Oasis Teen Club Questions

I am wondering if anyone has some feedback, info, advice on the teen club on the Oasis. What is there for kids to do? How late is it usually open? Did your teen(s) go and have a fun time? Any body have a relatively shy teen that went and enjoyed it? Any recommendations for activities to do that are offered? Thanks.

Have your teen go the firs5 night at 8:00. All the kids will be new and it will be much easier to meet people and form a group that night.

There  were nights that they had dances, proms and get together that went until 1:00am. Most of the time the kids just met up, hung out and did their own thing.  They do have various activities planned...sports court, flowrider, rock climbing etc.

On 2/2/2019 at 4:02 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Have your teen go the firs5 night at 8:00. All the kids will be new and it will be much easier to meet people and form a group that night.

There  were nights that they had dances, proms and get together that went until 1:00am. Most of the time the kids just met up, hung out and did their own thing.  They do have various activities planned...sports court, flowrider, rock climbing etc.

I have been wondering about this also - what if you have late seating dinner and they can't be there at 8:00? It looked like there were also events a little later - do you think it's worth having them miss dinner in the MDR the first night to meet everyone? 

49 minutes ago, RhinoMomIL said:

I have been wondering about this also - what if you have late seating dinner and they can't be there at 8:00? It looked like there were also events a little later - do you think it's worth having them miss dinner in the MDR the first night to meet everyone? 

I'd seriously consider that, because the first night is important for the teens to make friends.

1 hour ago, RhinoMomIL said:

My teens have left dinner part way through to be there.  Perhaps the WJ is an option for the teen that night?

the teen club is less structured so it is vital to be there the first night, both to meet the other kids and for the counselors to get a feel for what they want to do.  curfew is 1 am unless in the company of an adult or in an authorized activity( such as  a late night scavenger hunt or something)  

14 minutes ago, aktravelguru said:

Ugh! We booked Cats for the first night and I am guessing you cannot come into that performance late. So guessing she either misses all of Cats or the meet and greet - neither is a good option:(

You can enter at the intermission.  From what I've read here, there is a good selection of seats after the intermission.

• Like 1

Luckily I was able to solve the problem by juggling show reservations and dinner reservations so she can go to the teen meet and greet and overall i like our new plan better anyway. thanks for letting us know about the meet and greet and suggestions. One month and counting!

• Like 1

While I can't speak about the Oasis, we were on the Mariner last summer.  My daughter had just turned 12 is she is pretty shy until she gets to know someone.

We took her to the teen club the first night for the meet and greet.  We met the workers there left our daughter with a prearranged time and place to meet.  They did several ice breakers and she made a few friends easily.

She left dinner after the main course each night, skipping desert, so she could go to the teen club.  She was usually there until closing which was between 12-1.  

They did scavenger hunts, movie night, prom night, dance parties, etc.  The workers there spoke great english and were very active in the activities. 

Some nights, I picked her up at the club and some nights she met us back at the room.  That would depend on each child and their maturity level.

On Coco cay, we got her the excursion with the water trampoline and whatnot and she did that with the teen club workers and participants.  

She wants to go back so that's a good sign.  I recommend giving it a try, but you REALLY need to attend the icebreaker night 1.

My daughter was 15 yo last summer on our Western Med cruise.   We got on the ship, she went to the teen club, and essentially we didn't see her the rest of the cruise, except for excursions.    The teens don't need scheduled events, as they sit around socializing the entire time.  They travel in groups, they eat together, they go to the pools, etc. together.  We only ate with our daughter in Wonderland (our only specialty restaurant reservation).   Your teen will meet plenty of other teens - although I don't know your dates or itineraries, I don't think it would matter.  Many teens on our cruise didn't even speak the same languages and it didn't matter.  There is a teen club where they meet, but   I saw my teen all over the ship with her group.   In fact, I was in bed before my daughter.   There is also a curfew usually so they do have to come back to the cabin eventually!    I have an only child who has to meet other teens otherwise its mom and dad only - I think the teens have a great time.  

I am glad to read that someone else has a shy daughter and so I was a bit worried she might not meet anyone but it sounds like the workers try to get kids to interact which is great. I think she will enjoy herself more if she can hang with someone from her own peer group that just with Mom and Dad:) . Thanks again.