Reflection or Silouette

beachhouse

They are both so similar, that I would choose based on itinerary and price.  

If itinerary and price are equal, Silhouette has a very slight edge because she has the full sized Sky Lounge. They used part of that same area on Reflection for cabins, so the observation area is not as expansive. 

They are very similar and I love them both. If you are planning to sail Aqua Class and spend substantial time in the spa, I would choose Reflection, simply because the Persian Gardens on Reflection is larger and has more amenities. We also preferred the layout of the Sunset Bar on Reflection. However, Silhouette's Sky Lounge is fantastic and might tip the scales that direction for me if I wasn't planning to use the Persian Gardens. You can't go wrong with either, though!

Reflection is definitely more crowded, especially if you are sailing Aqua class.  There are more tables in the dedicated restaurant, Blu.  As mentioned, Silhouette has the full Sky Lounge which is great for observation.

We've sailed both, and as was said by others, both are great ships. One thing not mentioned by anyone is that the OVC (buffet) on Reflection is on the same deck as the pool. We prefer this layout to Silhouette and all of the other S class ships where you have to go up a deck from the pool to reach the buffet. That being said, I'd choose the itinerary and best deal because both are wonderful ships.

2 hours ago, Marelaine said:

They are both so similar, that I would choose based on itinerary and price.  

If itinerary and price are equal, Silhouette has a very slight edge because she has the full sized Sky Lounge. They used part of that same area on Reflection for cabins, so the observation area is not as expansive. 

Are you sure the Sky Lounge on the Silhouette will remain the same after she is Edgified?  I believe I read that part of it will be taken for suites as on Reflection (which would be too bad). I am not positive, but it’s worth checking for anyone booking after her dry dock if this is important in choosing between the two ships.

45 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Are you sure the Sky Lounge on the Silhouette will remain the same after she is Edgified?  I believe I read that part of it will be taken for suites as on Reflection (which would be too bad). I am not positive, but it’s worth checking for anyone booking after her dry dock if this is important in choosing between the two ships.

I'm pretty sure you're right. Celebrity will most likely mess with the Sky lounge on all the Solstice class ships. Sad. 

Edited by Marelaine

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

The introduction of the 6 extra suites that eat into the Sky lounge on the Reflection is planned for all the other S class ships.

9 hours ago, cruiserchuck said:

There is very little difference between the two.  Reflection has additional cabins on deck 12 and 14, so the ship is slightly more crowded.  However, we did not really experience any difference between the two ships.

The pool deck on the Reflection is a deck up as there is an entire floor of cabins on deck 12 rather than just at the back where the S2 cabins are on the other S class ships. Overall it takes an extra 160 passengers at double occupancy.

5 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

The introduction of the 6 extra suites that eat into the Sky lounge on the Reflection is planned for all the other S class ships.

Thanks, that’s what I thought. What a shame, the Sky Lounge is such a beautiful space. Unfortunately, this reflects the growing and disturbing trend among cruise lines to remove guests from the water.

2 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Thanks, that’s what I thought. What a shame, the Sky Lounge is such a beautiful space. Unfortunately, this reflects the growing and disturbing trend among cruise lines to remove guests from the water.

I have to say that I have never spent any real time in the Sky Lounge. We have had one cruise on the Reflection but I don't recall reaching the Sky Lounge that time. I am fairly sure that we spent our time in the evenings between the Molecular Bar and the Martini Bar. 

3 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

I have to say that I have never spent any real time in the Sky Lounge. We have had one cruise on the Reflection but I don't recall reaching the Sky Lounge that time. I am fairly sure that we spent our time in the evenings between the Molecular Bar and the Martini Bar. 

It’s a terrific space for sitting and watching the water, and being out of the sun or inclement weather.  Nice place to read.   On our Silhouette TA in November, trivia was held there (among other events and activities), and it was packed. It’s a bright and airy space for spending that time. (And there’s a nice bar, too. :classic_smile:)

As someone who cruises because I love the ocean, I believe that forward-facing public spaces are important to the cruising experience.  I think that an indoor, forward-facing observation space like the Sky Lounge is important on a ship.  Same for public space on an exterior, forward-facing deck.  

Edited by Turtles06
  • Thanks 1

Like all have said...not much difference.  Yes, sometime you will notice the extra passengers on Reflection and you will notice a big difference in the Sky Lounge.  Also another difference is that Silhouette still has the Quasar disco space...and on Reflection they inexplicably replaced it with a conference room.