Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
DaveNetMan

Does MSC have comedy clubs / shows?

Recommended Posts

Long-time cruiser but first time booking on MSC (Armonia). One thing we love about Carnival is their stand-up comedy clubs, which we attend regularly. Does MSC have a comedy club, or at least have stand-up comedy shows? Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They had beer prov on msc seaside in the theater.2men2ladies.they take suggestions from the audience and improvise skits off the suggestion.i watched it the first night didn't go back again but YMMV.msc has so.many different nationalities on board I don't think a stand up comedian speaking English would work .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, scpirate said:

They had beer prov on msc seaside in the theater.2men2ladies.they take suggestions from the audience and improvise skits off the suggestion.i watched it the first night didn't go back again but YMMV.msc has so.many different nationalities on board I don't think a stand up comedian speaking English would work .

Agree.  We never went to the BeerProv but might this July. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Hobby3333 said:

Agree.  We never went to the BeerProv but might this July. 

Let me toss out a few thoughts.  We recently went on our first MSC cruise (21 days in the Divina YC) which was our 15th cruise line (over many years).  The Divina is one of the two current MSC ships that have been "Americanized" to some degree for their season out of Miami.  I would estimate that fewer then half the passengers on our two crowded (back to back) cruises were from North America.  We met many cruisers from Europe (Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Germany) who spoke some English.  Of all the cruises we have taken from US Ports (and there have been dozens) this was the most International mix of cruisers we have encountered on a Caribbean cruise.  Having a comedian working in English would have been unfair to more then half the passengers for which English is not their first language.  It is very difficult to understand comedy when it is not in your first language.  

 

MSC does a great job finding entertainment that is International...which generally means music, dance, or cirque de soleil type acts..  On our cruise we had jazz, blues, rock, classical, and even some opera.  Would the OP be happy if they had a late night comedy show in Italian?   Make no mistake that MSC is different then other lines that routinely market to North Americans.  MSC is truly an International cruise line with a strong emphasis on all things European.  And why not?  This is a privately owned Italian cruise line.  They are offering a somewhat unique product in North America and I sure hope they do not try to be one more "Carnival" type of line.  DW and I have cruised Carnival (and enjoyed the cruises) but would not be booking MSC if they were simply another Carnival.  And we enjoyed the Divina enough that we booked a future cruise before we even disembarked the ship.

 

Hank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most MSC shows are what one might refer to as 'visual' so it can be understood in many languages.

 

Cheers

Len

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 10:47 PM, Hlitner said:

Let me toss out a few thoughts.  We recently went on our first MSC cruise (21 days in the Divina YC) which was our 15th cruise line (over many years).  The Divina is one of the two current MSC ships that have been "Americanized" to some degree for their season out of Miami.  I would estimate that fewer then half the passengers on our two crowded (back to back) cruises were from North America.  We met many cruisers from Europe (Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Germany) who spoke some English.  Of all the cruises we have taken from US Ports (and there have been dozens) this was the most International mix of cruisers we have encountered on a Caribbean cruise.  Having a comedian working in English would have been unfair to more then half the passengers for which English is not their first language.  It is very difficult to understand comedy when it is not in your first language.  

 

MSC does a great job finding entertainment that is International...which generally means music, dance, or cirque de soleil type acts..  On our cruise we had jazz, blues, rock, classical, and even some opera.  Would the OP be happy if they had a late night comedy show in Italian?   Make no mistake that MSC is different then other lines that routinely market to North Americans.  MSC is truly an International cruise line with a strong emphasis on all things European.  And why not?  This is a privately owned Italian cruise line.  They are offering a somewhat unique product in North America and I sure hope they do not try to be one more "Carnival" type of line.  DW and I have cruised Carnival (and enjoyed the cruises) but would not be booking MSC if they were simply another Carnival.  And we enjoyed the Divina enough that we booked a future cruise before we even disembarked the ship.

 

Hank

 

Very well said.  Based on my experiences with Costa, this is what I'm expecting on my first MSC cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...