Medallions and Ocean Ready App

Sea Gypsy 2

We are sailing on the Regal March 17. Does anyone have experience with boarding without using the

Ocean Ready App?  Does it add extra time checking in at the port? I was told by a Princess representative

that if you did not have the app set up on your phone before boarding, you would have to spend time at the port doing so.

She stated that you must set up your profile on your phone to use the medallions.  Is this true?

My Medallion sailing is not until November, but based on everything I've seen, not many (or any for that matter) have experienced a full medallion sailing yet.  You are probably better off getting your information directly from the Ocean Ready app until it has fully been in use for a few sailings.  I have read that if you don't want it connected to your phone that you can just use the medallion the same way you would use a cruise card so maybe it's just a stop at the check in counter.  I plan on being fully Ocean Ready, phone and all.  LOL!

I had The same problem.  I called customer service and they admitted they were having problems with the app giving error messages.  They took my information and said they would call me when it was fixed, but they didn’t say how long that would be.  I think a lot of people are experiencing this same issue.  

I've used the Ocean Ready app before a previous cruise and am using it again for my cruise coming up (we are sailing on the same cruise). I have had no trouble with it. It is my understanding that if you download a picture on the app, they won't have to do it at the port, so I think this saves time. It took us all of 5 minutes on our last Medallion cruise to check in. It was very fast. Even with all that, it was quite fast checking in without being on a Medallion cruise too. If it saves time, it is probably negligible. See you on board!

2 hours ago, gawyldcat said:

I had The same problem.  I called customer service and they admitted they were having problems with the app giving error messages.  They took my information and said they would call me when it was fixed, but they didn’t say how long that would be.  I think a lot of people are experiencing this same issue.  

My TA contacted Princess about our April cruise on the Royal being marketed as MedallionClass class but being unable to access OceanReady.  They said they’ll email passengers if it’s actually operational but don’t tell passengers to wait for a notification.

During the transition to MC there isn’t much standardization so who knows what we’ll experience.

Good news!  I just received an email from Princess regarding my app error issues.  They told me to download the new Apple update and it would fix the problem.  Sure enough, I was able to create my account and add my reservation.  I haven't tried going beyond that yet, but at least there is progress.  Good luck everyone!  :classic_smile:

2 hours ago, TupeloHoney said:

Yeah, after posting this yesterday I tried again and it was suddenly working!  I was able to do most of it through the Ocean Ready website, which is where is sent me to reset my password - and then magically it was working on my phone.

How far in advance of your cruise?

3 hours ago, mevs904 said:

We are sailing on the Caribbean Princess on March 23 and have decided to wait and set it up at embarkation.  From what we’re hearing it doesn’t take much time.

will do the same, prolly, on our 5/14 CB

20 hours ago, TupeloHoney said:

That'd sure be annoying because I have been trying for weeks to get the Ocean Ready app to work on my phone and just get error after error.  I've pretty much given up at this point.  

HAVE YOU CONTACTED THE OCEAN READY unit?

56 minutes ago, Pickels said:

HAVE YOU CONTACTED THE OCEAN READY unit?

No, I didn't bother.  After reading on here it sounded like lots of people were having problems and the Ocean Ready people weren't much help - that it was a bigger problem.  But I did get it working now, so they fixed something!

On 2/4/2019 at 4:39 PM, Sea Gypsy 2 said:

We are sailing on the Regal March 17. without using the

Ocean Ready App?  Does it add extra time checking in at the port?

Yes it will, but no more time than you are used to in the past. Have a great cruise!!!!!!!

11 hours ago, mevs904 said:

We are sailing on the Caribbean Princess on March 23 and have decided to wait and set it up at embarkation.  From what we’re hearing it doesn’t take much time.

We were on Caribbean Princess in January and had the OM set up when we boarded.  

No Problem.  It was done very quickly!  :classic_cool:

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 5:13 PM, TupeloHoney said:

That'd sure be annoying because I have been trying for weeks to get the Ocean Ready app to work on my phone and just get error after error.  I've pretty much given up at this point.  

CALL 1-844-525-0942, great people, will help you.

Used Ocean Ready for our December CB cruise. Cruising on the Regal in March and when I went into Ocean Ready the reservation wasn’t there. When I tired to add it I got a message that there was another legal name associated with that reservation. Called OM support and they had to elevate the problem. Got a call back 3 business days later saying the reservation was tied to my husband’s email. When the support person looks up our reservation on the Princess system my email is first, but apparently it’s different in the OM world. And, there’s nothing they can do about it. Thought the transfer of information from one cruise to another was one of the great things about the system. We’ll get our Medallions at the pier.