Will X ever get wristbands instead of cards??

Pier290

17 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Having been on a short land break once and having worn one my simple answer to the OP is:

PLEASE NOOOOO!!!!!!

😂 I second that!!! 

Lanyards or wristbands are just no my thing. Neither do I want to feel like on a conference nor like being a guest in some all inclusive resorts...

“Modern luxury“ and those things just don’t fit together IMHO.

1 minute ago, Miaminice said:

😂 I second that!!! 

Lanyards or wristbands are just no my thing. Neither do I want to feel like on a conference nor like being a guest in some all inclusive resorts...

“Modern luxury“ and those things just don’t fit together IMHO.

I can just see the conversations now on Glitz and Glamour Night.

"Now what can I wear that will match with my fluorescent yellow / green / orange or pink wrist band ?" ;-)

On 2/6/2019 at 8:25 PM, hrhdhd said:

I wear my card on a lanyard. Don't be nervous; I won't put one on you.

I know!! People think lanyards are tacky, but I only use one during the day around the ship if I'm not wearing something with pockets, but those wristbands are hideous.  I can't imagine wearing one in the evening.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 7:42 PM, hcat said:

We will reject bands of any kind, esp the tacky , crappy looking plastic.

We  prefer to  be guests  or customers rather than  a data collection  unit.

RESIST THE  CYBORG!

So they now have apps for your phone that will ask you to hand over your contact, photo album, etc etc (like most of them do). If that so, You are the product and are giving whoever free data. For example, you might go twice to the expensive watch shop and don't buy a thing, I bet 5$ you will get a special deal on your phone the next day. 

As for knowing your “status” by looking at the color of the wristband, when we last bought one on RC  they were out of colors, so everyone from that point in time on for that cruise, got a black one. Not sure whether black indicated steerage or elite. Didn’t matter one wit.

With the Edgified fleet , wrist bands are not necessary.  On board the cell phones can be tracked easily. 

Wrist band work on large properties, such as Disney.  With regard to Disney, the real reason the wristbands were adopted was to track every visitor and study their habits, travels, purchases, etc.  With the Big Data, they can fine- tune their operations and tailor their marketing down to the individual level.   Everything from staffing to what stays open after fireworks comes from Big Data.

Enjoy your life with Big Brother.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

With the Edgified fleet , wrist bands are not necessary.  On board the cell phones can be tracked easily. 

Wrist band work on large properties, such as Disney.  With regard to Disney, the real reason the wristbands were adopted was to track every visitor and study their habits, travels, purchases, etc.  With the Big Data, they can fine- tune their operations and tailor their marketing down to the individual level.   Everything from staffing to what stays open after fireworks comes from Big Data.

Enjoy your life with Big Brother.

Big Brother is going to be awfully disappointed with my phone if it lives in the safe for the cruise.  Although I do let it out periodically to take pictures since it has a better camera than my iPad.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, davekathy said:

My cell phone is turned off and in the safe for the entire cruise. 

Us too!  

I use a camera for photos, and the tablet if I want somthing quick.

Do not want to be tracked on board or off!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2019 at 11:56 AM, Orator said:

Honestly, I don't care what they use so long as I'm on the cruise. 

Totally agree. I'm on a cruise to have a fun time and not pay attention to see if someone is wearing a lanyard or wrist band.

On 2/9/2019 at 1:13 PM, mek said:

I know!! People think lanyards are tacky, but I only use one during the day around the ship if I'm not wearing something with pockets, but those wristbands are hideous.  I can't imagine wearing one in the evening.

I agree. I also don't think lanyards are tacky. I prefer the lanyards because I don't always have pockets, when I pull my cell phone out of my pockets the seapass cards sometimes sticks to the phone and falls on the ground (this has unfortunately happened with a charge card) and I can easily take it off. I can also hide it inside my shirt if I want to. I hate the wrist bands because every time I wash my hands it gets wet under it and is a pain to dry it off very well.

On 2/10/2019 at 6:31 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Big Brother is going to be awfully disappointed with my phone if it lives in the safe for the cruise.  Although I do let it out periodically to take pictures since it has a better camera than my iPad.

Great post!