Breakaway / Live (*) / Solo - Feb-07-17-2019...

sid_9169

Well, I guess that pretty much wraps it up for this "review"... I suppose at times it was more of a manifesto... Thank you all again for being such a great part of it all... Technically, a cruise did happen somewhere in the middle. But, there was also so much more. Wow, I sure did eat and drink a lot during these past few weeks. I think I did gain a few pounds along the way. I'm hoping that I can find an affordable place to live soon, so I can start planning my next adventure... I've got a few different cruises in mind, but I think I'm going to hold off on making a move until I get my life together a bit...

I will be updating the other thread from time to time, but I suspect that eventually, interest will fade... I hope to have you all back with me for my next journey... Thank you all again so much.........

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Well, I guess that pretty much wraps it up for this "review"... I suppose at times it was more of a manifesto... Thank you all again for being such a great part of it all... Technically, a cruise did happen somewhere in the middle. But, there was also so much more. Wow, I sure did eat and drink a lot during these past few weeks. I think I did gain a few pounds along the way. I'm hoping that I can find an affordable place to live soon, so I can start planning my next adventure... I've got a few different cruises in mind, but I think I'm going to hold off on making a move until I get my life together a bit...

I will be updating the other thread from time to time, but I suspect that eventually, interest will fade... I hope to have you all back with me for my next journey... Thank you all again so much.........

Well I was late to the party (on my own cruise and all) but I still enjoyed the ride.  Thank you for sharing all of this with us.                                                                                                                                                                                

On another note,  I know you've been all over the coastal areas of Belize. We are in the early sages of planning a trip. It looks like our options for a home base are Caye Caulker, Palencia, or Belize City. Which would you recommend? My main goal is good food and drinks nearby. Others want to snorkel and kayak. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

Well I was late to the party (on my own cruise and all) but I still enjoyed the ride.  Thank you for sharing all of this with us.                                                                                                                                                                                

On another note,  I know you've been all over the coastal areas of Belize. We are in the early sages of planning a trip. It looks like our options for a home base are Caye Caulker, Palencia, or Belize City. Which would you recommend? My main goal is good food and drinks nearby. Others want to snorkel and kayak. 

Thanks!

Have you considered ambergris caye? A bit more to it than caye caulker, and just a short hop away for a day trip...

18 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

Don't forget to look at Ambergris Caye larger and more to do then any of the others.  As a base and you want to go inland to Belieze, I would stay inland for a couple of days and then hit one of the islands or Palencia.  

Edited by RedRover96
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RedRover96 said:

Don't forget to look at Ambergris Caye larger and more to do then any of the others.  As a base and you want to go inland to Belieze, I would stay inland for a couple of days and then hit one of the islands or Palencia.  

Yeah, there will be no moving around. We tend to travel as a pack. I just wrangled 24 people into a cruise ship. With 20 Estimated for the next trip, I don't think there's enough tequila in Belize for me to even consider a mid-trip move.

But thank you for your suggestions. 🙂

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

Yeah, there will be no moving around. We tend to travel as a pack. I just wrangled 24 people into a cruise ship. With 20 Estimated for the next trip, I don't think there's enough tequila in Belize for me to even consider a mid-trip move.

But thank you for your suggestions. 🙂

In Belize it's all about rum ! With such a large group, Ambergris Caye is the only place.  I've spent a week on Caye Caulker, day trip to Ambergris Caye & Palencia.  Belize City NO WAY!

• Like 2

I finally got around to putting up the remainder of the stuff from my suitcase this morning... These little stickers were on each piece of laundry, other than the socks, that I sent out for cleaning while on board. It's amazing to me, that they take the time to print and attach these to everything they wash on a daily basis...

IMG_20190303_101856385.jpg

• Haha 1

Sid, thank you so much for this thread. I found it late, but spent the past couple of days bingeing and catching up. I’m about to cruise out of NOLA for the first time in a few weeks myself. Best of luck with the new job, apartment, and everything else. 

Megan 

• Like 1

Nothing worse than missing a laundry tag

Wear the shirt / shorts/ pants...

You don't feel the tag

Wash your clothes again

Now the sticker pokes you

& after the wash the little buggers are resistant to removal!

• Like 2

"Oops, I did it again..." My itchy booking finger just now got the better of me... My 50th birthday cruise is now officially a thing. 8 day Southern Caribbean on the Carnival Horizon, heading to Grand Turk and the ABC islands, all new ports for me... Also, since Carnival doesn't charge the absurd internet rates like NCL, there will be a full Live Review forthcoming!... Set your calendars for mid September on the CCL message boards!...

IMG_20190309_141341724.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic Birthday Present!!

Sid - in case you are not aware of Birthday Celebration Etiquette...  

The 50th Birthday Celebration is a Full Year...

Have a fabulous year celebrating!!!

Looking forward to your review. 

Edited by Von & John
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Von & John said:

Fantastic Birthday Present!!

Sid - in case you are not aware of Birthday Celebration Etiquette...  

The 50th Birthday Celebration is a Full Year...

Have a fabulous year celebrating!!!

Looking forward to your review. 

Looks like I've got about 6 months of celebrating to catch up on!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

"Oops, I did it again..." My itchy booking finger just now got the better of me... My 50th birthday cruise is now officially a thing. 8 day Southern Caribbean on the Carnival Horizon, heading to Grand Turk and the ABC islands, all new ports for me... Also, since Carnival doesn't charge the absurd internet rates like NCL, there will be a full Live Review forthcoming!... Set your calendars for mid September on the CCL message boards!...

IMG_20190309_141341724.jpg

Well that’s exciting. I’ll be on the Harmony of the seas the week before you board Carnival Horizon. You’ll be able to precruise on my “live” then so you can almost get a back to back cruise. 😀

Trigger finger booking cruises is a good thing. 

• Like 2

All we've been hearing about for the past week, is how we're "all going to lose an hour of sleep" on Saturday night... Well, I suppose that this is one of the few times where having no life is to my advantage... I basically did nothing all day yesterday, other than maybe some day drinking. At 8:30 yesterday evening, I said "alrighty then, I've had enough", and went to bed, getting a full 11 straight hours of sleep...  Take that, mister news person!...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, cavenger said:

Pardon my ignorance but what are the patches you guys are referring to?

I've been experimenting with different hangover prevention methods... The patch by Rebound seems to do the trick as well as anything I've tried... And, yes, two patches seem to work better than one...

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick FYI... Sid's AyTeeEl (ATL) has been moved to the floataway lounge section of the Cruise Critic message boards... I believe that a drunken rant that I posted last night caught the eye of the admins, and they took notice... I would really like to thank each and every one of you who have been following the thread following my boring, everyday life, as well as the occasional food and beverage p0rn... I'm 170 days from my next cruise at this point, and if I find a new place to live soon, I hope to get a lower number countdown booked... (Fingers crossed...) Thanks to all of you again who have followed along on my drunken travels.........

• Like 5