Chairs removed to make more room?

johnatsis

13 minutes ago, voljeep said:

and at the bar you will now pay a 18% gratuity instead of the old 15% - win, win ...

if they can afford a lengthy cruise abroad they can afford a 3% increase.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

Customer Relations will tell you ask the steward when you board.  IMO, that is because it is just easier to pass it along than deal with the issue.  I boarded the Royal Princess 14 days ago for a 30 day cruise.  I asked my steward as soon as I could.  His response was there are NO CHAIRS to give me, they are permanently GONE!  I suppose it could vary by ship depending on where it is in the removal process.

26 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Why....Princess is stating different reasons to different passengers and it definitely could cause Princess passengers to look for other options.  I hope this feedback will make them more forthcoming.

This is a relative new and major change for Princess and it's passengers.

I think this thread is beneficial because the more passengers who hear about this change (Princess is not being upfront and telling anyone what they are doing for a reason) the better they can make informed plans and decisions.

With going on 900 messages in this thread alone, I'd think that everything that can be said about this subject has been said on this subject.  It appears, to me at least, that most people are now saying that they've called/emailed someone at Princess and expressed their viewpoints on the subject and most have indicated that the person to whom they have spoken have not provided any help with the matter and have just said to "talk with the steward" or "just passed the problem on" rather than deal with the problem. I suspect that is about all that those who are answering phones or emails have little or no power to change anything at the corporate level. Whoever has the power to change policies is way above the phone-answering level. I would have to believe that "the word" IS being passed up the line. Whether things will get changed or not will be decided but not by those who answer the phones or emails.

One person's opinion.

Tom

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Loreni said:

when will Princess update their cabin photos.  

Princess to update their cabin photos ? Don’t hold your breath that will happen soon.

Suggest,  one of your kind complainers  do an Excell spreadsheet of fleet wide Princess ships,  and document from PAXs reporting  in to this thread, that the barrel is, or is no longer in their cabin.  Based on ship, and cabin type.  Give facts,  not speculation.

That way, everyone here will know if Princess is giving those complainers here, the middle finger salute.  And if Princess intends or will not do anything to return the chair to their rightful place.  In the cabin.

Good luck.  Hope you people prevail.

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

and at the bar you will now pay a 18% gratuity instead of the old 15% - win, win ...

47 minutes ago, senior lady said:

since when?    Gratuities haven't risen

There’s a thread about the change to 18% for all drinks including on packages where that’s being discussed.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2642602-gratuities/

And as you can see from this statement we received for the PBP for an upcoming cruise it’s now 18%.

D677F8E4-54B5-49A5-9EDE-CFD7E93371E1.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

4 hours ago, Pstcrik said:

Does anyone know if this subject is being posted on Facebook.  I am not that tech. savvy and don't have an account to check it out but supposedly Facebook is seen by many more people.

Yes, I posted the whole story (as we knew it) on several days ago on 2 Facebook Princess pages. It was news!  Now there are many unhappy present, past & future cruisers on FB, discussing the issue & writing/calling Princess. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DRS/NC said:

Yes, I posted the whole story (as we knew it) on several days ago on 2 Facebook Princess pages. It was news!  Now there are many unhappy present, past & future cruisers on FB, discussing the issue & writing/calling Princess. 

Good on you.

It can only make PCL realize there are a lot of unhappy customers and maybe would be customers that they have effected. 

• Like 2

I might bring my own chair.  I also have seen others using camping chairs on their balconies. Can’t blame them after the furniture was changed in 2012.  I used to bring my own mattress topper.  Someone found a chair that folds to 18” x 6” x 3”, I believe.

But...

if I go through the effort of tracking down, buying, packing and carrying a chair onboard, then it is not much more trouble to:

1. Bring a small water bottle with a filter and some flavor drops,

2. Bring my preferred instant coffee,

3. Plan independent shore excursions,

4. Take my own pictures, and 

5. Visit my own spa for services before and after the trip.

i will also deduct the price of the chair from my specialty dining budget.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, DRS/NC said:

I tried finding your posts and discussion on Princess' Facebook page.  No success.  Do you have a quick link, since I might not be the most computer person.  Thanks.  Interested in how Princess will interact with these posters.  Thanks for doing this.

3 hours ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

With going on 900 messages in this thread alone, I'd think that everything that can be said about this subject has been said on this subject.  It appears, to me at least, that most people are now saying that they've called/emailed someone at Princess and expressed their viewpoints on the subject and most have indicated that the person to whom they have spoken have not provided any help with the matter and have just said to "talk with the steward" or "just passed the problem on" rather than deal with the problem. I suspect that is about all that those who are answering phones or emails have little or no power to change anything at the corporate level. Whoever has the power to change policies is way above the phone-answering level. I would have to believe that "the word" IS being passed up the line. Whether things will get changed or not will be decided but not by those who answer the phones or emails.

One person's opinion.

Tom

Yet everyday there are more people posting that they contacted Princess expressing their displeasure about the loss of the chair. That means that more are learning of the problem by reading this thread. More prople commplaining only helps the decision to be reversed. 

If you or anyone else thinks it has run its course, simply bypass this thread. It’s that simple.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, richsea said:

Yet everyday there are more people posting that they contacted Princess expressing their displeasure about the loss of the chair. That means that more are learning of the problem by reading this thread. More prople commplaining only helps the decision to be reversed. 

If you or anyone else thinks it has run its course, simply bypass this thread. It’s that simple.

Absolutely! This will have run its course when Princess reverses this decision.

31 minutes ago, swomom said:

Absolutely! This will have run its course when Princess reverses this decision.

There is a good chance this might go on for years.    

But, agree, that until you take your last dying breath, it is worth trying to persuade Princess to reverse its decision.

Keep up the good fight.   :classic_smile:

Best of luck in your quest.

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Loreni said:

I might bring my own chair.  I also have seen others using camping chairs on their balconies. Can’t blame them after the furniture was changed in 2012.  I used to bring my own mattress topper.  Someone found a chair that folds to 18” x 6” x 3”, I believe.

But...

if I go through the effort of tracking down, buying, packing and carrying a chair onboard, then it is not much more trouble to:

Is Princess encouraging us to go Camping or Cruising on their ships now?  I am thinking of bringing our own blow-up life boat just in case they decide to charge us for use of their life boats in an emergency... 🙂

I am waiting for another cruise line to take advantage of this and use it in

their advertising. 

Good idea.. I won’t do any specialty dining or photos and will buy very few drinks. Bringing my own wine and glad to pay corkage

110DC768-B567-477D-AF2C-70895C284B2B.jpeg

Edited by oskidunker
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Loreni said:

But...

That'll show them 💩or not

35 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Is Princess encouraging us to go Camping or Cruising on their ships now?  I am thinking of bringing our own blow-up life boat just in case they decide to charge us for use of their life boats in an emergency... 🙂

Someone on FB suggested that every disgruntled CC and FB PAXs about the removal of the cabin chair need to rise up, be vocal, and loudly protest on board the ships you are /will be cruising on.   And,  to carry protest signs and/or hand out flyers exposing Princess budget cuts, and the customer outrage caused by removing the chair from cabins.  

What do you think?

Good luck and hope you get your way.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

6 hours ago, Pstcrik said:

Does anyone know if this subject is being posted on Facebook.  I am not that tech. savvy and don't have an account to check it out but supposedly Facebook is seen by many more people.

I've posted 2 or 3 times on Facebook.

1 hour ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Someone on FB suggested that every disgruntled CC and FB PAXs about the removal of the cabin chair need to rise up, be vocal, and loudly protest on board the ships you are /will be cruising on.   And,  to carry protest signs and/or hand out flyers exposing Princess budget cuts, and the customer outrage caused by removing the chair from cabins.  

What do you think?

I think that I am spending my cruise enjoying the good things, not focusing on the bad and inciting what could be interpreted as riot. I do understand the loss of the chair, I spoke with customer service, but I'm not letting it take over our cruise.

Edited by jwattle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I tried finding your posts and discussion on Princess' Facebook page.  No success.  Do you have a quick link, since I might not be the most computer person.  Thanks.  Interested in how Princess will interact with these posters.  Thanks for doing this.

I'm in 2 groups: Princess Cruise Lovers & one about Princess Cabins. Not sure which one I posted the longer piece to.   About 4-5 days ago, I think

Edited by DRS/NC

2 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

What do you think?

That would probably result in people getting thrown off the ship at the next port and/or banned from PCL for life..................but if you're planning to leave anyway, what have you got to lose.

10 hours ago, Loreni said:

Princess says we can request a chair when we board.

We are still waiting to hear back from passengers who have requested chairs and been granted chairs.  The only feedback I’ve seen is from those who requested chairs and been denied.  It could be that it varies by ship.  Some ships may have retained a few chairs, while others have gotten rid of all of them.

since chair removal is not fleet wide yet, there should be a number of ships retaining chairs for those who will request them.  Since Princess believes this to be a minority of passengers, it won’t be hard to store a few chairs.

in any case, soon we should be getting some feedback about requests being granted.  Why else would Princess tell people to try to get onboard early to make the request? 

The Grand is in dry dock now. We will see what they do.

I wonder if this will make google news or get on tv? Not sure if you can suggest a news story to them. Maybe someone knows.  I know you can email a news tip

to local tv stations. 

7 minutes ago, DRS/NC said:

That would probably result in people getting thrown off the ship at the next port and/or banned from PCL for life..................but if you're planning to leave anyway, what have you got to lose.

That poster enjoys standing on the sidelines and just recommending others do things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, richsea said:

That poster enjoys standing on the sidelines and just recommending others do things.

Yes, I stand on the sidelines on many issues.  Including this about a chair.   That’s because I don’t feel strongly on the controversy.   And, I just want to offer options to those kind of PAXs here who feel strongly about the removal of the chair.

I will still cruise, and enjoy my cruises on Princess no matter if there is a chair or no not..   Will you?

But,  wishing you and others  good luck  in your fight with Princess.   Hope you have a successful outcome.

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947
  • Like 1