Breakaway / Live (*) / Solo - Feb-07-17-2019...

sid_9169

The internet is starting to fade... I'm going into airplane mode. I will burn through my thirty free Platinum minutes some time tomorrow... Till then... Thank each and every one of you so much for being part of my adventure. *I just ordered another Patron silver straight...

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Am I the only one who has experienced an outage of the website for the past hour or so? Anyhoo, we move on... After lunch I made my way back to Vibe for a margarita with Patron silver... Interestingly, there was no upcharge, and the bartender said it was included. Perhaps the new, grossly absurd beverage price increase hasn't hit the Breakaway yet?

Soon, cabins were ready, and I went down and set up my new home for the next ten days. All my shirts are hung in the closet, and my toiletries and whatnot set up. Then I headed back to Vibe for a mango margarita, frozen with Patron silver. Still no upcharge... And, with one heck of a straw, that I thought NCL did away with.

IMG_20190207_142256.thumb.jpg.0bd77c03a13c73470c89f4533d439352.jpg

IMG_20190207_131454.thumb.jpg.3522688e6bedb51a351f812829f9af2d.jpg

New prices when we boarded the Breakaway on Jan 17th. 

IMG_2199.JPG

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

We're still sitting here at the port... There must have been some kind of delay with the NCL booked flights is my best guess. They were still loading luggage as of about ten minutes ago, so I'm guessing we'll be underway soon.

I'm about to head down to the solo meeting at Maltings Bar, and check that out.

Two weeks ago it was after 6:00 before we took of. Those boarding earlier had no problems but apparently later on people were having long waits to board.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

According to Edgar at Vibe, NCL did rethink some of their beverage prices, with Patron silver and grey goose in particular now moved under the limit. Some of the other increases are still in effect, and I guess they're still trying to figure out a happy medium between profits and pissing off their customers...

YAY on Grey Goose & Patron!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deedle7544 said:

I want EVERYTHING from the Raw Bar!!!!  I think I;m leaning towards this ship for my first solo cruise, all though it won;t be for a few years.  I like the studio rooms. 

Studio rooms sell out fast.  We booked the Breakaway last month for 1 Feb 2020 and there was one studio left.

• Like 1

Sid, if you think of it, would you see if a martini made with Grey Goose has been lowered back into what is covered by the drink package? I know you said GG and Patron Silver have been in general, but wondering if that just means a shot of it or in a mixed drink. Thank you!

• Like 1

Loving your blog.  I am from New Orleans and we sail in 23 days on the Breakaway.  I check CC every few days for new posts and your blog is definitely one of the best.  I hope you enjoy the rest of the cruise as it seems like you're off to a fine start.  Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures.  Thanks!!

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 6:17 PM, sid_9169 said:

According to Edgar at Vibe, NCL did rethink some of their beverage prices, with Patron silver and grey goose in particular now moved under the limit. Some of the other increases are still in effect, and I guess they're still trying to figure out a happy medium between profits and pissing off their customers...

Just wondering if they’ve dropped the price of Grand Marnier below the $15 threshold.

• Like 1

Sid, the struggle is real as we know you’re on a cruise and must anxiously await your port days to live vicariously through you. Hope you’re having a great time and lots of tequila! Sure hope CC gets the app up and running again so the Live reviews can resume.

Edited by blarko
  • Like 1

I just binge read your Bliss review from Dec 2018.  I really enjoyed the napping pics from the observation lounge.  The ship looks gorgeous, but that observation lounge looks like a breeding ground for all sorts of funk!  I’m officially addicted to your reviews!  Hope you are having a blast!

• Like 2

Good morning from beautiful Cozumel Mexico!... I've been jonsing to give all of you fine readers some updates, but as you know, I have not purchased a data plan this sailing. I'm just getting off the ship, and will be updating throughout the day. I have a lot of shenanigans from yesterday to share, but I'll fill all of that in when I get back home to a good WiFi connection. Today, we are living in the present!

I'm about to meet my driver, Crescencio, and we'll be on our way. I'm heading to the East side, where there is no electricity, so the updates will start flowing in once I'm back here in San Miguel.

I want to thank all of you for sticking this out, and I hope to keep you informed and entertained for the next week or so. We'll just call it "infotainment"...

My costume for today.

MVIMG_20190209_094915.thumb.jpg.4d8b66782c848b180ed22271b47d5e65.jpg

MVIMG_20190209_094928.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1