Anyone else having problems with MSC website

Scot born

Different problem here.  My login account seemed to have disappeared.  Strange since I booked my cruise several months ago from their website.  So I established a new account using the same email and password I used when I originally established my account.  Seemed to work, but my booked cruise didn't show up (it does if I access it with booking number and name).  So tried to add my booking to the account and got an error message that the booking already belonged to another account.  Guess I'll have to call them:classic_cool:  Why do cruise lines have the worst websites?

Just tried to login to my booking and I can get in. However, when I try to see my booking info, I can only see options to purchase dining, internet, excursions, etc. I can updated my profile and personal data for the cruise.

I tried to sign in via my User Name instead of Booking number and I can't access my booking.

This MSC site is really the worst I have seen and I use most of them such as RCI, NCL, Princess and Celebrity.

1 hour ago, asctony said:

Just tried to login to my booking and I can get in. However, when I try to see my booking info, I can only see options to purchase dining, internet, excursions, etc. I can updated my profile and personal data for the cruise.

I tried to sign in via my User Name instead of Booking number and I can't access my booking.

This MSC site is really the worst I have seen and I use most of them such as RCI, NCL, Princess and Celebrity.

If you use your booking # and name that’s all you get.

You need to sign in with e-mail & password and that should work 

I just signed on with no problem 

1 hour ago, Bases5 said:

If you use your booking # and name that’s all you get.

You need to sign in with e-mail & password and that should work 

I just signed on with no problem 

Glad to hear you didn't have the same problem. Last month when I signed in using Booking Number and Name I did see the booking, cabin number, paid options, etc. So, apparently MSC has done an update since then. If not, why would you not see booking data such as cabin, etc?However, I did state that I used User and Password. Using USA site. SOS with MSC.

Edited by asctony

Had the same problem as others have mention for the last 2 weeks. Can log into booking with email address which shows excursions/beverage pack etc, but if you try and log into MyAccount to get actual cruise details - cabin / packages etc..nothing. Multiple phone calls and emails later and still no further forward. Useless !

8 minutes ago, FiggyWig said:

Had the same problem as others have mention for the last 2 weeks. Can log into booking with email address which shows excursions/beverage pack etc, but if you try and log into MyAccount to get actual cruise details - cabin / packages etc..nothing. Multiple phone calls and emails later and still no further forward. Useless !

Thanks for confirming the problem with the MSC site. Apparently it is not just the US site. It is also the UK site, too. MSC needs to get their POOP together. LOL Not really a laughing matter. It is very disturbing!

Just called MSC UK re problem's with web site and was told "yes with the new web site there is a few issues that need to be ironed out and it should be sorted soon all I have to do is keep checking and I might get in to see my booking" helpful NO.  I know I called at the end of their working day and they were already clock watching but I am still a customer and need reassurance that all is well with my booking and everything that I have pre booked. Is this too much to ask for. 

12 minutes ago, jody75 said:

U.K. web site works perfectly for me.  I log in with email / password.

Did you actually see your booking info such as cabin number, price of cruise, etc.? I can sign in but cannot see anything but Options to purchase Packages/Excursions.

My TA in the US tried to get me a price for a future MSC cruise. Here is what I get back from the TA:

' Their on line booking tool / system is not up and running.'

So, we are not the only ones having a problem with MSC. The TAs are, too.

2 hours ago, asctony said:

Did you actually see your booking info such as cabin number, price of cruise, etc.? I can sign in but cannot see anything but Options to purchase Packages/Excursions.

If you have booked a cruise, go to Your MSC Account and sign in.

Then you get a new page with headings :

Plan My Cruise / Cruise detail /Web check in /Account Setting / MSC V oyagers Club.

Goto Cruise detail and that gives everything  - Deck/Cabin no./Type / Experience and all the services included with your booking, flight details, dining times, etc.

Everything is listing except the price you paid.  Also remember your cabin No. is not guaranteed and MSC retain the option to re allocate keeping the same grade or upgrade.

The web site was upgraded recently and the only problem I have found is that they have forgotten to include the option to purchase WiFi pre-cruise, which they said will be corrected shortly.

18 minutes ago, jody75 said:

If you have booked a cruise, go to Your MSC Account and sign in.

Plan My Cruise / Cruise detail /Web check in /Account Setting / MSC V oyagers Club.

Goto Cruise detail and that gives everything  - Deck/Cabin no./Type / Experience and all the services included with your booking, flight details, dining times, etc.

Everything is listing except the price you paid.  Also remember your cabin No. is not guaranteed and MSC retain the option to re allocate keeping the same grade or upgrade.

The web site was upgraded recently and the only problem I have found is that they have forgotten to include the option to purchase WiFi pre-cruise, which they said will be corrected shortly.

Thanks for your info. However, I have tried this all week. I just retried it again to no avail.

It shows no bookings so I tried to link my booking. This is what I get:

Sorry, we didnt find the passenger for the booking number inserted. Please check your number and try again.

Yet, I can sign in via booking number and name and get the page to purchase packages and excursions. I do not even get the page you are addressing:

Totally frustrating!!!! Never had this problem with any other cruise line.

12 hours ago, asctony said:

Yet, I can sign in via booking number and name and get the page to purchase packages and excursions. I do not even get the page you are addressing:

I have two cruises booked, one shows all the detail you talk about but the other is very limited info.

I believe MSC must only upload the full details when the cruise is imminent, don't know the time scale.

Our second cruises is 9 months away, maybe that's the reason.

1 hour ago, ikea logistics said:

if its by booking number it doesn't give you everything if you register using an email address and password then you get all the info

What makes you think it works when people are saying it does not?

I've been trying both ways for a week and it goes not work. For me it works the way I have said x number of times.

on the uk site if you sign in using booking number and name then it doesn't show all the info ie whats included in your package what drinks you have etc.

If you sign up for an account then it shows everything you have booked.

Its always worked for me this way ever since I have cruised with MSC for the last 2 years

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ikea logistics said:

on the uk site if you sign in using booking number and name then it doesn't show all the info ie whats included in your package what drinks you have etc.

If you sign up for an account then it shows everything you have booked.

Its always worked for me this way ever since I have cruised with MSC for the last 2 years

Sorry to disagree with you again. I have been cruising with MSC since 2006. This is first time, this month, that nothing works to see my booking details.