Cruise Critic Community
Emptynest17

Free Specialty Dining

Our cruise booking came with 1 night of free specialty dining. We will be on the LOTS. Any recommendations?

Your options would be Chops, Giovanni's, and Sabor.  Out of these three, I would say Chops.

another vote for Gio'

at least here there were some choices that didn't appear on the regular menus ... you can get the chops steak in the regular dining room (for an upcharge) and most of the appetizers where just tweeked from the ones on the regular dinner menu

Gio had some different stuff and even here dw said her filet of beef was BETTER than the one she had in Chops last time out . . .

I would pick Giovanni’s.

We had a free dinner there and one at Johnny Rockets from our big box travel agent.  I printed the email with the information not knowing how it would work.  It was a good thing I did since they both wanted to see the coupon.  I explained that we didn’t have any coupons and showed them the email.  That was enough for them.  So, make sure you have what ever documentation with you.

I have never done Giovannis but I have been to the other two. I would not choose Sabor, it was OK at best. Chops is a steakhouse, Giovannis is Italian. 

Is Giovanni’s better than Jamie’s,because we just come off the ovation and Jamie’s was no worth going to.

They mostly had bread and pasta,no steak,chicken,some seafood but it wasn’t good.

31 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Is Giovanni’s better than Jamie’s,because we just come off the ovation and Jamie’s was no worth going to.

They mostly had bread and pasta,no steak,chicken,some seafood but it wasn’t good.

Their menus are quite different.

4 hours ago, ATG said:

I would pick Giovanni’s.

We had a free dinner there and one at Johnny Rockets from our big box travel agent.  I printed the email with the information not knowing how it would work.  It was a good thing I did since they both wanted to see the coupon.  I explained that we didn’t have any coupons and showed them the email.  That was enough for them.  So, make sure you have what ever documentation with you.

Agree, ALWAYS bring paper document copies. This day and age everyone tries rely on Digital. 2 times past year computers didn't show what my paperwork did. I carry backup Air, Hotel, and all Cruise...

Have eaten at all three, and enjoyed them all!  Chops would probably be my first choice, then Gio, and Sabor.  We didn't care for Jamie's as much either.  It was OK, but like Giovanni's much better.