Equinox Revolution

Jim_Iain

On 5/20/2019 at 8:22 PM, CulverCityCruisers said:

Check this out!

Glad to see they are doing something with the lawn club. It was one of the very few things I didnt like about the Eclipse. Just seemed like wasted space to me. Of course we were in Alaska so maybe people us it more in the Caribbean?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Glad to see they are doing something with the lawn club. It was one of the very few things I didnt like about the Eclipse. Just seemed like wasted space to me. Of course we were in Alaska so maybe people us it more in the Caribbean?

Maybe its the perspective  of the photo, but  they seem taller than previous pvt seating in the lawn areas....blocks  more of the view,,

Odd pods! Cages?

13 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

With that darn screen running movies--what was once a quiet pretty green space is now going to be noise from 8am-11pm if they use it like the M class roof deck movie venue.  It is a shame

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Would have loved the lawn club grill replacing the glass blowing (now pay for) studio lesson.  

Lawn club grill is the  Best Celebrity restaurant IMO

Food isn't bad but it's got all the ambiance of a Sizzlers or Outback. Not what we expect from a high end, high priced steak joint.

6 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Food isn't bad but it's got all the ambiance of a Sizzlers or Outback. Not what we expect from a high end, high priced steak joint.

Imagine that Sizzler with a large TV screen now... 🤣 

Who wants to pay for a specialty dining package with a large TV running?

TV+Dinner.. better to stay home. 

Certainly not "modern luxury"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Imagine that Sizzler with a large TV screen now... 🤣 

Who wants to pay for a specialty dining package with a large TV running?

TV+Dinner.. better to stay home. 

Certainly not "modern luxury"

Agree not Mortons or Peter Lugers- but for a cruise ship pretty good.  Like the idea of a fresh salad bar, flat bread pizza appetizer and the fact that you can have different main courses.  I enjoy lamb chops and grilled veggie kebob and sometimes add  a shrimp kebob. My DH likes the other sides and filet.  The hot chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream is also a treat.  Never liked sizzler- seemed dirty in NY.  Outback is salt city- 

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Would have loved the lawn club grill replacing the glass blowing (now pay for) studio lesson.  

Lawn club grill is the  Best Celebrity restaurant IMO

Would also have loved this and Lawn Club Grill has been our least favorite...but that is based on one visit. If we had not visited Tuscan Grille again after our first try would have never figured out it was our favorite. To each their own. 

3 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

We actually like the food, but I would not consider it high end or high priced.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

We actually like the food, but I would not consider it high end or high priced.

The pricing says they think of it as high end, having to discount it, by up to 50% to get people to come tells me a lot of people also do not consider them high end but do consider them high priced.

Lawn Club Grill is hands down our least favorite restaurant on Celebrity.  It's a fun idea, but the quality of the food was the weakest of any Celebrity restaurant.  We were actually disappointed when we heard it was coming to Equinox as we are sailing her in September.  

On 5/23/2019 at 8:52 AM, Fogfog said:

On other S class ships we have sailed   ...on the deck that overlooks the pool... had these. We tend to sit up there in the shade.

Glad to see them

Those big shade sails have been there all along.  We sailed Equinox a few years ago and that pool area looks basically identical to when we sailed.

11 minutes ago, creativegenius said:

Lawn Club Grill is hands down our least favorite restaurant on Celebrity.  It's a fun idea, but the quality of the food was the weakest of any Celebrity restaurant.  We were actually disappointed when we heard it was coming to Equinox as we are sailing her in September.  

It is not gong to be on The Equinox, they are keeping The Hot Glass venue. 

2 minutes ago, mari10 said:

It is not gong to be on The Equinox, they are keeping The Hot Glass venue. 

They removed it?  It was supposed to be a part of the "revolution" under the movie screen.  I didn't notice the hot glass venue in the videos of the lawn club, looked like it was gone.  But hard to tell since they pull that metal gate down over it when it's not open.

9 hours ago, helen haywood said:

LCG definitely has one of the highest up charges.

We have had very decent steaks and lamb chops there and it is more fun with a small group.

Have been at LCG on windy days with glare in the evenings and they pull the screens to mitigate it. Works fine

Have had lunch there as well which was a nice venue and meal= a great alt from the OceanView. That was back when LCG and The Porch were open for lunch and the UDP (which doesn't exist anymore)

That TV is going to be problematic if they run it like the rooftop deck 12 (M-class)..which is constant noise and too loud. 

There are so few places to go for quiet and that green lawn space and chairs up there was one of them.

I fear Celebrity is becoming more "Carnival/RCCL"  with noise/sound/activity overload. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, creativegenius said:

They removed it?  It was supposed to be a part of the "revolution" under the movie screen.  I didn't notice the hot glass venue in the videos of the lawn club, looked like it was gone.  But hard to tell since they pull that metal gate down over it when it's not open.

9 minutes ago, creativegenius said:

Before the renovation, my nephew was on the Equinox and the old corning glass show was replaced with a glass studio.  You can book a session and make your own glass blowing  item, with assistance of course.  .  You can see information and cost on the celebrity website regarding your cruise- not sure if under shore x's or dining packages.  Check.

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Before the renovation, my nephew was on the Equinox and the old corning glass show was replaced with a glass studio.  You can book a session and make your own glass blowing  item, with assistance of course.  .  You can see information and cost on the celebrity website regarding your cruise- not sure if under shore x's or dining packages.  Check.

Yeah we knew about the change.  Our friends Sean and Stef showed the new glass show on their YouTube show.  Glad we got to see the original show, they did an awesome job with that.  As we have an 11 night cruise coming up we just might book that glass session.   

We really enjoyed the Lawn Club Grill on the Reflection. I can still recall a beautiful evening while in port (San Juan?) while listening to live jazz being played. The food was not the highlight of the evening, but that's OK. I was looking forward to reliving some of that experience on the Silhouette next year, but could see how a TV blaring some kind of crap could negatively impact the experience !

Tom

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

I don't believe LCG was ever part of the Equinox revolution.

Thanks.  My wife seemed to think the glass blowing area was going away to be replaced with a LCG. 

The new screen back there on the Lawn looks fun though.  Looking forward to watching movies under the stars, although I will say the steady rumble from the stacks back there will make quiet movies a bit challenging to watch.