Wonderful Copenhagen 2019.

On 8/12/2019 at 10:18 AM, fishdancer said:

For anyone thinking about taking a bus from any of the Copenhagen piers who is concerned about not having local currency to buy a ticket, there is an app you can have on your phone (I think its called Mobilbilleter) allowing you to buy a bus (which is also a train, metro etc) ticket when you need it. Ahead of time I created a profile and entered a US credit card as the method of payment and it worked fine. You can't buy the ticket in advance so you'd need a data connection or wifi when you're about to get on the bus. I waited to purchase until I saw the bus pulling up to maximize the 75 minute validity of the ticket. I was able to buy multiple tickets with one app.

We disembarked the Regal Princess at Oceankaj last week and took a taxi to the airport to get on the 9:40am Air France flight to Paris. Regal was the only ship in port that day. We walked off the ship with all of our luggage around 6:30/6:35am and there were plenty of taxis waiting, including larger van taxis that a family of 5 was heading for. I would not say we had traffic on the trip to the airport other than some longish waits at some red lights or when we needed to turn left. We arrived at the airport around 7:05, I think, and the cost of the taxi was 460DKK. Even though all the airlines seem to give stock advice of "arrive 3 hours before an international flight," the "check in now" email we got from Air France 24 hours before the flight said the cutoff for checking in luggage was 9am. I don't know what the line for checking in luggage would have been right before then.

Does the app allow you to purchase the 24 hour small pass at the airport for 2 different people

For planing purposes, Mr Trump will be in Copenhagen on an official state vista 2-3 September!

He has asked his staff to look into buying Greenland from Denmark.

Expect congestion in Copenhagen on these dates!

Edited by Globehoppers

8 hours ago, 12531 said:

Does the app allow you to purchase the 24 hour small pass at the airport for 2 different people

Yes, it does! You can buy tickets for several people with one app. You need to have mobile data/roaming on to use the app.

The app has been relaunched under a new name. Search for "DOT Tickets" on ios appstore or android google play

On 8/15/2019 at 9:55 PM, Globehoppers said:

For planing purposes, Mr Trump will be in Copenhagen on an official state vista 2-3 September!

He has asked his staff to look into buying Greenland from Denmark.

Expect congestion in Copenhagen on these dates!

Is it safe to say he'll be gone by the 6th? My flight from the US gets in the morning of the 6th and I really don't want to have to deal with whatever a Trump visit would bring during my vacation. 

4 hours ago, letscruiseagain&again said:

Is it safe to say he'll be gone by the 6th? My flight from the US gets in the morning of the 6th and I really don't want to have to deal with whatever a Trump visit would bring during my vacation. 

The visit is scheduled for September 2nd and 3rd. These kinds of things don't drag out. I'm sure that Trump, Frederiksen (Danish PM), Johannesen (Faroese PM) and Kielsen (Greenlandic Premier) have important matters to deal with in their own governments, so they don't have a ton of time for this thing to last all the way until the 6th of September.

Now Trump is saying that his visit to Denmark is a "maybe" so it may not happen after all.

Public opinion may be very anti-Trump depending on what's happening with the whole "buying Greenland" thing. Obviously it's seen as very disrespectful to the Greenlandic people, and within the Kingdom of Denmark the proposal is widely seen as something that belongs in colonial times, not in a modern democracy. However, Trump also just said that this matter is not "on the burner" so one would hope we won't hear any more about the proposal.

Many years ago, we were on a Princess Cruise.  I had pre purchased HOHO tickets.  I think that there was a stop for the HOHO near the dock Princess used.

I plan again to be on a Princess Cruise with a stop in Copenhagen and plan on using the HOHO.

Is there a HOHO stop close by?

Hi Danish Viking, two of us are arriving on the MSC Meraviglia on Sept. 22, which is a Sunday.

We want to go to Nyhavn in the morning to take a Canal cruise and then spend the rest of the day walking around the city.   

I understand we can buy bus/Metro tickets at the cruise terminal? Can we purchase return ticket at same time? Payment in cash or CC? Also, does Bus 25 run on Sundays? I understand we should take Bus 25 to Norreport St and then transfer to the Metro for one stop to Kongens Nytorv and then walk a short distance to Nyhavn.

Also, are stores open on Sundays? 

Thank You 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 6:58 PM, I_am_a_Dane said:

Now Trump is saying that his visit to Denmark is a "maybe" so it may not happen after all.

And he's just announced that he's "postponed" the visit:  

"Denmark is a very special country with incredible people, but based on Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen's comments, that she would have no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland, I will be postponing our meeting scheduled in two weeks for another time" 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/20/politics/trump-cancels-copenhagen/index.html

How lucky you all are in Copenhagen

I have a question about the 'Irma' store...there was a post much earlier (or maybe in our roll call!) that Irma will have a decent selection of wine.  I went to their website and saw a link to Membership - do you have to be a member in order to shop at Irma?

Thank you

21 hours ago, Stelladoro said:

Hi Danish Viking, two of us are arriving on the MSC Meraviglia on Sept. 22, which is a Sunday.

We want to go to Nyhavn in the morning to take a Canal cruise and then spend the rest of the day walking around the city.   

I understand we can buy bus/Metro tickets at the cruise terminal? Can we purchase return ticket at same time? Payment in cash or CC? Also, does Bus 25 run on Sundays? I understand we should take Bus 25 to Norreport St and then transfer to the Metro for one stop to Kongens Nytorv and then walk a short distance to Nyhavn.

Thank You 

Same cruise and same questions 😊

1 hour ago, Raisinette said:

I have a question about the 'Irma' store...there was a post much earlier (or maybe in our roll call!) that Irma will have a decent selection of wine.  I went to their website and saw a link to Membership - do you have to be a member in order to shop at Irma?

Thank you

No, you don't have to be a member to shop at Irma.

On 8/20/2019 at 9:56 PM, Stelladoro said:

Thank You 

No return ticket, you pay for a one way ticket that is valid for 1 hour. 

Ticket machines are available at Oceankaj. 

Yes you take bus 25 to Nørreport and then take the metro 1 stop to Kongens Nytorv. 

The trains are heading for Lufthavnen or Vestamager. 

And most stores will be open. 

38 minutes ago, Danish viking said:

Yes you take bus 25 to Nørreport and then take the metro 1 stop to Kongens Nytorv. 

Tak!

On 8/21/2019 at 5:34 PM, Danish viking said:

Could I get clarification on "valid for 1 hour" please? I presume the bus ticket is validated when you first get on. Then if we ride the bus to our destination and spend 1.5 hours there and want to ride the bus back to the original stop, wouldn't that require a return ticket? Or does "valid for 1 hour" mean of actual time spent on the bus?

The ticket will be valid from when you buy it at the ticket machine or by the bus driver. 

The time is rounded up to the first quartercof the hour, so if you buy it at 10:04 the ticket will be valid to 11:15.

I don't think you will get a fine if you get off at 11:17.

But no travels in Copenhagen should take more than 30-40 minutes. 

@portiemom @Danish viking

2 zone tickets are valid for 1 hour and 15 minutes. For each additional zone an additional 15 minutes of validity is added (up to 8 zones - there are different rules for tickets for 9 zones and up).

They don't round it up anymore (that was a thing back from the 10 trip stamp cards, which aren't in use anymore). If you buy a 2 zone ticket at 10:04 it will say that the ticket is valid from 10:04 to 11:19. This means that you need to board your last mode of transportation before 11:19, but you are allowed to stay on the bus/train until you have get get off even if it's later than the time the ticket expires (on the metro: maximum 30 minutes on top of the expiration time, and no further than to the terminus).

Source (in Danish): https://dinoffentligetransport.dk/find-og-koeb-billet/enkeltbilletter/enkeltbillet/enkeltbilletter-til-korte-rejser/

Edited by I_am_a_Dane

That was almost also what i said. 

Minor difference is that its always 1:15 and I thought they just rounded up to the nearest quarter. 

So the difference in minutes are minimal. 

But I'm using Rejsekortet so I am not used to buy single tickets so that is my excuse 🙂

8 hours ago, Danish viking said:

That was almost also what i said. 

Minor difference is that its always 1:15 and I thought they just rounded up to the nearest quarter. 

So the difference in minutes are minimal. 

But I'm using Rejsekortet so I am not used to buy single tickets so that is my excuse 🙂

Agreed, and as you said, no journeys in Copenhagen should take more than 30-40 minutes anyway. A couple of years ago there was some special circumstances that meant that this trick saved me a bit of money compared to Rejsekort, so that's why I know 🙂

4 hours ago, Sea,Sun&Sail said:

I guess you speak about regular buses, not HOHO.

Correct.

Btw talking about tickets. 

Will the 1,60 kroner quality/comfort for using the new metro only be charge for Rejsekort costumers. 

If you buy a paper ticket there is no way to tell if you gonna use the metro or just the bus. 

So I'm guessing that its only Rejsekort travellers that will be charged the extra fee. 

Thank you Danish Viking! I have been reading your thread preparing for our pre and post cruise stay in Copenhagen. Your advice was so helpful and helped make our time there amazing. You certainly have a beautiful city and we look forward to returning one day.

• Like 1