UAE Visa

AlRajul

Can anyone give advice re what type of visa is required for Celebrity Constellation

4th March 2019 voyage?  We will be entering multi times the UAE, I'm waiting for

reply for UK AUE Embassy but in the mean time would be interested in what everyone

else has done in the past, or are intending to do.  There seems to be two trains of thought

1,Free On Arrival Visa which is for 30 days, but I've also read that you can't reenter within 30 days!

so that doesn't seem correct for the cruise, or 2, MultiEntry Tourist Visa which is AED 650 (around £150)

Hope someone can put me straight on this?

Jan

Edited by AlRajul
continue

1 hour ago, AlRajul said:

Can anyone give advice re what type of visa is required for Celebrity Constellation

4th March 2019 voyage?  We will be entering multi times the UAE, I'm waiting for

reply for UK AUE Embassy but in the mean time would be interested in what everyone

else has done in the past, or are intending to do.  There seems to be two trains of thought

1,Free On Arrival Visa which is for 30 days, but I've also read that you can't reenter within 30 days!

so that doesn't seem correct for the cruise, or 2, MultiEntry Tourist Visa which is AED 650 (around £150)

Hope someone can put me straight on this?

Jan

I just looked at that itinerary and I only see two entries into the UAE.  The initial arrival to embark the ship and then the return at the end of the cruise and if you are travelling on a full British passport both are covered by the visa waiver which entitles you to stay up to 30 days each time.   The no reentry within 30 days applies to any 30 days visa on arrival that has been extended up to the maximum stay of 90 days... There are a couple of posters to this board who have already completed this itinerary so hopefully one will confirm that...

Anne...

As Anne says, just get the visa 'stamp' in your passport on arrival at Dubai/Abu Dhabi airport...thats fine. For info, on cruise check in at Abu Dhabi, you will require at check in 2 copies of your passport (one for them, one for you, as they will take your passport off you) and one copy of your India eTourist visa confirmation e mail. The day before arrival in India, you will recieve a 'landing card'. This must be stamped at each Indian port. Do not lose it!! Celeb will sort out all required visa stamps in your passport and return it to you near the end of the cruise.

Simon

And don't try to use the E Gates.

Hi to a counter where they physically STAMP your passport. If exiting by road (And I would imagine also by sea) , they do not always have the proper equipment reading your passport.  My wife got in trouble twice by flying into DXB or AUH and then exiting the UAE by Harley or car to Oman. "WHERE IS STAMP? WHERE IS STAMP?"