Courtyard Hotel-Santiago???

teacherman

Have any of you stayed at the Courtyard Hotel in Santiago?  It gets very good ratings, but seems a bit far from the "tourist" area.  We will only be there for 2 nights before our cruise, and will not have a lot of time to see the city.  Maybe we will just get a tour guide to show us around.  Any information/advice is welcome.  Thank you.

I have not stayed at the Courtyard Hotel in Santiago, but having just been in Santiago post-cruise, we did a tour of the city; the Courtyard Hotel (looking on Google maps) is over in the "newer" part of the city, and 30 minute drive approximately, from the government buildings, cathedral, plazas, etc. that you might want to see.  Personally I would not stay over there unless I were a business person, needing to be in that neighborhood.

We stayed at the Hotel Plaza San Francisco, on Avenida Bernardo O'Higgins, in a very good central location.  Service is excellent,  concierge desk very helpful (including foreign exchange).

• Like 2

We stayed in the Sheraton Convention Centre, Santiago, arranged by Princess prior to our cruise.It was perhaps more expensive than some hotels but our price included a good breakfast. The hotel is in walking distance of the main shopping centre and there is a bus stop for the hop on/off bus just outside the hotel. We also used the Princess transfer to San Antonio.

Hi Reina Del Mar -  we are staying at the Sheraton precruise before our upcoming cruise.  We also have the Princess transfer to the Star Princess.  What time did you leave the hotel to go to the ship?  I keep reading about boarding according to your cabin deck.  Did you have to wait for the time allotted to your deck?

I also did not stay at the courtyard, but did stay at Renaissance hotel which is close by.  We are Marriott elite so we’re treated well at a good price.  Near the courtyard is a large mall where the Touristikservice hop on hop off bus starts.  They also start other tours from there.

we enjoyed the quietness of the area. Very modern, with lots of choices for hotels or food.