with our 2 year old grandson, but Mom and Dad were not comfortable holding him on their lap for that long a drive.

We went to Viggie beach, a 5 minute drive from the pier with him buckled in a seat belt.  No regrets, we loved it there and would highly recommend it, everything we needed was there.

Bob