Wonderful Copenhagen 2019.

Generally the hotel gets good reviews on TripAdvisor so I think you can't go wrong with this one. 

Its not possible to prebook a taxi at Oceankaj as its first come first served. 

But as your ship is the first in port the line should not be that long.

MSC Meraviglia first docks at 8 so your ship has a 1 hour headstart. 

Another option is to arrange for a private car, its more expensive but then you are totally sure that a car is waiting for you. 

Or if you can get some more people on your roll call to join in on a mini bus. 

21 hours ago, Danish viking said:

If you choose Nørreport then a map will show up. 

For some reason 25 is not marked but it is the bus stops infront of Tornebuskgade. 

https://dinoffentligetransport.dk/trafikinformation/trafikkort/her-holder-bussen/

If you take public transport to the airport then I will suggest that you get of Østerport if you are on the 25 or simply just take bus 27 to the end of the line. 

From Østerport you can catch a airport train every 10th minute. 

They are more comfy than the metro from Nørreport. 

Thankyou for your help , on our arrival we are going to get the basic 24 hours travel card as we will be in Copenhagen the day before our cruise , i wonder if we should also get one or just pay for the bus and then the train for our trip from port to airport, i presume the best thing would maybe to be buy the tickets for this return trip the day we are in Copenhagen before our cruise.

12 hours ago, Saman said:

Thankyou for your help , on our arrival we are going to get the basic 24 hours travel card as we will be in Copenhagen the day before our cruise , i wonder if we should also get one or just pay for the bus and then the train for our trip from port to airport, i presume the best thing would maybe to be buy the tickets for this return trip the day we are in Copenhagen before our cruise.

The ticket cover both bus and train, just get the 3 zone ticket for 36 kroner. 

Hello Danish Viking, we will be sailing on the Serenade of the Seas and arriving in Copenhagen on 12 May. I was looking at a RCCL ship excursion that is a city tour with train station transfer.  I have yet to receive a response from RCCL regarding which train station this is so I thought I would ask you to see if you have an opinion regarding which train station they may drop us off at.  Then, we are staying in Copenhagen for two nights and will be staying at First Hotel Twentyseven by City Hall.  I'm hoping we be within walking distance of Tivoli.  Thank you for any insight you can share on the train station. 

5 hours ago, ExPAGirl said:

Then, we are staying in Copenhagen for two nights and will be staying at First Hotel Twentyseven by City Hall.  I'm hoping we be within walking distance of Tivoli. 

Tip: if you put the name of your hotel into Google, it will show you its location on a map of Copenhagen, and you can see how close to Tivoli you will be.    :classic_smile:

12 hours ago, ExPAGirl said:

Hello Danish Viking, we will be sailing on the Serenade of the Seas and arriving in Copenhagen on 12 May. I was looking at a RCCL ship excursion that is a city tour with train station transfer.  I have yet to receive a response from RCCL regarding which train station this is so I thought I would ask you to see if you have an opinion regarding which train station they may drop us off at.  Then, we are staying in Copenhagen for two nights and will be staying at First Hotel Twentyseven by City Hall.  I'm hoping we be within walking distance of Tivoli.  Thank you for any insight you can share on the train station. 

Where does this bus trip start or end?

2 hours ago, Danish viking said:

Where does this bus trip start or end?

It starts at the Port of Copenhagen on the morning of the 12th when the ship arrives, is 3.5 hours, and ends I guess, at the train station. The name of the excursion is City of Copenhagen(Train Transfer).

Hi,

We will be spending about 5-6 days in Copenhagen pre-cruise and are thinking about getting the 120hr Copenhagen Card.  We will be flying in from France, which I think arrives in Terminal 2 of CPH.  If we get the CPH can we still pick it up at the airport, even if that pickup location is Terminal 3?  Or are those terminals separated?  

The terminals are only seperated when you check in. 

Security is together and and so is baggage claim. 

So when you exit the baggage claim area you will be arriving at the main floor of Terminal 3.

The information desk will be on your left hand.

Metro and trains will be straight ahead and taxies will be on your right hand. 

If you are gonna use the shuttle busses to Crowne Plaza, AC Hotel Bella Sky and Mariott you gonna use the left hand exit just next to the information desk. 

Oceankaj is first come first served, so its not possible to prebook a taxi for that pier, I got this info from one of the taxi companies myself so it should be as correct as possible unless they have changed the rules this year. 

But on the first page I have linked to some companies so you could contact them and ask. 

The taxis are regulated so its the same price no matter which one you choose. 

The cruise season is really about to kick off in a weeks time or so. 

We have already been visited by Boudicca and Viking Sky (yes that Viking Sky) and one of the Aida ships really kicks things into gear this Saturday when when cruise season really starts. 

As always I will try to answer your questions as good as I can and I will try to update this thread if anything related to your visit pops up. 

Some of the most important things right now to look out for are... 

The 2 new Panda's at the zoo. 🙂

The new metro line opening in the summer, the latest documents I have seen says ultimo July but that could very well slip into August. 

Possible strike by Scandinavian Airlines later here in April.

Also if your cruise starts or ends in Stockholm, Bergen, Oslo etc it could be a problem 

Also look out for a strike by the national railway company around June the 1st. where a temporary agreement runs out. 

But if you use bus and Metro then don't worry. 

If you are visiting in May or June there is rumoured to be an election in this time period.

It will not affect your stay but every lightpost or wall will be covered by posters by all the candidates. 

So if you want a nice photo it might destroy that. 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2019 at 8:39 AM, Danish viking said:

My best guess would be København H (Central station) but I wouldn't rule out Nørreport either. 

Hello Danish Viking, I received confirmation that the tour will end at Central station. According to Google Maps our hotel is an 9-11 minute walk and the distance is .8 km/.5 mi from the train station.  I'm wondering how easy it will be to pull our luggage.  Specifically, if the sidewalks are smooth or are they cobblestone?  I don't want to pull my luggage across cobblestone sidewalks. 

Most sidewalks are made of something called fliser. 

When I translate it, it becomes tiles instead, does that sound right? 

Anyway, fliser is some of stones carved into square pieces some 50x50 centimeters or something like that. 

So its very flat and very easy to walk on. 

You can walk into cobblestones in driveways etc but not that many places. 

For those looking at pre-ordering a Copenhagen Card, note that you can change the currency in which you are charged. It seems to default to Euros (at least on the English website) but you can select Danish Krone (as well as British pounds and US dollars).

When I checked the exchange (comparing Euros and Krone, GBP and Krone, and US$ and Krone) you are MUCH better off choosing Krone.

For example, the 120 hour card costs 989 DKK. XE currency shows that as equivalent to £88.49, €102.73 or US$115.73 now. However, the charges in the other currencies are £114, €133 and US$149. Save your money; buy in Krone!

• Like 3

On 4/8/2019 at 4:46 PM, Danish viking said:

Most sidewalks are made of something called fliser. 

When I translate it, it becomes tiles instead, does that sound right? 

Anyway, fliser is some of stones carved into square pieces some 50x50 centimeters or something like that. 

So its very flat and very easy to walk on. 

You can walk into cobblestones in driveways etc but not that many places. 

Great! Thank you for that detail.

Hello DV, many thanks for all your posts and advice!

How "fancy" are the restaurants in Tivoli, specifically Faergekroen and Pagfuglon? We're going to be in daytime attire for touring. Are jeans ok to wear to the restaurants? The websites show lovely people in lovely outfits and I don't want to be insulting by being underdressed. We'll be going on a Saturday night, May 25, with the reservation probably around 6:00 pm.  (18:00). 

Thank you so much.