Medallions and Ocean Ready App

Sea Gypsy 2

14 hours ago, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

I was not able to download the oceanready app on my Samsung Galaxy tablet, but I was able to do so on my Samsung J7 phone.  I only download the oceanready app. and never used my phone on board.

Thanks,  I spoke to Princess ON department directly.  They indicated that their app will not work and there is no indentation to update app to work on any android tablet.  I will work on android phones and apple phones and Ipads.

Like other things in life, some will love it, others won't.

I for one am going on a cruise to escape my phone and computer as even tho I'm retired, I seem to be tied to electronics doing banking, signing up for classes, or doing volunteer and civic duties so the good 'ol fashioned' room card will be just fine for me. To me, the Medallion is more of a targeted marketing scheme and a gadget that is a novelty.

If the bar man doesn't know me and yell 'NORMMMMM...' like in Cheers when I walk in, that's just fine by me...they don't do that for me when I go out to dinner at the Keg either. 🙂

ps my name isn't Norm so that in itself would be really odd!

Edited by remydiva

• 4 months later...

If we decide to take the plunge, what's the process in order for this Ocean Ready thingamabob?

I take it this app is NOT a Princess App, but could be used on several different cruise lines? Can anyone tell me if it is REQUIRED, not just helpful? We rarely use apps on our phones of any sort....we are old people. 😎

1. Go to Ocean.com to make a profile for each person sailing?

2. Then go to each phone's app download site and download the Ocean App? Android here.

3. Then what?

4. If I fail to complete the steps above, will that in anyway affect my use of the Medallion stuff on our next Princess cruise (Crown Princess, Nov 2019)? We always print and have in our possession our boarding documents and other travel docs when we check in at the ship. Never have used our cell phone apps for anything except Mobile Passport once when it actually worked in Port Everglades. The other 3 times in recent memory that function was not working at the port.

We cruise a lot, and I like the ability of checking on my dinner reservations, shipboard account, wine lists, etc while in the cabin using the TV and/or kiosks on the ship. Is the idea of the "Ocean" app to replace those functions on the ships? We usually turn my phone off when we get in our cabin as we won't use them again until we're near to disembarkation to check on airlines, etc.

On 8/10/2019 at 11:19 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

If we decide to take the plunge, what's the process in order for this Ocean Ready thingamabob?

I take it this app is NOT a Princess App, but could be used on several different cruise lines? Can anyone tell me if it is REQUIRED, not just helpful? We rarely use apps on our phones of any sort....we are old people. 😎

1. Go to Ocean.com to make a profile for each person sailing?

2. Then go to each phone's app download site and download the Ocean App? Android here.

3. Then what?

4. If I fail to complete the steps above, will that in anyway affect my use of the Medallion stuff on our next Princess cruise (Crown Princess, Nov 2019)? We always print and have in our possession our boarding documents and other travel docs when we check in at the ship. Never have used our cell phone apps for anything except Mobile Passport once when it actually worked in Port Everglades. The other 3 times in recent memory that function was not working at the port.

We cruise a lot, and I like the ability of checking on my dinner reservations, shipboard account, wine lists, etc while in the cabin using the TV and/or kiosks on the ship. Is the idea of the "Ocean" app to replace those functions on the ships? We usually turn my phone off when we get in our cabin as we won't use them again until we're near to disembarkation to check on airlines, etc.

OceanReady is an option you can use to expedite boarding. Its accessible from the new MedallionClass app (currently available within the Apple App Store and coming soon to Google Play) and once downloaded, all you have to do is add your booking number and follow the steps. By scanning your passport, providing a security photo and pre-ordering your Medallions, you can bypass the traditional lines on embarkation day.

Getting OceanReady before you embark is completely optional.

As for the portfolio of other elements available to guests sailing on board a Princess MedallionClass ship, those too are phone optional. Every MedallionClass experience - finding venues and your shipmates around the ship; ordering food/drinks to be delivered to your location; bookmarking ship events and activities; fun, interactive games and adventures; favorite travel shows and more can be accessed on public portals around the ship or your stateroom TV. 

And you can use OceanConcierge (formerly Princess at Sea) to access your folio.

On 2/20/2019 at 7:23 PM, Cruisecrazy25 said:

The only thing I wish was that it was all one app.  It is kind of annoying to have several different apps. 

Your wish has come true. There’s a new app called Medallion Class all the apps. are together 👍.

I was on the Caribbean Princess in January. Our Medallions came to our house about 2 weeks before the cruise. 

We had them on it made it so easy to get on the ship. We were out of the cab and in our cabin in about 10 minutes.

All you have to do is go to the Medallion entrance and just walk on the ship. It was great.

Tony

6455F9F2-28E3-4979-8155-63050736D5AF.jpeg

4 hours ago, AskOceanMedallion said:

OceanReady is an option you can use to expedite boarding. Its accessible from the new MedallionClass app (currently available within the Apple App Store and coming soon to Google Play) and once downloaded, all you have to do is add your booking number and follow the steps. By scanning your passport, providing a security photo and pre-ordering your Medallions, you can bypass the traditional lines on embarkation day.

As for the portfolio of other elements available to guests sailing on board a Princess MedallionClass ship, those too are phone optional. Every MedallionClass experience - finding venues and your shipmates around the ship; ordering food/drinks to be delivered to your location; bookmarking ship events and activities; fun, interactive games and adventures; favorite travel shows and more can be accessed on public portals around the ship or your stateroom TV. 

HI.  I was told back in Feb that it was imminent that Medallions would be mailed to Canadian customers.  Still not showing as available for a Nov cruise.  When are you going to be doing this?  At the time, I understood that Medallions were sent from Asia.  They could be sent to Canada just as easily.  Even if mailed from USA, pretty easy to mail to Canada.  Charge me an extra $1 or so for the postage if you want, I don't mind.  But I would like my Medallion just like the Americans on the cruise so we can have the speedy check-in and just head onto the ship.

14 hours ago, AskOceanMedallion said:

Thanks very much for the info. I've been wondering about that....