Radiance of the Seas Upgrade 2020?

With some of the best features from other Royal Caribbean ships, Radiance offers plenty of diversity while maintaining an intimate vibe afforded by its modest size. (Note: An extensive upgrade is scheduled for 2020.)

Has anyone else got info on this? What will the upgrade include?

If it's true and a descent upgrade it would work out perfectly as I'm considering doing the B2B that goes all the way around Australia in 2021 for my 40th birthday.

It would be my 5th cruise with Royal, 2nd time solo, 1st B2B and first time on Radiance. My first cruise was on Rhapsody of the Seas - is Radiance similar?

Thanks and happy cruising.

Edited by Mike From Syd

20 hours ago, Mike From Syd said:

With some of the best features from other Royal Caribbean ships, Radiance offers plenty of diversity while maintaining an intimate vibe afforded by its modest size. (Note: An extensive upgrade is scheduled for 2020.)

What will the upgrade include?

Extensive is rather subjective- might be just a mild refreshing like carpet. 

Has it been announced they are offering a circumnavigation for 2021?  We are booked on the 2020 circumnavigation.  The prices have more than doubled since we booked.  It is crazy.  There is a slight possibility we won't be able to take it in 2020 so would appreciate any information on the 2021.  It is my understanding this is only offered every few years.

I wont know for sure FlorenceItaly until the Australian 2020/21 season becomes available on March 18th.

If it is not or I consider it too expensive or the solo cabins book out fast - I'm sure they will there are only 3 on Radiance ATM, I will just book a different B2B from Sydney.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm curious as well. If they are booking 2020 sailings already, the refurb would come after that, correct? We booked Hawaii to Vancouver in May 2020, then I'm guessing they would have the regular Alaska season, and maybe refurb after that?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 3/1/2019 at 8:31 AM, TwinMamainMN said:

I'm curious as well. If they are booking 2020 sailings already, the refurb would come after that, correct? We booked Hawaii to Vancouver in May 2020, then I'm guessing they would have the regular Alaska season, and maybe refurb after that?

May 5th for us.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/19/2019 at 4:57 AM, dl6996 said:

maybe the refurbishment will be after the Alaska season in 2020 and before arrival in Brisbane

Any idea on more specific timing?  I'm booked in Sep 2020 from Japan to Singapore.  Curious I'll sail before/after refurb. 

27 minutes ago, akke29 said:

Any idea on more specific timing?  I'm booked in Sep 2020 from Japan to Singapore.  Curious I'll sail before/after refurb. 

I would suggest you will be the last cruise before dry dock, which is likely to be in Singapore. She would then sail from Singapore to Brisbane to commence her season there.

There is normally 1 circumnavigation of Australia each year which has been on the Radiance for a number of years. It goes via Indonesia (Bali) and New Zealand so that each of the 2 separate cruises an international cruise and they can sell duty free alcohol and other items.

23 hours ago, Balsam12 said:

I would suggest you will be the last cruise before dry dock, which is likely to be in Singapore. She would then sail from Singapore to Brisbane to commence her season there.

Makes sense.  We dock in Singapore on Oct 1st and the next cruise appears to not sail until Nov 4th, on a repositioning cruise to Brisbane.  

Edited by akke29

• 1 year later...