Webcam wave

Moerin78

I can't help with the Koningsdam, sorry.  I will be on the NS in a week and am planning for our group to be on the port side "tail" above the Lido deck.  I think the Koningsdam is similar so you might try there.  Why not watch a few Koningsdam sailaways before your departure to see what spots will work?

As for knowing when the camera is on you, you don't (unless you happen to be watching on your device instead of waving and enjoying).  You wave at the building where the webcam is located and hope they got you (there's a pic of the building on the website).  You do have to request that they zoom in on you through their website and tell them where you'll be.  If you don't make the request, they'll likely gloss over you.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

33 minutes ago, Moerin78 said:

Koningsdam, Port Everglades. Plus how do you know if the camera is on you?.   

You don't. The best way is go the web cam site, at the bottom there is a place that says, "request a wave" you tell then what date, ship and where you will be on the ship. Make up a sign, wave a flag etc. It's free. Bon Voyage enjoy your cruise.

I requested a Wave for my sister's cruise January 12th out of Fort Lauderdale.  I told them she would be on the Aft deck (seaview Pool area) and by the railing, they zoomed in!   However, sister mis-understood and was on the upper level in the middle of the ship!   Oh well, we enjoyed the sail away anyway!

I'm sorry for my ignorance on this topic, but what is the web cam site being referred to? Is this something that is recorded and can be viewed later, or is it just live streaming? Would like to know more if someone doesn't mind giving the details. THANKS!!

(Will being on Zuiderdam sailing next month to Panama Canal)

7 hours ago, flagmom said:

I'm sorry for my ignorance on this topic, but what is the web cam site being referred to? Is this something that is recorded and can be viewed later, or is it just live streaming? Would like to know more if someone doesn't mind giving the details. THANKS!!

(Will being on Zuiderdam sailing next month to Panama Canal)

It’s the Port Everglades webcam - https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com

It live streams and is also recorded so it can be viewed later.

There is no guarantee that you will be seen by the camera.

A person from here requested a "wave" from the group this past Sunday.  We knew where to look for her and her husband (even the shirt he would be wearing for easy identification) but sadly it didn't happen.

Usually the PTZtv group are good at capturing the wave.