Chairs removed to make more room?

johnatsis

15 hours ago, Obsi said:

Actually that is a good point.  Someone should pointedly ask Princess what would happen if a passenger injured their back moving seating from the balcony because the inside chair has been removed.....

What about all the rest of the chairs on the ship? People move them all the time.

1 hour ago, floridalover5623 said:

What about all the rest of the chairs on the ship? People move them all the time.

But passengers moving chairs elsewhere aren't doing it because the chair that was in their cabin has been taken out.  If they claim chairs are being removed for "safety" (which we know isn't the case), it's a lot safer leaving the chair in a cabin than having a passenger drag an outdoor chair in, where they might trip over and injure themselves, or "do their back".

24 minutes ago, Obsi said:

But passengers moving chairs elsewhere aren't doing it because the chair that was in their cabin has been taken out.  If they claim chairs are being removed for "safety" (which we know isn't the case), it's a lot safer leaving the chair in a cabin than having a passenger drag an outdoor chair in, where they might trip over and injure themselves, or "do their back".

All I can say is good luck with any law suit. 

I am going to REI and sveral camping stores to see if there is a decent, collapsable chair that I could take as carry on on an airplane to a cruise. Usually fly Business so I can check two bags and carry on the chair. Will report back when I find something that might work. Dont want it too low to the ground and must be somewhat comfortable. what a pain.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

I am going to REI and sveral camping stores to see if there is a decent, collapsable chair that I could take as carry on on an airplane to a cruise. Usually fly Business so I can check two bags and carry on the chair. Will report back when I find something that might work. Dont want it too low to the ground and must be somewhat comfortable. what a pain.

That option might work for you.  But it would be a cold day in ----- before I carry a chair on a cruise ship.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

just received a call from cust service. Nothing new but they are tracking complaints. No reason given that makes any sense 

They knew about the guy on the 49 day cruise on the Royal. You would think they could find this poir guy a chair. The fact that they refuse really makes me determined to find another cruise line for next yest. Will be calling Celebrity later today. Also have been told Viking is really good and they provide chaurs in the rooms fir even the lowest priced cabins. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

just received a call from cust service. Nothing new but they are tracking complaints. No reason given that makes any sense 

They knew about the guy on the 49 day cruise on the Royal. You would think they could find this poir guy a chair. The fact that they refuse really makes me determined to find another cruise line for next yest. Will be calling Celebrity later today. Also have been told Viking is really good and they provide chaurs in the rooms fir even the lowest priced cabins. 

Please tell us more about man on Royal/49 days

22 hours ago, Thrak said:

Most of these decisions are almost certainly made by young people who have no concept of what it means to have a bad back. They are still in the "invincible" stage of life. Younger people have no clue about the issues faced by older people. It's always been that way.

I've sent letters to J Swartz and to customer relations but can't someone who has the know how, please get together a petition that we can all sign?   Maybe if they get a petition with enough signatures it will move the forces to replace/return the stateroom chairs.

Hope this makes sense, let's say there is 1000 couples who decides to cancel their cruise due to this subject matter along with some of the other short comings now, let's just say the total cost was $5000 multiplied by 1000 and you get $5,000,000, maybe this is too simple math but just a thought, just saying. 

1 hour ago, CRUISEWITHH said:

I've sent letters to J Swartz and to customer relations but can't someone who has the know how, please get together a petition that we can all sign?   Maybe if they get a petition with enough signatures it will move the forces to replace/return the stateroom chairs.

5 minutes ago, firecrewcapt said:

Hope this makes sense, let's say there is 1000 couples who decides to cancel their cruise due to this subject matter along with some of the other short comings now, let's just say the total cost was $5000 multiplied by 1000 and you get $5,000,000, maybe this is too simple math but just a thought, just saying. 

Cruise Critic would play a minuscule part. 

492 posts -- Yikes.  I have not read all 492.  I personally won't mind if the chair is gone.  It just gets its the way most of the time.  The other one by the mirror is sufficient.  

I have a sneaking suspicion most feel differently -- maybe 492 to 1.  :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

Add me as another unhappy cruiser.  When I first read about the barrel chair being removed and then a few posts later it was added that the small table also was gone my level of unhappyness went up.

I like to sit in the chair reading and looking out the window in our cabin.  Also, just where will the flowers that I order for the Wife sit?

The make up desk is normally covered by our stuff.  Sit the flowers on the shelf above the refrigerator and they will soon wilt from the heat.  

And, as others have also posted, room service also will be a thing of the past since I don't want to set the tray on the bed while I am also sitting on the bed to eat. 

I guess I can go up to deck 7, find a chair by a window to read.  Other passengers probably wont notice that I am wearing my PJ's  🤣

Bob

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My last Princess cruise was less than perfect.  I did not come back new.  And now they are taking away the lounge chair and table from my cabin?  I do not read, eat, or watch television in bed.  I'll be taking my loyalty credit and moving to another cruise line.  Even the Motel 6 can provided two chairs and a table in their rooms!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Cruise Critic would play a minuscule part. 

I have seen Princess make changes to policies and even designs to their ships (i.e. Royal Class) when there has been enough unhappiness by it's passengers.....the only way I witnessed that was by reading comments on CC....so CC can have a little or some influence I believe when it comes to Princess....they do read these boards and respond to concerned passengers.

Edited by PrincessLuver

49 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

I have seen Princess make changes to policies and even designs to their ships (i.e. Royal Class) when there has been enough unhappiness by it's passengers.....the only way I witnessed that was by reading comments on CC....so CC can have a little or some influence I believe when it comes to Princess....they do read these boards and respond to concerned passengers.

Oh I agree. They do read and post here on CC. It is free marketing info for them.