Chairs removed to make more room?

johnatsis

7 minutes ago, TanglewoodTootsie said:

Just received a brochure from our TA on the new Sky and Enchanted Princess.  Has lovely pictures of all the staterooms.  Balcony stateroom picture has no chair inside and, very cleverly,  a chair on the balcony facing toward the room so that on a quick glance it looks like the chair is in the room.  Right, PCL!  Nice job!   Does this mean they expect us to bring the chair in from the balcony?!

The mini suite shows the sofa.

On the Princess website, the pictures of balcony staterooms for all of the Royal class, including Sky and Enchanted Princess do not show table or chair, but the diagrams do.

10 minutes ago, southerngoose said:

Guys...what would happen if we put a sign on the door like "Bring back the barrel chair!"   Or "Vote YES to the Comfy Cabin Chair!"   Would such a sign get removed?   I want a nice, peaceful PROTEST.   They should give us a nice chair!  

The thieves running around the ship with found Medallions would remove the signs as they roamed the passageways looking for the target stateroom.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

Wouldn’t the best protest be to book with a different cruise line until Princess gets its act together ? 

If I had known about the chair issue before I booked non-refundable airline tickets, hotel etc, I would have cancelled the cruise.   I assure you, there will not be future cruises on Princess.   Royal Caribbean is similar price and I can have a sofa in an inside cabin.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pstcrik said:

I have every intention or filling in the end of cruise survey but unless you are really special I do not know anyone who has ever got a reply of a complaint by using that method.  It is just another way of Princess trying to make you feel like they want to know how to make things better but after all is said and done it isn't worth the time to fill it in.

I have always gotten a phone reply when I send email to: customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Snagging chairs from other venues will never happen. The only time it would be feasible is late at night when there are only a few crew members out and about vacuuming and such. The passengers won't be able to stay up that late. Whenever I've been up late at night the ship has been like a morgue as far as passengers are concerned.

I understand the angst and upset about the chair removal, but those of you who plan protests, peaceful and otherwise, please let us know when you're sailing. No offense, but we are cruising to relax, not get caught up by the chair revolt and its aftermath.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Thank you for your report.

Did you move the fridge to the closet, or have Stewart do it for you?  

So, what are you using the empty  fridge space for  now?

I guess you don’t need or use the fridge or request ice?

King

I just accessed. I did not move. Just noticed if the corner fridge cabinet was removed there would be plenty of room for a chair. The closet as it is now can accommodate all my clothes from home so losing a bit of floor space to the fridge is an easy fix. 

The solution to the missing chair is for Princess to acknowledge its demise is a problem for many and that the solution is fairly easy. Even if a few of us were successful by hook or crook in getting a replacement it does not solve the problem.

I like to think that Princess removed the chair for a legitimate reason and will replace at some point because they want happy customers.  

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Star Travler said:

Does anyone think that they won't be told you can't take chairs from other venues or that it won't be returned the next day and you will get nice communication in your mail box telling you no no no

I agree & my experiences have been that stewards are required to maintain a standard cabin configuration which doesn’t include dirty balcony chairs nor chairs brought from somewhere else on the ship.  That only increases their workload without changing management’s decision to remove the chairs...they’ll only react if there’s a negative affect on profits due to a significant drop in bookings.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Star Travler said:

Does anyone think that they won't be told you can't take chairs from other venues or that it won't be returned the next day and you will get nice communication in your mail box telling you no no no

Good way to get thrown off the ship at the next port.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I don’t know who to believe...Princess who states a chair is available upon request or stewards who say their unavailable...or maybe they just don’t want to get a chair from storage to bring it to our cabins.

Whom to believe?

a) The phone rep who may never have been on a Princess ship, especially recently; or

b) Staff currently on the ship

4 hours ago, 4cats4me said:

Wouldn’t the best protest be to book with a different cruise line until Princess gets its act together ? 

I have been screwed over personally or as one of many customers by several companies over the years. As an example, I will not use Pep Boys, Firestone Tires or a local appliance store, Pacific Sales. As it stands now, Princess will be added. Oh by the way, I am not shy about sharing these experiences. 

I had emailed customer services about 3 weeks ago, got a call back from someone using the prepared script and had no actual information.Yesterday I emailed Swartz and got a call this AM. The woman calling was aware of my previous email and again regurgitated the same company line. I pointed out that we had booked a handicapped cabin out of necessity 18 months ago and the chair was not a luxury. Asked why there was not a way to pre reserve a chair and was told no, had to ask when aboard. Told her "thanks, you have been of no help" and hung up. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, jlp20 said:

I have been screwed over personally or as one of many customers by several companies over the years. As an example, I will not use Pep Boys, Firestone Tires or a local appliance store, Pacific Sales. As it stands now, Princess will be added. Oh by the way, I am not shy about sharing these experiences. 

I had emailed customer services about 3 weeks ago, got a call back from someone using the prepared script and had no actual information.Yesterday I emailed Swartz and got a call this AM. The woman calling was aware of my previous email and again regurgitated the same company line. I pointed out that we had booked a handicapped cabin out of necessity 18 months ago and the chair was not a luxury. Asked why there was not a way to pre reserve a chair and was told no, had to ask when aboard. Told her "thanks, you have been of no help" and hung up. 

What are you going to do once aboard, and there is no chair other than the desk chair in your cabin?

Maybe to get their attention, loudly protest at the Passengers Service Desk?

Good luck, and hope you get what you need.

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947

11 hours ago, Pstcrik said:

Well I board within a week and my first mission will be to find my room steward and as suggested by the phone call I received from J. Swartz office where I was told to ask for a chair when I board (which I am not holding my breath for) and if I am told none exists then I will carry on to passenger services and then to bring the subject up at the captains circle (gala of watered down drinks ?) where I do hope the Captain attend's and then on to the supper table for conversation.  I am still ticked that when I paid for this balcony that I was not put aware that some of the comforts that you believe you were going to get are no longer.

Wait until you discover that the ottomans have disappeared and the balcony table barely holds two drinks!

I'm going on the ruby in May. I would have cancelled that and gone to either NCL or HAL, who both go to Glacier Nat'l Park, but was inside final payment before I found out about the chairs, so I'm stuck, but I will cancel my Sky Princess reservation. All because of a chair, you ask? You betcha.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I'm going on the ruby in May. I would have cancelled that and gone to either NCL or HAL, who both go to Glacier Nat'l Park, but was inside final payment before I found out about the chairs, so I'm stuck, but I will cancel my Sky Princess reservation. All because of a chair, you ask? You betcha.

I agree.  We are stuck also with a FCC from a past cancellation.   I will have to add money to that because I can not have only one chair in our cabin and need a better cabin to get two places to sit.  I do have some FCC that I brought, (one last week).  I brought them because if the policy changes back to two chairs, I will use them.  Or if a deluxe balcony is cheap, then I will use them.  If not they are refundable.

I have all ready started to look at other lines.

• Like 1

None of us is "stuck" taking a cruise, even if we have a non-refundable deposit or are in penalty phase or have significant future cruise credits or future deposits.

If we feel strongly enough about Princess' chair removal (or any other policy change that is so personally problematic), we can cancel, write off the lo$$, and move on to holidays more to our liking.

49 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

None of us is "stuck" taking a cruise, even if we have a non-refundable deposit or are in penalty phase or have significant future cruise credits or future deposits.

If we feel strongly enough about Princess' chair removal (or any other policy change that is so personally problematic), we can cancel, write off the lo$$, and move on to holidays more to our liking.

Princess has  $1,200 plus dollars of mine that is non refundable.  Plus the same amount for my DH.  so, unless we give up 2,400 dollars, we are:"stuck" with Princess for another cruise.

I don't think most people would like to lose $2,400 plus dollars.

If you are able to loose $2,400 that is fine.  Most people can't!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I emailed Princess CS several weeks ago regarding the removal of the chair and never received a response.  I did get the canned auto reply saying they had received my email and would be in touch, but no phone call.  When Princess calls does the caller ID display "Princess?"  I am asking because I do not answer caller ID that says "unavailable."  Do they leave a message if no one answers?

9 minutes ago, gbldcl said:

I emailed Princess CS several weeks ago regarding the removal of the chair and never received a response.  I did get the canned auto reply saying they had received my email and would be in touch, but no phone call.  When Princess calls does the caller ID display "Princess?"  I am asking because I do not answer caller ID that says "unavailable."  Do they leave a message if no one answers?

Ah, thats your problem it shows up on call display as "tell someone who cares"

• Haha 2